“Dirty rooms, obnoxious staff, no way to make complaints”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Yonkers, New York
“Dirty rooms, obnoxious staff, no way to make complaints”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went here during Christmas, thought it might be something fun to do. The casino was okay, a lot of the machines were not working and I didn't get money that I lost back. When we got back to our room late at night, we found dried blood stains on the comforter and huge holes in the sheets. Everything else was pretty old in the room, but livable. The blood however was disgusting, when I tried to make a complaint I got the run around. I think I spoke to 5 different people and then they connected me to a general number for Harrah's. I was told that I need to pay regardless, which I did and was not the issue. Everyone who I spoke with was rude and no helpful. No one even could say sorry. I asked if it is acceptable to have dried blood and the sheets and the woman just continued to say that I have to pay and that someone would be calling me about it. I got a voicemail from someone else in customer service, but she did not leave her name or her number, so I was calling around trying to find her and never actually got in touch with her. There was no follow up. I will never stay here again and advise others not to as well, unless you like paying to sleep in a dirty bed and talked to like an idiot.
Aside from the room, the food was okay, not great. We went to the pool which was a very nice pool, but you need ID to go in, which was frustrating as we had to go back to our room to get our wallets and everything. Parking is free, but I got a free parking voucher for playing so many slots I guess. Not sure why they would give free parking passes for a free parking lot, but I guess it makes sense considering how horrible this hotel was!

Green Features: They do not have environmentally friendly practices that I could see.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Rebdeb86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,693)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed with my girlfriend Saturday 1/11 to Sunday 1/12 in a Waterfront Room 8089. Check in line was very long at 4PM. The gentlemen behind the counter, Mark, insisted there were no rooms available...at 4oclock? BS to say the least. I was very persistent that I needed a room now and he saw I wasn't giving in and then POOF! All of a sudden there were rooms available.

Room was updated. Very poor lighting. I don't know where they got "waterfront" from because there was zero view of any bodies of water. Room looked clean but you didn't get that feeling that it was clean. Smelt like old cigarettes but it was a nonsmoking room. Bathroom was very nice and clean. Beds were comfortable.

I don't gamble but the casino did not have a positive vibe. We walked through and I cannot say anything positive about it.

We had lunch at Sammy D's. It was HORRIBLE! See my review for specifics....

We got massages at Elizabeth Arden spa...it was VERY expensive (more expensive than the Caribbean) but Raquel and Emily, our misuses, made it worth it.

All in all, I would not recommend Harrah's at all. I usually stay at the Borgata but got the night at Harrah's as an anniversary present and NOT ONE ASPECT IS EVEN ON THE SAME LEVEL AS THE BORGATA!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael K
SI NY
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was our first time staying at Harrah's. We chose this hotel because I had a gift certificate to the RedDoor Spa. I have to say I really enjoyed my stay. We chose a room in the Bayview Tower, based on other reviews. The room was clean and very spacious, with a huge bathroom. It may need a little sprucing up, but nothing major. I really enjoyed the overall atmosphere and service was above average. The spa was fantastic. Would return, and perhaps book a class at the Viking Cooking School, also in Harrah's.

Room Tip: Bayview or Waterfront Tower
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed after thanksgiving 2013 and even though the house was packed, we had an amazing time. The buffet closes early, and the lines are long. Ladies dont wear heals to wait on line. Room was really nice and updated, bed very comfortable. Nice pool

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2014

There was a MOUSE in the room and we were on the fifteenth floor!!! We had to fight to get a refund and they still had the nerve to charge us 13.00 claiming that charge could not be reversed. Never again will they get my business!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank J L
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Harrah's with friends and the hotel was exactly what we expected. Two double beds and a nice bathroom. The crowd was young and vibrant throughout the night. The pool is a hotspot at night for young singles which translates to many staying there. I found myself right at home.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It is not our number one AC spot but it is our fav when it comes to big hotels and we also enjoy their buffet quite a bit! The overall place is very clean and one can see that they pay attention to detail! It is not over the top like some of the other big AC hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple