“Saved by super comfortable bed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Driggs, Idaho
“Saved by super comfortable bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The line at check in was ridiculously long and slow moving. Our front desk agent was very friendly but mid check in walked away for a moment with no "excuse me" or explanation. The room was very nice looking. We were staying the Waterfront Tower. I wouldn't call the view we had waterfront views - apparently Bayview Tower is the one with the views. We were looking at the parking garage and a constu site. At 7am there was extremely loud construction going on that woke us up. The bed was super comfy so we somehow managed to fall back to sleep. The water pressure was very weak in the shower. Wish there would have been a bathtub. Housekeeping was very friendly and did a great job!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aatraveler06

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,888)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 day work related conference. My initial thought when entering the hotel lobby was complete panic and horror. To my surprise several other events were taking place at the same hotel and the line for check in extended from the lobby and through the casino. Check in time was 1hour and 20 minutes. Once I got to my room I was pleased to find in clean, bright cheerful and very welcoming. Temperature was perfect,,,not could and not hot.
The check in staff was pleasant and working very hard to get everyone to their rooms without difficulties. The food was very good in conference center and the variety of food was terrific in hotel restaurants. I used self parking and was surprised to find it was free!!! Overall it was a nice experience and would stay at this location again if traveling into Atlantic City.

Room Tip: Bay Tower is the newest addition and has excellent view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jphillips12
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at Harrah's from 10/28 to 10/31! We were checked into a room in the Marina tower that was not up to par. The view was terrible, the carpet , drapes and sofa were filthy. The bed was like a feather mattress and very uncomfortable. I complained and was upgraded to the Waterfront Tower on the 41st floor. The room there was GORGEOUS! All nice, clean and comfortable, plus a fabulous view. The gambling floor is very fun and the staff very friendly. The best part of the property is the Buffet and it's staff. They are fabulous. The manager, a young lady by the name of Victoria, goes above and beyond to please her guests. She is very friendly and accommodating. The staff seems to like her and you can tell they she really likes and respects all of them. There is also an evening manager that is very good,I didn't get his name , but he is a tall young man with dark curly hair. Harrah's should consider themselves lucky to have these 2 fine people running their buffet. The food is very good, but I thought that the price for the "seafood night" which was about $75 for 2 was a little extreme, since we didn't even eat any of the crab legs, etc. Overall , a great experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Don B
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is one on my favorite places to stay in Atlantic City. My favorite rooms are in the Waterfront tower. The rooms are nice and spacious. My only problem is that the walls are thin, you can hear everything in the room next door. They have a great buffet, their other restaurants are good too. The pool is beautiful and becomes a club at night. For the 40 + crowd they have Eden lounge. They have live music on the weekends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanda C
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My name is Bessie Staten from Kansas City Mo. My son is in the air force @ Fort Dix in NJ. my birthday was 10/31 he surprised me with a round trip ticket to NYC and to go to Atlantic City. I was to happy like I've won the lottery. We went to Atlantic City on my birthday, I looked in my purse noticed I didn't have my harrah's card so I went to cashier window to get another card and the worker said I wasn't in the system..... that was strange very strange HARRAH'S is my favorite casino and I really couldn't believe why I wasn't in the system, then on top of that I paid $14.00 for two beers was never told that alcohol was free when gambling, because it sure isn't in KCMO. but over all it is really beautiful there, so could someone please figure out what happened or @ least fix the problem for my next visit where I can use my card

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bessie S
Maywood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Busy, bustling casino welcomes you, long walk to reception desk, I drag myself along. Met by receptionist-with-a-slight-attitude; checked in, another long walk, up the elevator, get to the room & there's a "do not disturb" sign on the door; back to reception, & lucky to be attended to by another, smiling receptionist. Receptionist-with-an-attitude had written the wrong room number!!!

Other than that, it was a pleasant, short stay. Clean, large room; firm mattress, massive bathroom, with tub & shower (water pressure could be much better).

I know I overpaid, due to a late booking - would hope to pay less in future. I'll probably be back

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Akin342
Metuchen, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Ick...that was my first reaction to the Harrah's room we stayed in. It was a free comp room so I guess I shouldn't have expected much but it was worst than lower end hotel rooms that I had previously stayed at in the past. Overall it looked like they gave up on maintaining or updating those rooms. When we first walked in the first thing I noticed was the random, thrift store furniture. Nothing matched. It looked like the whole room was put together with leftover furniture from old hotels that went out of business. The next thing I noticed was an annoying clicking sound from the very, very old AC/heating unit which kept me up the rest of the night. I also woke up with terrible eye problems. I thought I contracted pink eye but when I left the hotel room my eyes started getting better so I can only assume my eye problems were a result of staying in that room. As for the bed, I was surprised it didn't have a fitted sheet. What hotel doesn't use fitted sheets?! It was just a flat sheet thrown over the bed with more sheets thrown on top for covers. The following morning my handsome boyfriend (he told me to add the handsome part : ) noticed the shower head was coming out of the wall. Then when he tried ironing his clothes he noticed the ironing board had disgusting stains on it. We spoke with the supervisor after checking out the next day but she didn't seem at all concerned. When we spoke to her should would look around us like she wasn't paying attention to us. The only time she did look at us was when she spoke. Afterward she offered us a meal voucher. Thank goodness we only stayed there 1 night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple