“Unfortunately will no longer be staying”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Unfortunately will no longer be staying”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As some one who frequents Atlantic City I have had the opportunity to stay at many casinos- Harrahs I have had some great memories at with friends and family- however my last stay will be just that, the last.

Booked a waterfront premium room- staying for a special anniversary. Upon arrival at the hotel I was informed that my room was no longer available.... ok disappointing but in light of trying to move forward and enjoy the rest of the night I assumed Harrahs would make it right. I was wrong, our room was moved to the "harbor tower" the room was not only filthy ( dirty red stained shower curtain etc) but when my girlfriend called down to express our concern- she was simply told they would allow a 50$ credit and send up a new curtain. Now its not about the money- its the fact that not even a single apology was made. Client service? No? Guess not. I placed the dirty curtain in the hall way, and a housekeeper made it a point to come over and tell me " oh that's nasty, but that's not my problem" and went about her business.

Needless to say this was a disappointing trip and after a 3 hour drive for a special evening Harrahs really dropped the ball on this one. My recommendation would be to stay somewhere else if your looking to have a memorable trip (good memories at least)

3 Thank Scott R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,206)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

went to ac for the first time and stayed with a friend at Harrah's and had a great time the room was very clean and the beds where great and there pool is beautiful looks like straight out of the movies and by the pool they have like five different hot tubs over all its a great place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eli D
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited Harrah's this weekend for a relaxing getaway with my boyfriend. This property is not located near the boardwalk so, it can be inconvenient for those guests who do not drive. I had high hopes for this property but, the first night was a disaster. We stayed on the 8th floor of Bayview Towers. As I was inspecting the room, I noticed some unsightly mold in the bathroom above the shower. We decided to let this pass and try to enjoy the room as it was spacious and had a pleasant view of the bay. I should have trusted my instincts and requested a room change. At 3am, I had to call hotel security as a result of our inebriated next door neighbors. They actually pounded on the adjoining room door for ten minutes and were screaming at us to open the door for them. Security arrived and our neighbors were advised to behave themselves or they would be evicted from the hotel. The noise lasted for another thirty minutes after security left. I cannot imagine this kind of behavior taking place at The Borgata (where we usually stay). The hotel staff was great and room service divine but I just could not get over what took place the first night. I will most likely not be staying here again.

4 Thank DianaMEsq
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at Harrah's in Atlantic City over the August long weekend. I found Harrah's to be a great hotel for service and customer service of all the staff that we had encountered. Being in the field of customer service I ecpect nothing but the best when I am travelling. I found Harrah's a bit away from the beach but we did have a bus shuttle that would take you to the casino's along the boardwalk. If you can not wait for the bus/shuttle which comes about every 45 minutes you can hop on the Jitney which cots you about 2 dollars a ride. I was surprised they did not have free wi fi but I only really needed for one day anyway. If you want to stay closer to the beach I would suggest staying on the boardwalk otherwise Harrah's was great.

3 Thank Tiffany108
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was in for a 3 day conference. I didn't even pay for the room and will never stay there again.
I never received an email for my reservation, even after calling back to confirm it was there and asking.

Check in - The line was out the front door. I went to VIP during listed open hours, doors are locked, so I knocked, the rude lady who answered the door said to come back later, they were closed, and slammed the door.
Valet - never less than 20 minute wait for my car. After the 35 minute wait on try 3, I just self parked.
Dealers/pit - Sullen, confrontational and on their own, changed my address back to my old address from last year. Why??
Upon check out, couldn't reach host and again the lines were insane. Took over 45 minutes for the bellman just to bring a cart. Never did hear from customer service after leaving messages.

Never again, it was aggravating, stressful, and a total waste of time in numerous areas.
If you're on comps, go to Showboat or Caesars. If you're paying there are many other options with better service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Djlaw1
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We just needed a room for the night. Harrahs was the only one available and the rate was good. Check in was over an hour, but yes the desk agent was super nice and offered us adjoining rooms, only 1 was ready so she gave us a pass to use the diamond club line. Got our 2nd room traipse all the way back to the harbor towers with 3 little ones in tow and the keys don't work. Hubby goes down to fix. First off the harbor tower smells like humid, feels humid and the air conditioner barely spits out. My parents room was warm and even after they cranked it up and left for the day it was still just as warm. There was a hole in the wall the size of a fist, so all the drunken juice heads and chicken heads must stay in these rooms. Hubby used the vending machine for a soda, it literally hot to the touch, no not warm I WAS HOT. Our room had some funky brown "goo" on the ceiling, many holes in the wall and cigarette burns on the tub. Oh the tub, well previous classy guests left snot on the wall. Tub drain stopper kept falling during my shower so the tub filled up. After I got out I pulled up the stopper and walked away. 10 minutes later the water was still there, drain is clogged. Service is good buffet is waaaay overpriced. I guess if I was a drunken mess this would have been great. Borgata borgata borgata.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Stacey L
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family and I stayed for one night at Harrahs in Atlantic City. When we walked into the hotel the smell of smoke hit our noses. We waited in the 20 minute line for check in which was expected because it was a Saturday afternoon. The man told us we would be staying at the Marina Tower on floor 4. When we went up the elevator and got into the hallway it smelled like an old nursing home. When we got to the room we were disgusted. The carpets were old and there were stains everywhere. The sheets had holes in them and the couch was filthy. We were afraid to even take our shoes off! We decided we would eat and hen request a room change.

We decided on the waterfront buffet and although we waited a half hour on line it was well worth it. They had everything from a make your own pasta station to delicious deserts. The buffet is the only reason I gave this place two stars.
When we went upstairs we grabbed our luggage and went down to the front desk. The man was very nice and understanding and said he would switch us over to the Harbor tower. When we walked into our room in the Harbor tower we were still not pleased. It was still extremley filthy but the bathroom was a little bigger, and since we were tired we decided to make the best of it. At 11:00 o' clock at night we started to hear very loud screaming and music coming from next door. We called security and they said they would take care of it. At 11:45 the music was still blasting and we called security again. At around 12:45 the music was still blasting and we called again, and by 3:00 in the morning we had called 6 times and nothing had been done. I felt like I was at a college party with friends not at a resort. Overall I had a very bad experience at Harrahs and will not be returning.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the waterfront tower where all the rooms are renovated