WINNER WONDERLAND

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reading, PA
“Second stay... not really thrilled.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed in a Bayview room from Tuesday(1/1)-Friday(1/5) and no complaints there. The first time we stayed here, we stayed in a Waterfront room and while the room was decorated much nicer - the view in the Bayview was beautiful. We ate at Sammy D's almost every day. Breakfast is awesome and dinner is even better! The wait staff is really personable and friendly. Our waiter from the first night recognized us everyday and made it a point to ask how our stay was going and if there was anything he could do. We tried Bills Bar & Burger for dinner once and wasn't really impressed. The wait staff was the complete opposite from Sammy's. Our waiter rarely paid attention to us and the food was just ok.

The biggest complain/issue was had was the pool. After we had checked in and begun to walk away from the desk, we were told the pool was closed until Friday morning. The one and only reason we had come to Harrah's was to relax at the pool. We had said that there was no information about the pool being closed on their website and we had received no email about it being closed. Had we known this BEFORE we checked in, we wouldn't have stayed and made reservations elsewhere. The woman who checked us in was of no help and did nothing for us (not that we were looking for something - but we had stated multiple times that the pool was the only reason we had stayed there). We asked for some one to talk to about this and was told to look on some paper in front of the pool for some one to contact and that it was run by an outside company. The paper had no name, no number, and Harrah's name was all over it. Later we found out that we were told a lie and the pool wouldn't be open until Saturday morning and therefore we couldn't use it before we checked out.

While our stay was ok, we plan on using whatever comps we receive from playing on a future trip and then finding another casino to stay at.

Room Tip: The view in the bayview rooms are really nice but the quality of the waterfront rooms are much bette...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jennafxr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,371)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Space Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed just one night but were able to get a full grasp of what Harrahs has to offer. The checkin process was great no problems and we had a beautiful suite with all the amenities. Very nice although the jacuzzi tub had some leftover hairs yuck :( the casino floor was clean not.too smoky although as a first time player I was extremely disappointed at how not one person out of four including a supervisor had a full grasp of the promotion they were running and.I felt very taken advantage of. Just because they use the word "dollar" doesn't mean it is real dollars. Before I got a "member card" I was quite lucky and won some decent money when I went to cash in my one large chip that the casino made me take bc they apparently don't like you taking several lower denomination chips I was questioned and denied my money. They forced me to get a players card and held onto my ID and accused me of cashing my chip for someone else. It truly took away from thrill of excitement. A supervisor lied to me about not being able to offer a credit due to staff confusion and then when I told her I was very dissatisfied and that I would not be.back as I live very far away she then miraculously was able to offer me a credit after she literally yelled past me to about 10 different people that she was closing and I was the last customer being helped. Extremely unprofessional. This was a spontaneous trip and I had my young child w me. I was told of a family fun center. The tower was revolting!! A huge bug or reptile or something ran as soon as we exited the elevator all the doors were beat up the carpet was awful. Far different from our tower and to be honest I didn't even feel safe! The gift shops were beautiful and the staff in the shops were amazing along w the food staff. If it weren't for our gorgeous room I would not recommend visiting this casino. Such a shame too bc this.could have been a great first time experience for me.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank E T
Townsend, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are long-time Harrahs (now Caesars) entertainment customers.
Harrahs Resort is our favorite. Great rooms in the waterfront tower,
good buffet (though I do miss the Fantasea Reef) great pool and
hot tubs (but they need to open earlier - foxwoods hot tubs are open at
6:30 am not 8 am).
Try the prime rib at SammyD's and the Cotton Candy Cake. Excellent!
The burgers at Billys were not good.

Room Tip: Waterfront tower is newer and closer to pool and breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dotneko
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed with a few other couples over New Year's. While we had a great time at the casino, the rooms were very unimpressive. We stayed in the Bay Side tower, and the rooms and hallway were dingy and hadn't seen any updating or improvements in years. A couple pros:

*The rooms are spacious
*Our room seemed and smelled clean

A few cons:
*Everything just looks worn down and overly used.
*There are stains ALL over the hallway carpets
*Walls aren't that thick. YOu expect a certain amount of noise when staying in a place such as AC, but I would hope hotels would try to offset this.

We had a wonderful time at the casino-that is a separate review, however, this room was not worth the money. On a related note, one of the couples booked the rooms for all of us. When we checked in, we all gave our own credit cards for payment and room incidentals. After checking our statements, however, the one couple was charged for all the rooms, and our individual cards were only charged the $100 preauthorization fee. Seems shady.

Would I stay here again? Possibly. I would be willing to give it another chance. However, for what you pay, this is NOT a place I would recommend.

Also, for those of you who are unfamiliar, AC taxes add another $40-50 to the base price of your room.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank katie126
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Let me preface this by saying Harrahs us our home casino. I've been coming here with my in-laws since before Waterfront Tower and before I was 21. I have, and still do, gamble other places but we have been loyal to them for 9 years. I'm 29 and my husband is 30. We are usually lucky and in our one night stays we usually get 1-3 thousand tier points combined on penny machines. When they first built the Waterfront and until around 2010, the rooms were great. Two chair by a table, another by the desk, an iPod dock alarm clock, great beds, paintings, and benches at the end of the beds. Either they have a renovation coming up (I wish) or they just don't care anymore. The last two years the rooms have been getting trashed with items disappearing and not being replaced. I know it has to do with the young drunk clubgoers trashing the place. However, why can't they just try place all those people in the bad rooms they messed up last visit and leave some nice rooms for regulars? The front desk should be able to recognize them by now. I honestly thought a trip we took last year was the lowest they could get, with a messy bed and missing drawers. However, the room we are in now absolutely tops it. No painting on the wall, one bed missing a skirt (and nasty stains on it), clogged sink, missing armchair by table, missing benches at end of beds, missing desk chair, and what looks like black paint (may be hair dye) all over the floor, walls, and sink. Slots have also been tighter. The Diamond Club change is annoying even though we get passes. We liked to stop in sporadically through the night and chat to the bartender. No longer. The positives are the Pool, restaurants, and casino.

• Stayed December 2012
7 Thank nickib983
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our stay was for 1 night, the hotel room was great, updated, modern, etc. The restaurants at Harrahs are also great, highly recommend Dos Caminos. My only complaint is the pool area. At night or during the day, all the seating is reserved which is first a pain...my second complaint is the dirtiness. The hot tub was green and has sand in the bottom...this is December...why is there sand?!?...plus the temperature was on the cooler side and above you you have dangled shells with a clear 1 inch of dust on them...please clean and I will be more likely to come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank amplexusomnium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Worst customer service rude staff dirty rooms and dated hotel and casino. Please don't waste your money here! Registration staff especially Mindy is very rude didn't think it was necessary to even smile didn't even reply to when I said hello politely and the manager was equally incompetent. Don't ruin your trip by staying here if I could I would give them 0 stars they don't even deserve one star. Btw we did stay in their waterfront tower and it's soooo not worth the money. Rooms smelled like vomit and smoke.

• Stayed December 2012