“great casino dated room gross bathroom.”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“great casino dated room gross bathroom.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night and it was a stark reminder of why I go to Las Vegas and not AC. the casino floor is nice but as is the case with most AC properties the rooms are dated. This room was in the marina tower. The bathroom was disgraceful. Hair on the bathroom floor ( I shave my head so definitely wasn't mine!) but the worst part was the shower. The water didn't drain and a 5 minute shower resulted in water above your ankle! GROSS. A call to the front desk yielded no results. This room was comped with my total rewards card and even free was too much for this gross stay. YUCK.

Room Tip: tazza cafe was good quick eats
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BostonTravel923

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,012)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charlottesville VA
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just back from a getaway weekend at Harrah's Resort in AC. Checked in around 11 pm Friday night. Scored Waterfront Room on the 32nd floor. Host suggested that floor rather than the 8th floor (too close to the bass of the pool party at 4am!). Room was lovely. Bed and pillows were awesome! Felt like I was being hugged all night long. Pool area was too chilly to enjoy this trip, but it is December! Great tomato soup at Bills. Finally got lucky (on slots) too! Won $2,040 on a $3 max bet on my last machine on my last night. Doesn't get better than that! Thank you Harrah's!!

PS The casino, elevators, hallways, bathrooms were all spotless!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mhooker
New Jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Fabulous location, beautiful room overlooking AC. Spent an afternoon lounging at the enclosed glass domed pool. Took jitney to th outlets to shop. Gambled at night in the many smoke free areas. Very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed November 2012
Valley Stream, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

When you go to a casino resort, I think it is even more important to read reviews with a critical eye. If you are not lucky enough to get the high end accommodation at the casino, you sometimes get one a level below. When you read those reviews, they can sometimes sound like the level below is in the basement. People get the impression that casino resort should be the best and only the best.
Last weekend, I was comped at the Harbor Tower. I have been comped before at the Waterfront, but for whatever reason that was not available.
I could not have been more pleased. Everything in the room was fine. Clean and pleasant would be words to describe the room.
Don't believe everything you read if it is not the top accommodation. Well done, Harrahs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank John K
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

From the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Service, food, everything was excellent. We had fun. I lost money, but there is nothing that we didn't like. I would recommend this to anyone.

Only fault, there were a few small children there. I didn't find that appropriate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went with My Husband for 1 nite .in Waterview Tower..room was Very Nice Clean ..Big & we were on the 19th floor so we heard no noise from the indoor pool party on Wed. nite.....Our only complaint is the fees they add on for everything...we arrived about 11/2 before the Check in time and were told ther would be an $11.00 charge for early Ck. in......I thought it was a Joke ..but it was not.....we did not pay..checked out bags with Bell Desk.(free)..& checked in at 4PM...also $5.00 Valet Chg....& $5.00 Self Park... give me a break!!!....the Taxes & other fees in Atlantic City are Rediculous....we WILL NOT BE GOING bACK FOR A LONG WHILE

Room Tip: If a Wednesday Nite ..in Waterview Tower ...go with High floor!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara C
New York
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We checked in late night and found ourselves in a dirty room. Towels and both beds were used and not made up. I called the front desk to ask for a room change and Jennifer picked up and wheb I told her what had happened she sounded as if the room being dirty was my fault. I was here with my husband to celebrate his birthday and Jennifer really knows how to start our stay on a sour note. Jennifer didnt even offered an apology or any type of emphath towards oyr situation. Didnt offer a service recovery as well which we didnt ask for but would have appreciated the gesture. My husband told me not to complain since he is a manager in a big hotel in NYC. He goes above and beyond for his guest and have always asked his staff to do so and I can see his disappointment for not getting the same treatment when he now he is on the other side of the desk.

This rant will go unnoticed im almost sure of it. A sincere apology is all we needed and will definitely not come here again to experience this kind of low level service from Harrahs most especially Jennifer.

• Stayed November 2012