“Great Weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
ohio
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just came back last weekend. The staff was wonderful. The casino was very big. Everyone who worked there was first class. We stayed in the Waterfront Tower. The room was very clean and spacious. We ate at the Steakhouse and the food A plus, one of the best Filets I have ever had. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OhioWeliketotravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,204)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vernon, New Jersey
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just returned from Harrah's on Friday. We want to thank Rosie at the check in desk for giving us a great room and making our stay the best. My Wife is a Diamond Card Holder and I am a Platinum Card Holder. We started making Harrah's our hotel of choice after spending many trips to Bally's in the past. Thanks again Rosie. Can't wait until January for our next visit.
We will look for you at checkin.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Yes, I will admit it is in a great location...right on the boardwalk...good and bad...you get alot of sketch people who seem to come out of the woodwork after 11pm..We did not feel that safe when we were going back to our room..The casino needs new paint, new carpet etc...The rooms were ok but very worn looking! Food was good! But we arrived at opening of buffet and the food was cold. If you smoke you have a limited area to do so...actually all the hotels have limited smoking. Caesars has a room to smoke in that is on the side of the casino...the ONLY place to smoke. Nice Casino but we were there for an hour and half and never had service. We asked a manager...they called...and half hr later we still had no service. This all happening at 10:30 am when you need coffee!!! So, forget the service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
rochester,ny
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Took a little "gambling junket" for some R & R with my BFF and we loved the hotel. This is the first time I have stayed at a hotel/casino that was not on the boardwalk, but that was the only drawback. After waiting "forever" for the buses to take us to the other casinos we decided to take cabs. The cabs were not that expensive and a lot more convenient, so I highly recommend that mode of transportation. The room was clean and the eating establishments and stores were adequate...will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank brungardtx
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 15, 2012

older tower but OK. room clean with no upgrades (older tv, older sofa, carpet) no damage from SANDY that I saw. If I could have it should read 3.5 on a 5 scale.stayed sun into monday. Went over to the Borgada later Monday and I thought somebody turned on the lights. Bright, clean, and alot of people.
Really depends on what you like. Harrahs was fine but low key and nothing special.

Room Tip: ask for the remodeled rooms!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hoods4u
Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just spent the weekend here. After reading some previous posts, I was on the lookout for deterioration from previous visits. My room was in the Marina Tower and was big, comfortable, and clean for the most part. (There were some areas that needed a good dusting.) I did not notice much damage from the recent Hurricane Sandy.

The employees were very friendly and helpful and seemed to be happy to be back to work. I have never experienced such prompt and frequent drink service.

The burger at Bill's Burger was the best. I enjoyed it so much I went back the next day. (I also tried one at Johnny Rocket's at the Showboat which was a big dissapointment.) Travel companions told me the buffet was also very good.

The wait for the shuttle to the boardwalk was over a half hour but I was told the full complement of busses was not running that day. Jitney service was every 5-10 minutes at the time.

The gaming was fun with lots of new machines and I even found a 9/6 JOB slot. While I didn't come away a winner I had a great time. I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ANNIEPG
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Do not book a room at this hotel. It may look very modern and nice but my husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and got terrible bed bugs bites. I had about 30 bites alone. No one seems to want to take responsibility for them and the manager and customer service are very rude!!! I filed a claim and 3 weeks later it was denied. I certainly did not imagine these bed bug bites and neither did my husband. It is no coincidence that we checked in just fine and left with more than a dozen obvious bed bug bites. It completely ruined our weekend. I will never stay here again and as a warning if you ever have an issue with this hotel they will be rude to you and do everything in their power to ignore you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple