“This is how a resort should be managed”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This is how a resort should be managed”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We recently spent a night at Harrah's in AC. The staff from the hotel receptionist to security to servers to maintenance personnel were all EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!
We had a special occasion and the resort upgraded our unit to a spacious suite for no extra costs - when we booked the trip we told them it was our Anniversary and they upgraded automatically.
The Security people were helpful in directing us to restaurants, concert halls, etc - always with a smile and great attitude.
Servers were on top of their game at the restuarants.
Maintenance personnel always said hello and just seemed like nice people.
We never stayed in AC before. After this experience we are sure to go back to Harrah's - keep up the great work - it is noticed.

1 Thank Zedo-Jack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,568)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 24, 2013

For out room at harrahs waterfront and walked into the most disgusting room. We had asked for non smoking but the room still smelled horrible like cigars. There was cigarette buds on the bathroom floor. The toilet was deff. not cleaned and when I went to use it it overflowed because of what ever crap the people before us flushed down there. There was someone's food in the fridge and there was marijuana bits on the chair. We called and complained and they brought someone to take a look. A cleaning lady came didnt really do anything besides clean the bathroom and left everything else the way it was. Later that night when I went to get into bed I noticed there was dried blood on the sheets n they had never been changed to begin with!!! Went downstairs to complain again and all they could offer me was my money back no room or any change of sheets and I drove back 3 hours home at 5 AM . The worst experience ever I am disgusted and will never come back to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank Vanta-90
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2013

It's a very nice hotel and casino!

The staff is always friendly and helpful!

My favorite feature is that you can order your drink, from the slot machine console, and they quickly bring it to you!

I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer tower, the rooms in the older tower are in need of a refresh.
2 Thank Pete W
southern new jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I love Harrah's resort, AC. My husband and I scheduled an after holiday get-away the very first weekend in January. We had initially booked a room in the Harbor Towers, which is fine, except they don't have the extra large bathroom, soaking tub and walk in shower that Bayview rooms have. I slipped the check-in attendant a little something extra and asked for an upgrade to the Bayview Towers. Everything in the room was just as I had expected, except for the cleanliness. The windows over looking the bay were filthy, the coverlets were dirty, the drapes had greasy fingerprints on them. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy, but it was basically a comped room, so I didn't want to seem ungrateful. That was until the first morning after check in. I was kicking back, enjoying the oversized tub and was suprised by an unwelcome visitor! That's right folks, a nasty little cockroach was sitting right up on the edge of the tub watching me take my bath! Later that evening, I went to put something in the mini fridge and saw more cockroaches crawling up under the fridge. As much as I have enjoyed my stay at Harrah's in the past, I feel quite reluctant to sleep in a roach infested room. With the economy as tight as it is, folks are spending less money on luxury outings, so my advice to Harrah's is to get it together. Your staff has an attitude, upgrades are hard to get, even though I spend tons of cash on slots, restaurants, shops, etc. I can deal with snippy front desk girls, but roaches?? NO. Probably won't be back...

Room Tip: Waterfront towers are the newest rooms and with a little persuasion you may be able to get a free up...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lilgoyl67
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Some friends and I spent the weekend in AC. We booked a room at Harrah's because we had Total Rewards cards and comps. NEVER AGAIN!!! At check-in (Platinum) the associate was writing numbers down on a piece of paper and using a hand held calculater to give us our room total since we were paying cash up front. She did this several times and found out that there were additional taxes and fees charged that werent on the quote when the room was booked online. Ok fine, it is what it is. The associate said she will give us an upgraded suite. Ok upgraded suite was a nice compensation afterspending 20 minutes trying to check in. UPGRADE!! Upgrade from what, the basement??? The hallway on the 14th floor was filthy and disgusting and when we went into our "upgraded suite" the first thing we saw where the hand prints on the hall mirror, the room looked as if it hadnt been vacuumed in months. We picked up the trash that was left between the bed and night stand looked for a trash can and low and behold we didnt have one. Saturday morning we get up get our showers and the shower leaks all over the bathroom floor!! Now all the towels are being used to sop up all the water. We leave, housekeeping comes in, takes only the dirty, wet towels on the bathroom floor and left the dirty washclothes that were in the shower on the floor. When we came back to the room I had to hunt down housekeeping because they didnt bother to restock the coffee and cups when they were there. Good luck finding ice because half of the ice machines didnt work!! At checkout were shocked to find out the we being charged another 10.00 for a 'room assessment fee' !! When I assessed the room I thought I should be the one charging them a fee. After expressing our feelings about the hotel we were offered a 50.00 room credit which turned out to be only 40.00 because they deducted the 10.00 assessment fee from it. Just give me my money and let me out of this hell hole!! All I can say is that I have paid less money for a nicer room at Motel 6. I will NEVER recomend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Suzanne B
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I planned on going to Atlantic City for a long weekend. We saved up our money and splurged for the better hotel room (Waterfront Premium). Booking three months in advance, I thought our room would be great. We checked in early in the day. The receptionist was talking very quickly and it was apparent that she wanted us out of her way so she could hang out with her other friends. After asking for our room keys, we went up to our hotel. We found that it was very big like we had expected. The lampshades around the room were broken. The drawers around the room were banged up. Outside, we could see the parking garage and the hydroelectric plant. Beyond that was a glimmer of the cityline. After unpacking, we noticed trash and debris around the room. Chewed off toenails were scattered about. When using the restroom, we found the previous vacationer's soap bar including body hair. Chunks of body hair were around the two person shower. Irate, we went downstairs and talked to another representative. After expressing our concern, the representative said very snidely "It happens sometimes." I told her that it was unacceptable and that it needed to be taken care of. She said that she had two queen bed room that we could have. That wasn't what we paid for. She then budged and said that it wouldn't be til 5PM when we could get inside our room. I asked her if it had a nice view or if I would have to stare at the parking garage. With attitude she responded "Wherever you go, you will see the parking garage. There's no helping that." Irate, I walked away and checked our bags with the baggage claim. He was very polite. He pointed me towards the receptionist manager and I explained my situation with him. He immediately put us in a king room that was immaculate. The view facing the bay was nice.

Throughout the week, we went out in the morning for our room to be cleaned in order to come back and get ready for the night ahead. The second day, at 4:30, the room wasn't cleaned. No new towels. When we came back that night, our bed had five sheets tucked in the bottom of the bed. No blankets, no cover. The room smelled of spilled bleach. The hallways smelled of vomit. The third day, we came back from lunch and the room was still not cleaned. At 3:30, the housekeeping staff knocked on the door. We told her to leave towels. We left early the next day because we had enough.

While the rest of the resort staff was nice, the interactions that I had with housekeeping and reception were terrible. I will never stay at Harrah's again. Not worth the money or the time spent trying to plan an amazing trip.

4 Thank Garry R
Bay Shore, NY
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife treated me to a few nights at Harrahs for my birthday in May of 2012. I'm not a gambler but we did hit the slots. The atmosphere was great. My only complaint is that drinks were slow to get to the slots but in all fairness the place is big so i understand why it took so long. the pool is absolutely awsome. I was not able to check out the pool at night when it turns into a club but i did ask around and people hav told me that it is fantastic. I really enjoyed their dinner buffet. They had so many choices it was crazy. We didn't spend much time in our rooms however we found the room to be quite adequite. While there we also got the chance to meet some of the executives that run Harrah's they were extremely pleasant and because of our conversation with them we will return for my birthday again this year and this time we will club it up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple