“Stayed in the new tower”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Stayed in the new tower”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I had an amazing room in the new tower. The room was amazing, spacious, brand new with all the cool stuff. I really enjoyed it...It was also very clean. Shower and Bathroom were also very very spacious and cool.

Casino is pretty bad and smells like smoke.

Room Tip: Stay in the New Tower!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeonNY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,546)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This rooms at this hotel are very nice, as is the hotel itself. I wish it were on the strip but it is near shopping and Harrah's does offer everything so you really aren't missing much! We also saw a show when we were here. Harrah's definitely books some worthwhile entertainment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JMMom819
Forked River, New Jersey
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I recently stayed at Harrah's with friends and family. We booked 3 rooms altogether. The rooms that we booked were the older, less expensive rooms. But this is no excuse for what we encountered. The odor in the rooms was unbearable. The odor in the hallway was worst. The rooms were quite dirty, too. There was hairs in the sink, stains on the floor (one of the rooms had what appeared to be blood stains). One of the members of our group had to "run" back to our car to get his inhaler because the odor in the room was so bad. That being said, our experience at The Steakhouse was very good. The service was excellent and the food was pretty decent. The classes at the Viking Cooking School, that is in the hotel, were alot of fun.
We did not complain about our room as we figured we would not be in them too long. But, when we returned home, we emailed management about the horrible rooms. We received the usual we are so sorry for your experience. It's not that we wanted anything but we just wanted to tell them our experience so maybe they will look into the filthy rooms and the next customers won't have to have our experience. In addition to the the above comments, one of the rooms that we booked was a premium view. The view WAS NOT a premium view unless you like to look at the roofs of buildings. We will definitely not be booking rooms here ever again. We stayed here a few years ago and the rooms were decent but NEVER again. We may take a cooking class here but that is all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank bubbles664
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Was just there last night. Had a great time. Can't wait to go back. We were at the pool all day. We just relaxed and had a few drinks. I love the pool, it's beautiful. I want to go back on a weekend when the THE POOL AFTER 7 is open. I heard its a great night club and we love to dance. I want to party under the stars by the pool.

Room Tip: Call early. You can make reservations even for free rooms. The staff will help you all they can, s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, Connecticut
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My review goes in both directions. I've stayed at Harrah's on many occasions and I've always been pleased. I came down this Saturday for an overnite stay with my best friend. Harrah's listen you make enough money on the guest and the casino alone so to charge extra for early check isn't a cool point. Stop trying to make money on everything! Front desk service was excellent. Upon entering my room it immediately reaked of cigar smoke (and it was a non-smoking room). Contacted the front desk, the rep. told me they would have it sprayed...(ugggh , no) I said that wasn't acceptable and I wanted a new room, they gave me a new room without hesitation. So thumbs up! My only true concern is the The Pool. (I stopped in after my massage at the Red Door (thumbs up Red Door I will be back). The Pool admits pple 21 and older. Well it really appears that its for the younger guest, families, your seniors, mature adults we don't fit in. The young people take over the entire place. The music was solely for the young guests entertainment. I notice the awkardness of the mature people and seniors. Eventually you just leave because you can barely get in the pool because they take over! This pool is suppose to be for the enjoyment of all. I know there's a family pool on another floor but pple without kids and the seniors aren't going to partake. So I think MANAGEMENT needs to come up with a different game plan for the POOL. Its about all the guest. Harrah's thumbs up I will be back again but I will try other hotels just to see how they handle their amenities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pree1964
Reviewed June 2, 2013

At first I was taken aback by how far from the main strip Harrah's was but the free Total Rewards Shuttle to the strip every 30 min dashed my fears. I arrived to a swanky newly renovated Hotel. Equiped with everything I like. It did not have that stale smell you usually get hit with when you go into some of the other hotel casinos. The check in line was a marathon wait thou, they need to invest in faster check-in mechanisms. But when I got in my Water Front Tower room I was so pleased with the view the room decor and size was oppulent and inviting. PS do stop at Tazza Cafe and have some delicious Gelato, I got addicted during my stay had one everday, it melts in your mouth with mega rushes of flavor. The buffet was very nice as well a nice diverse spread with tons of seafood! Take a dip in the gorgeous a jungle decor pool housed in a dome in the middle of a hotel with a legendary night party that create wonderful lit up ambiance. Overall a great stay! The staff is very friendly, the Security Manager on Friday Night was a total gentleman in helping me navigate the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Cetinst
Bridgeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at Harrah's while attending the nearby LPGA. check-in went smoothly and our room in the Bayview tower was really updated and nice. It looks like also the waterfront tower is new. I would assume the other hotel towers might be outdated and not provide such a nice staying experience. We frequent AC from time to time and it has been awhile since coming here. The added amenties and attractions certainly make it alot busier and navigating the casino floor is confusing especially the long distance from parking to hotel check in. overall nicely updated im sure we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013