“good!”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The first time I stayed here it was great! Love the pool! I was down for Superbowl Weekend and the room they gave us was dirty and smelly. I went to the desk and they could not change it fast enough. The new room was much better.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FredRci
Write a ReviewReviews (19,260)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you are going to go to AC you must get a Total Rewards card. This covers you for 40 locations. In AC it covers Bally's,Caesars,Showboat,and Harrah's. Then they send you promotions on line that I took advantage of and spent the 6th and 7th of May at Harrah's for about $35.00 a night which included tax and other fees.The room was clean and comfortable. The shower pressure was fantastic. I also found a great contact for getting into the clubs for free or at a great discount with (Ace City Promotions.com). The clubs are going to be great this summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MARK S
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Before my stay, I had read some reviews here that claimed they were greeted by rude staff who had given them a hard time, so I was a little apprehensive that I might encounter a little bit of difficulty since my drivers license doesn't match my debit card (I never changed it after a divorce). HOWEVER, every staff member that I encountered ... EVERY SINGLE ONE ... from the front desk to housekeeping was friendly and courteous from the time I stepped onto the property until the time I left, with the exception of those doing their jobs and going about their business to try to get their jobs done and focusing on their work, which is understandable. They honestly do a good job!

I stayed in the Bayview Tower. It was fantastic! The room was spacious, the bathroom was as big as my bedroom, the deep tub was wonderful, and the beds were incredibly comfortable. We also had a great view of the bay! The pool is absolutely gorgeous! My only complaint about the pool is that it closes at 5 or 6 pm, but I also understand that at 9 pm, they convert it to a nightclub. I have to add that at 9 am, guests are invited to participate in a free water aerobics class, which I took advantage of. It was a nice touch.

I might also add that I didn't notice the walls being paper thin as in some hotels. NOTHING disturbed our sleep! Absolutely nothing! Also, you might note that I reserved our room through Priceline and it was off-season ... at about $50 a night, it was a real bargain! I doubt I'll ever stay in such a nice hotel ever again. Very affordable for what you're getting.

I had read in a previous review that there was trash lying around. Yes there is ... and this is because of the guests, not the staff. Each time I got into the elevator, some moron had thrown something on the floor when, in fact, there are trash cans everywhere. This is not the fault of housekeeping ... some people have just never learned how to be respectful of other people and I guess they don't realize that the housekeepers have an allotted amount of time to clean certain areas. They can't continuously clean out the elevators when they have other areas to clean and this type of behavior is downright disrespectful of the staff as well as other guests.

My only real complaint is the chintzy coffee maker in the room. It's a disposable tray with enough coffee to "brew" a weak cup of coffee. I would have been better off to have put the bag in my cup and let it steep ... but I wasn't awake enough to figure that out because I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet. I had to make my way down to the coffee shop for a $3 cup. The $3 cup of coffee was good, but it would have been even better if I had been awake enough to do my hair and put my face on. Note to management: No woman likes to be seen in public after she first rolls out of bed and hasn't had a cup of coffee.

I realize I was in one of the newer towers and not all rooms might be as nice as the one we stayed in, but if I were to ever return to Atlantic City, Harrah's would DEFINITELY be the place I would stay! I have no complaints ... except for the coffee maker.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank JellyBean41
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent a Wednesday and Thursday night at Harrah's AC and stayed in the Harbour Tower. Check in was quick and the room was clean which is very important since last time I stayed at Harrah's I had a Waterfront corner suite which was dirty on arrival. The room itself was nice, although the TV was dated and there was no safe. The HVAC system was a little noisy on the first night, but not the second. Wednesday night is the Pool Party and the hallways were noisy until the wee hours of the morning. Didn't hear a peep Thursday night. We love this Harrah's property. We ate again at the Mexican restaurant as well as the Seafood restaurant. Both excellent and worth the money. Breakfast at Sammy D's however was average and overpriced. The pool during the day is very relaxing. Prior visits we did the Red Door spa and the Viking cooking class and recommend both of those as well. The Borgata is a nice 20 minute walk along the path near the water. I am strictly a BJ player and the dealers were fun and this trip was profitable as well. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kodaker
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at Harrahs, Atlantic City. Had a great time. Stayed in the harbor tower. The bed was great, as was the bath room but the furniture and rug need an upgrade. Most of the ice machines didn't work, causing me to hunt for ice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The ATMs were very expensive, how do they expect to make money if it cost too much to get your money. All though it was a nice stay and I would go back

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank NYCpuresoul
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Harrahs is an "old-school" type hotel - but there is something attractive about it. I like the atrium rooms - they are more like little apartments. They have plenty of space to spread out with their little living rooms.

Room Tip: I like the Atrium rooms - larger and more comfy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lisanewyork42
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Harrah's is my favorite of the 4 CET properties in Atlantic City. The staff is always friendly and accommodating even if there is an issue that needs to be addressed. The vast variety of restaurants will give you great sandwiches to gourmet dinners. The pool is a great area to relax during the day and party at nite if u are so inclined. In the casino u are able to order your drinks via a program in the machines instead of having to flag down a server.

Room Tip: Always try for a Bayview Premium or Waterfront Premium room when booking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple