“Great 1 or 2 night getaway”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Great 1 or 2 night getaway”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

i had a convention in atlantic city. i took a friend of mine and we stayed in this property for a night. i know a little bit about the hotel situation in ac and i always felt that one can getthe best bang for one's buck in harrahs.
there are a number towers in this property. i know that the nicest and yes of course the most expensive is the waterfront tower. when i say i expensive i mean that i paid a total of $61.00 including taxes from a third party site such as kayak etc... let me tell you that for 61 dollars this room is more than worth it. from the size of the room, it would go for at least $450 in a standard hotel in manhattan. the actual room was very large, very clean, and created a nice atmosphere for my mini vacation. the bathroom was tremendous, and yes very clean.
i was a little disappointed however. i was a member of the caeser/harrahs "total rewards" program. i remember being offered free rooms right and left due to my "play" at the tables. i went abroad for a little bit and apparently my points expired. i was hoping that somebody at the front desk would see my total rewards number and be able to bump me up to a suite (it was a slow tuesday night) or maybe a food or spa comp etc... i was basically told that because my points expired i was going to be treated like a brand new member and have to start from the bottom again. there have been times that i have stayed in the hotels for more than a week at a time, and played thousands of dollars at the tables. to be told that all that doesn't count anymore was pretty upsetting. i hope that situation will be resolved.
besides for that i had a fantastic time staff was nice, casino was fun, room was great. i recommend this hotel above the rest of them especially the borgata.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ari K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,693)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Akron ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently stayed at harrahs Atlantic city (march 25-26). The hotel and casino definitely had their pros and cons. Let's save the best for last!

Cons- harbor hotel was musty smelling and bathroom lighting was very dim
Parking was five dollars every time you left parking lot(unless you are total rewards card holder)
The parking lot is very far from guest check in. After parking,we took our lougage down a very narrow escalator and a set of stairs through the casino to guest check in.It was a very long, inconvenient trip to get from parking to room in a nut shell.
The pool was beautiful, although there was absolutely not one place to sit the multiple times we tried. The pool closes very early (6pm)
Check in line was very long.
Total rewards program is advertised so much as being a great way to earn points while gambling( valid at showboat,ballys,harrahs, and caesars) although my group spent hundreds of dollars with our cards and when we checked to see if we had points we came up empty handed. Customer service for total rewards was awful and we ended up giving our cards back.
I booked hotel for 59 a night for two nights. Paid. Checked out with a very clean room and zero damages. Harrahs adds 100$ to bill (without informing you) for collateral in case of damages, days later I have yet to have been reimbursed.

Pros-
Bills burger bar delicious
Nice selection of gaming tables
Rapid electronic roulette as well as roulette tables
Beautiful pool
Very cheap prices
Very close to highway
Delicious gellato eatery

All in all I would go to harrahs to gamble but would not stay at this hotel again. :)

Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I booked two nights at Harrah's (3/25 and 3/26) for a mini-getaway. I won't mention the exact rate, but let's just say the price was a major factor. While the resort has a fantastic indoor pool area (glass dome with palm trees, 6 hot tubs, cabanas, bars) and a nice overall atmosphere, the service was very poor overall. We were treated rudely and/or had our concerns brushed aside by at least 3 employees. They were extremely understaffed at the front desk and pool/bar area, with only one bartender working at one point (there were a good hundred people at the pool and 15 at the bar). When I asked what could be done about it, one employee made excuses and said "unfortunately, nothing." When I returned with two beverages, I was told I couldn't bring "outside" beverages into the pool (from the bar within sight, no less). I had a dispute with a second and third employee over this, finally agreeing to take our drinks and leave the pool. It was only after a few minutes of being visibly annoyed that they offered us some free reserved lounge chairs for the next day.

Other incidents included a 15-20 minute line to check-in, and a casino waitress who was rude (we ordered drinks from the slots while playing..she delivered the drink and said "you have to keep playing or you can't order drinks."). However, the biggest concern was the condition of the "Waterfront Premium Room." It was in the Waterfront Tower, but was neither waterfront, nor premium. We had a nice view of the glass dome pool, and the surrounding swamp and parking lot. The room itself was worn and not particularly clean. There were handprints and fingerprints on the doors in the bathroom, and what appeared to be the remnants of vomit on the carpet and on the throw blanket on the bed. The bed itself was clean and very comfortable. The carpet was tired, as was the furniture (wood was worn). The shower was great, however.

We didn't complain about the room given that we paid a weekday offseason rate. Had I paid a weekend rate/full price, I would have been demanding a full refund. I doubt we'll be back. The pool doesn't make-up for the poor service and condition of the so-called "premium" room.

Room Tip: Don't believe that "waterfront" means a view of the bay.
3 Thank Scott W
NYC
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Took my boyfriend here as a surprise for his birthday. Had no complaints. Service in the casino was great, food was great and the room was clean and comfy. Poll was huge, But we felt it was too cold thought it would have been warmer.

2 Thank lizzy119
East Windsor
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Harrah's has a beautiful glass dome pool, which is always 80 degrees. We visit the hot tubs in the morning to relax and enjoy the pool for awhile. Feels like you are on an island. Lots of good slots and eating places. It is located on the bay, not the beach, but the pool makes up for it.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The only problem is the internet, you have to pay for it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the pool area so you don't have to walk thru the casino to get there...
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel has gone down since my last visit. Checked in on 3/24/13 waterfront area@ 5:09 pm. Immediately went down to purchase a pizza for the children and returned to our room. Upon our return our room was filled the odor of marijuana. Informed the front desk and was told that sometimes people smoke and the smell goes through the vents. Front desk suggested that they bring some type of machine to get the smoke out; but the room needed to be vacated for 1 hour while this was being done. I let the front desk know that this was not acceptable; in addition to having a child with asthma. Another room was placed on hold; and we proceeded to move to the new room at 10:30 pm. As I took a shower; I noticed that the water was not going down the drain.
Was very tired; and just went to bed. By the morning my son noticed that there was water dripping from the top of the window. Called the from desk and was sent a plumber; and yet again switched to another room. After settling down for the 3rd time; we got ready to go to the family center. The family pool was closed even thought said that it would reopen in the spring. The front desk stated that it would cost around $10. each if we had to use a pool at another hotel. Had to find activities for the children like the Atlantic City Aquarium. Harras could have done a little better and allowed families to use the main pool. Should have went to Orlando.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stlucian_12
Whitesboro, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just had a get away night at this large casino hotel. With the buffet line too long, we ate at Sammy D's & had the special daily dinner for a great price, although there were many other restaurants.. The gaming was exceptional for the gambler but we just planned on spending for entertainment. An indoor pool looked inviting but we passed. After a long day, our room was quiet and the bed was excellent. A fun time for one night, especially with the price from hotwire.

Room Tip: The marina tower was close to the slot machines and tables.