“quick getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
delaware
“quick getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

great deals this time of year for upgraded rooms sun-thurs. A little old smoke smells from years past, but can't complain at the price we paid. Would need at least 2 days in order to relax at the poolside. Red Door Spa employees very courteous!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank muggins302

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,152)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Not close enough to walk to other hotels. Only borgata and the nugget close enough for a 5 min drive. Poker room average at best. The highlight is the sexy blackjack dealers at night! Food was ok nothing special. Borgata is better but more money, and worth it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Foodguy4934
Smithtown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

just returned from a 3-night stay. Disappointed in general condition of rooms, elevators, pool area, lobby, - need a word somewhere between filthy and dingy. Room service food cart in hallway for 2 days, beer can in elevator for entire day, had to ask maid to vacuum room, this AFTER notifying Concierge day before.
Took a trip to Borgata next door, what a difference! Yes, rooms at Harrah's are super cheap $28.56 vs $99.00 at Borgata, but hey, you get what you pay for I suppose.

Room Tip: ask for one that has been vacuumed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank George T
North Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Lovely hotel....horrible service. Prostitute came up to me, forced me to give up money and they said its my fault. Pit boss was a complete moron and treated men like crap and said my fault. This is the place to stay but if I have a problem with bad customer service, it's the guests fault. Pool is awesome. But like I said, customer relations is terrible and should get attitude adjustments and learn how to talk to people and treat guests like they're right.

Room Tip: Use their pool
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Matt M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend booked a basic room for the boat show, last min...got a great deal, $80 for a Friday night! We got non-smoking...our friends got smoking room and said it smelled...but we loved our room...went to dinner at McCormick n schmits, which was great as usual...gambling areas were crowded, but that's expected on a weekend. In the morning, we all relaxed with Mimosas in a private Jacuzzi at pool bar! Great one night getaway!

• Stayed February 2013
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I arrived early around 4pm on Friday to beat the snow fall. We were lucky we did not have the horror stories of others.

There were a few people ahead of me on the hotel check-in line, which took about 5 minutes wait. My check-in went smoothly. The hotel front desk easily added my Total Rewards number to my account.

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrive to our room on the 26th floor of the Waterfront Tower with an upgraded resort room with a spectacular view of the Barnegat Bay and Atlantic ocean for only $99. Check out my pics.

We had a beautiful shower, a comfy king sized bed and a refrigerator for my San Pellegrino. We relaxed for awhile and then went down to Bill’s Bar and burger for some burgers.

Harrah’s is the ONLY resort with a hugh awesome indoor pool with tropical foliage.
The gaming area was also very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tony J
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife had just spent a night at Revel and were spending a night at Harrah's.Parked at the self park,not realizing that a long trip through the casino was ahead.Very friendly check in at front desk. The room in the Bayview tower was large,dirty but large.Food on the floor and stuck to the telephone.Bath room had a large tub,not jetted,which was a waste of space.Water closet door stuck,shower trim loose.When I adjusted the thermostat the heater door fell open in my hands.After I fixed that I noticed that half the light switches were installed upside down.That didn"t bother me.The big Problem was our first trip to the casino.Entered the elevator normally.The buttons were not labeled for the casino.All of the sudden the elevator went up.And up .All the way to the 22 floor and stopped.After about a minute at the 22 floor and pressing buttons for lower floor the lights went off!!!! WTF.Panic mode started to set in.Using acell phone see call button.no response.All of the sudden the elevator went down.After getting off at the ground floor went to security.After we informed them of what just happened a security came and took down my id information then was told that the elevators will go into shut down mode.WTF!! That wasn"t in the information folder.Tey thanked me for telling them what happened.WTF!!!!!!.Are You kidding?This is how you treat a upset guest?After a hour or so to relax,we decided to move past this and enjoy the rest of our stay.We went to Sammy D"s for dinner which was very good.Our server Ben was excellent,very informative.great service. WE even went there for breakfast on his reccommendation.With all the other hotels in the Atlantic city area I would not be returning to Harrah"s any time to soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple