“VERY DIRTY”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“VERY DIRTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The first sign of absolute filth was the parking garage. It looks like a city municipal parking garage.The next area is the elevators to the room. They could use a major wash down and good vaccuming. On the way to the room was a dirty rubber glove on the floor Now to the room. There was liquid spilled on the floor, the carpets were never vacuumed, the end tables had crumbs on them, and instead of removing the broken television, they just placed the working one in front of it. The room smelled of stale cigarettes and booze. It was disgusting. I called the front desk to have housekeeping clean the room but no one showed up. I waited 45 minutes and called the front desk again. They told me to come down to get a room change. Finally two hours after I checked in I finally had a room. This is my first time in Harrah's and obviously my last. I know times are bad, but this was horrendous. I didn't see a cleaner anywhere in the hotel. I have no problem spending the money on a nice hotel and I normally stay at the MGM in Foxwoods which is great. This trip I spent the bulk of my vacation in the REVEL. I wish I booked my room their. The prices were cheaper and the restaurants were excellent. It's also right on the boardwalk. I wish I read the reviews. Shame on me.

Room Tip: Stay some place else.
5 Thank Christina T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,031)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at Harrah's in Atlantic City. Harrah's is known for its pool party at night and for its party scene. When we checked into the hotel around 4pm, the line at the front desk was very slow as it took us 45 minutes to check in. However, when we were dealing with the front desk personnel, they were very nice and helpful.

Harrah's has many different kinds of rooms to choose from so when booking, look through all the different types of available rooms. We ended up with a King room that was approximately 500 square feet (compared to the other standard rooms that were about 394 square feet or so) The room and sheets were clean and as someone who has stayed at other A/C resorts, the room was clean in comparison. The bathroom was extremely clean with plenty of towels and was very nice with the jacuzzi, stand up shower, and separate door toilet.

Also, we shared the room with a few friends and with the couch and the cot, the room slept plenty of people comfortably. (6). The room also had a fridge which was a nice touch.

If you are looking for a casino/hotel resort that is quiet and relaxing, this is not the place as from the moment we checked in at 4pm to all hours of the night, we heard noise from drunk guests running up and down the hallways.

Room Tip: Research Rooms on website before you book. Some rooms are same price and are a larger square footag...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my first time staying at Harrahs, we usually stay at one of the hotels on the boardwalk. I have to say that for an older hotel it was well kept up. We actually thought it was a newer casino until we asked someone and were told that it was built in 1980. While it is away from all of the other casinos, it is in close proximity to the Borgata and the Golden Nugget. There's actually a very nice walk way along the water to bring you to the Golden Nugget. We stayed on a Sunday night and booked our room as part of the "Sammy D Experience", which was really inexpensive and included dinner at Sammy D's restaurant. I was a little disappointed because their signature appetizer was the lollipop buffalo wings and they were sold out, so I wasn't able to try them. We ordered a BLT, and good thing we had plans to split it, because it was the biggest sandwich Ive ever seen in my life!! We then ordered a piece of chocolate peanut butter cake to bring back to our room for later and again could not believe the size of the piece! Two of ate the cake twice and there was still a regular size piece left! All in all the food was good, but some things need to be shared!
We were in the water view tower and the room was clean and modern and it was also very big. The bed was comfortable and the shower was clean and had good water pressure.
I am not a big gambler, usually stick with the penny slots. This casino had every one of my favorite games:
Ghostbusters, Yahtzee, Clue, Alice in wonderland. There were also a few new games that i had never tried before. On my way to cash out, and pick up my bags I stopped at a $1 slot for one last try & won $300.
To wrap it up, Ive been to a few casinos in Atlantic City but I think was my favorite so far, I will definately stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is your pretty standard hotel casino room, but I must say the room was HUGE. Usually with 4 girls it is hard to find space for everyone's luggage but not here. It was very roomy and gave us all space to get ready. The big draw in staying at Harrahs is that you can go to the Pool after Dark and not worry about catching a cab. I have stayed at the Borgata and prefer Harrah's as it is a bit cheaper and offers better rooms (when you get a standard room).

As far as value goes, it's not a great value unless you get a comped room. It is expensive but a fun trendy hotel to stay at.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here multiple times years ago, it was never the best stay but it was not awful either. So fast forward to this past weekend. We were staying at Borgata on Sunday but decided to try to come down a day early. Borgata was high $$ for Sat night, but Harrah's had the Bayview premimum rooms avail for $219 plus tax and fees; which winds up to be around $250. We got there around 7:45pm Sat and there was NO line at check in, We got super excited thinking hmm maybe we will get a really cream room. No such luck. We encountered a grumpy clerk who advised us the highest floors she had were the 9th floor and that was in the Waterfront tower. Ok, wow thats a really low floor. I told her in my experience over the years these low floors are the "party" floors.
We are a couple in our 50s and want a clean and quiet room (we knew it wouldnt be silent, come on its a casino after all, and hey we make some noise too but respect others).
She types in for 20 mins and says nope thats it, thats ALL we have for you.Mind you, we arent high rollers but I do have a black card at Taj and usually would have a free room there on Sat. but they were booked. But we just dropped $$$ at Caesars in Vegas in May so I would have hoped a teensy bit better treatment at Harrahs AC due to that.
We are rather leery now, but we say thank you and we go to the room. The moment we stepped out of the elevator we knew it was going to be bad. There were girls no older than 17 -18 lingering in the halls and laughing and running up and down the halls cursing and going into one anothers rooms with alcohol. My hubby and I looked at each other and sighed. We decided to go down and have a dirnk and do some gamblng. Many unlucky hours later (by the way we never win here, maybe once in all the times we ever came- plus the comps here SUCK.). we go back to our room and decide to cuddle. We get to the 9th floor of the waterfront and now pot smoke is lingering in the halls of whats supposed to be a non smoking floor. We get to the room and immediately call the desk and beg to be moved. They had NOTHING. We told them our concerns, I ask for a manager. Still nothing available, but they will send security. Before security came up the first time fights were breaking out on the floor. The people in the next room (there were 7, we counted) were fighting and screaming along with a room across our hall that held iI think 20 people????
Security comes up and knocks at the door with the 20 ppl and neglects to knock on the door next to us. Door opens and one girl has all her luggage and is screaming that she "has nothing to do with whats going on in the room" and says she is leaving. Hmmm.
Security leaves and the people next to us are getting louder. We call the security desk again. They argue that they already came up, we say yes but you didnt even do anything here next door you only went across the hall. They finally arrive 30 mins later and knock on the door of the loud ppl and when they dont answer security just LEAVES.
An hour of misery goes by, we try blaring the radio and trying to ignore it. They are pounding on the walls and opening the door that is between the 2 adjoining rooms and screaming profanities. Yes, they put us in an adjoining room that adjoined these losers.
Finally they all go down stairs. We decide to order "dinner" by now it is 12:45am. We order omelets yet they dont even bring the toast- they forgot it, and not even a glass of water, Oh Harrahs what has happened to you?
We are now finally happy as it is somewhat quieter. We wind up falling asleep at 145am. At 2am there is a god awful crash into our door. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, that someone was breaking in. Nope, it was just the obnoxious a- holes returning to their room next to ours and one of the 7 people decided to slam our room service cart into the door at full force.
Things get much, much worse.
Every few mins they open the door and it slams. They go in and out, in and out. They are fighting bc some of them are smoking in the room. They are saying they want to go "find another mark", not sure what it means but I'm thrilled they may be leaving again. Except they don't. We call security again as now the pot smoke is so thick and heavy its seeping into our rroom. I dont want my stuff smelling like pot.
Security has an attitude. "We been up there 3 times". I sad well, come on up a 4th. They come up and linger in the hall and finally knock. No one answers. Security leaves. See the pattern? The people panic though, there is shrieking about FLUSH IT and the toliet starts flushing repeatedly. I guess whatever they had in there they figured they better get rid of.
At around 4am I am banging on the wall between our rooms so hard i hurt my right hand severely. There is no other room, there is no decent security, and I am PISSED. These people are HORRIBLE. I scream "Shut the blank up and go to sleep" in my most booming, threatening voice.
They are shocked.
They quiet down for all of 4 minutes.
When they start up, its bad. Now they are all fighting loudly about how loud they all are and screaming they arent that loud. They are actually fighing over who among them is louder.
Five calls to security later I decide its time to get the big guns. We decide to call AC police to have these people extricated. I tell security I feel unsafe and am calling police and magically, finally, at SIX AM security finally evicts these people. Please note this took a half hour. And it all came out - the person who had the room in their name wasnt even in the room. We feel these people all likley pitch in $10 and buy their own booze and drink in the rooms since they are under age, I doubt they have a penny to gamble. Harrah's, why are these people encoruaged to do this? When I book a room, I expect a clean and safe room in exchnage for my money. You did not deliver that.
I have asked for a refund and no one has follwed up with action. Mischa at the front desk (rude snotty girl who talked over me) said she was a supervisor and could take $50 off. OMG. That was the price of the crappy eggs and no - toast breakfast, I mean thats all the comp we deserve here? I will never get that night of sleep back!
I come home and email the facebook people for Harrahs AC FB page and tell them my story, I tell them to get it together and get someone to contact me or I am posting my story all over the web. Someone named James calls me the next day and agrees I deserve a refund and apologizes. I was working when he called me, so I couldnt spend a lot of time on the call but he got the gist of the details. He would not give his last name. My account was charged in full for the $251 PLUS some crazy $1.60 charge.
SO here I am. James was supposedly a hotel manager and was comping my stay. He never did.
Stay away. Your money is much better spent at Borgata, Revel or Taj. I have had friends stay at Caessars and they like it there too, DO NOT stay here at Harrahs unless you are an underage pot smoking drinker who wants company of like minded people. I am so furious I will never set foot on another harrah's property not here not anywhere. By the way Mischa told me "we cant control our guests behavor". WOW.

7 Thank Marcie B
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

It is a very busy and seems like a popular hotel/casino. Long lines at check in but it was moving along. We were in the waterfront premium room but don't be fooled by that like we were. We were able to get a sneak peek at a room in their cheaper harbor tower and it seemed much cleaner.

Pro's
View from room is good if you are on the higher floor
Try their coffee shop. Good gelato, pastries and the like.
Rates were cheap. Maybe because of the timing.

Con's
Lots of walking. Easy to get lost. I guess that is by design.
Dirty rooms. Non smoking rooms were stinking with smoke. Carpet, walls, linens and even the bathroom had smoke smell.
Food is very very expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bhargavipl
Palos Park, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed with them Fri and Sat Sept. 28,2012 Room in the Marinia Tower was clean, just as expected. Saturday in planning for the day. I took earings out of our suitcase from a travel jewerly case, put the case back in suitcase. Left for the day, housekeeping entered did their job while we were out and helped themselve to not only a single piece of jewerly but the whole case. Reported to hotel secerily,who did the perfect lip service act," say anything to get these people out of here" I should also mention these rooms have no safes.
Long and short of it Not only did I lose at their casino I lost in their room.

1 Thank Annmarie P