“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, NJ
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night during the week for a business trip (trade show at the AC Convention Center). Was able to book a room in the newer Waterfront Tower for $80 incl. taxes and fees (equivalent of AMEX points). After reading reviews on the site, I had no idea what I was in for. Was it going to be dirty? Was I going to be told my reservation wasn't correct? Was I going to wait hours to check-in? None of the above!

I arrived around 4pm to check in after working in the morning/afternoon. The line was long, but moved very quickly and efficiently. I was in my room on the 34th floor by 430pm. No problems with the reservation at all. I was actually expecting some since I used AMEX points. Did not have to wait for an elevator. Got up to the room, opened the door, and was floored. The room was clean, modern, huge, and a comfortable temperature. Absolutely impeccable.

The only two things keeping me from giving 5 stars is the distance from the self-parking to the hotel lobby (it is a 5-7 minute walk easily), and the parking fee for guests. If you are a guest, you should get a discounted rate, and build it into the room charge. Other than that, I highly recommend Harrah's.

Room Tip: Request or book in advance the Waterfront Tower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank apingicer1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,049)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Royersford, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

As earlier reviews have noted the casino area is extremely smokey. This is a huge problem since you have to walk through the whole maze of slots and tables from the self park just to get to the check in or your tower elevator. Not worth it in my opinion.
Very dissapointed in the room amenities. Not a single piece of literature or map to help you determine what is actually in the hotel. Again, they are "betting" that you'll walk the whole floor and drop some more $$ on the games. No premium tv channels and wifi is "available" for a fee although after repeated attempts we were never able to log on. Check in lines were incredibly long then they direct you to an even longer line to apply for a rewards card. Too much wasted time.

We were on the 25th floor and had a nice view at night but I'm trying a different spot next time.
A beautiful summer weekend at the shore and I want to see more than table games and slots!

Room Tip: the one up side is the view, go for the higher floors
Green Features: Towels and sheets on the environmentally friendly plan are fine however we could not get the room very cool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Glendale, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I go to Atlantic City quite often and Harrah's is one of my favorite hotels to stay at (I also love the Golden Nugget). I am a member of the Total Rewards Program so most of the time my rooms are
comped, which is a big plus. I like this hotel for may reasons. I like the location. There is a nice path in the back of the hotel that you can walk along the water side and if you follow the path you can also walk over to the Golden Nugget. If you get an oceanview room you get a really nice view. The rooms overall are nice - not as nice as some of the newer AC hotels but they are still nice. There is a good selection of resturants and places and quick bites to choose from. Bills Burger Bar has good burgers and fries. The buffet has good selection. There are some nice shops on the property including Pandora's! There are 2 swimming pools - the main pool where you have to be 21yrs and older and then another pool where kids are allowed. Although the main pool is nice and you fell like you are in the caribbean instead of AC. Now for the casino! To me this hotel has everything I want in a casino. They have lots of slot machins especially Poker machines which are my favorite! A good choice of table games also plus Live Horse Racing! They also have a poker room. The waitress service here is really good because you can order your drinks but just pressing a few buttons on the slot machine not like some of the other casinos where you can wait 1/2 for the waitress to appear. If you are not a member of Total Rewards you should join this program and take advantage of the room and food comps(based on your plaY). This hotel also have free bus service to Showboat, Ballys and Casears ont he boardwalk IF you are a total rewards member (although you have to wait in line for the bus and sometime the service is a little slo) but you can also take the Jitney or grab a cab over to the boardwalk hotel and casino. The only downside is this hotel always has long lines for check in but they do move pretty fast. You can also check in before the 3pm check in time (starting at 12:30) by paying a small fee which is worth it. Good Luck and win a lot of money at Harrah's AC!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina for a nice view! or facing the Brigatine bridge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy A
metuchen,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Check in for comp room begins at 12:30pm. Be in line before time for fast service. Check out Happy Hour prices for deals. Look for coupons online before you leave home. Not on boardwalk. Food can get costly quickly. Not recommended for anyone under 21.

Room Tip: Comp rooms assigned
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked waterfront view of this hotel, large room with a kings bed!..too good for 4 all of us to accomodate on.:). we stayed overnight on 27th floor..in the hotel.

super views of the waterfront, wife was more happier then me :)...
it is couple of miles away from other casino's but if you are staying in, you can use the shuttle service to visit other casinos and do boardwalk!!...

Good for people visiting for casino and having fun..kids not allowed in the pool, hotel staff are not too friendly....we had long queues for checking at midnight..!

Overall, for fun and frolic, would recommend..for families..prefer near the boardwalk..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Harrah's is a nice hotel but I would stay at different hotel next time. The smell of smoke in this hotel and casino is overwhelming. I say this as a smoker it was just too much. Our room was in the marina section. There was mold on the shower curtain, dirt in the elevators I saw verry little security. I would prefer staying in the boardwalk hotels and being able to walk between casino's and seeing the ocean. Check in and Check out went quickly no problems, when I reported that there was mold on the shower curtain they took $30.00 off our room bill.

long island ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great place to get away to. Lots of choices to eat inside the lobby, even after hours. Stayed in the waterfront tower on the 26 th floor. Nice view of the water. Had breakfast at Sammy D's one morning. Husbands eggs were a little cold but we were n a hurry so didn't send them back or complain. When I went to the register to pay the bill ($35) the cashier asked "how was everything?" So I explained what happened, she immediately called the manager over to talk to me. I explained we were in a hurry and my husband had to leave so we didn't send his breakfast back. He responded " no worries I took care of it". I was still holding out $ to pay for mine & the cashier said, " nothing is owed. The manager took care of the entire bill. That's great customer service! We will definitely go back next time we stay there.

1 Thank terry216