“An Awesome Babymoon!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
“An Awesome Babymoon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My Husband and I booked this as a Valentine's day / babymoon trip. We got an awesome deal because it is their off season! The hotel and casino are smoke free except in the designated area, which was a plus considering I was 22 weeks pregnant.

Check in was quick and easy, rooms where clean, room service was fast and delicious. The pool area was awesome!! The only problem was that there was not enough seating, so we ended walking around for about 10 min before an older couple gave us their seats!

We used valet parking, and it was such a great service. It is $5. However, if you are staying at the hotel you only have to pay once during your stay. After that they give you a pass to show them you already paid. When we checked out they even gave us two waters for the road.

We also took the shuttle down to the other hotel, and it was a nice ride. I would recommend waiting for the total reward bus and not taking the Jitny. It is a cheap ride only $2.50, but the Jitny is not maintained well at all.

Overall, our stay was awesome I would recommend the hotel, and would definitely stat here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,049)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed in November (11/11/11 to be exact....good luck for a casino trip) and enjoyed the hotel as always. I had a Waterfront Tower room, and it is large with a great bed and a great walk-in shower. The Buffet is the best in Atlantic City in my opinion and is on par with the Buffets at Bellagio and Wynn in Vegas. I also enjoyed the Taste of the Shore Food Court Area. Great pizza, and the burgers and subs at Sac-o-subs are top rate.

It was a busy weekend with the Pool Club Scene, and the elevators were quite busy. To save time, stand between the Bayview Elevators and the Waterfront Elevators; they are right next to each other and gives you a better chance of getting an elevator quickly.

There was a fight from the Pool Club that spilled into the Casino, but it was taken care of quickly before it turned into a riot. One guy got knocked cold, and the bouncers took him and a couple others quickly into a back room next to the marina tower elevators. I dont think I want to know what went on back there, bu, but at least they cleared the floor quick.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Everything at this hotel was pretty good. However ive been comin to Ac for the past 15yrs from the Borgota to the Taj Mahal and i have never encountered such rudeness n disrespect from the front desk manager Courtney. She has no hospitality & she refused to accommodate me. Based on her alone makes me not want to visit that casino Never again!!! Another thing that ticked me off was the cocktail waitresses asking me for Id while Im gambling....its extremely rude and annoyin! I'm never comin back

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Tajmahal12
Patchogue, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Harrah's has a lot to offer it's guests. The casino itself is enormous, they have a nice shopping area, a cooking school for guests, and the pool is sensational. Altogether, you could go here in the middle of winter and feel like you were in the Caribbean without ever going outside. We had a two night reservation for Valentine's day (Tuesday through Thursday). We had a complimentary room offer, and made the reservation for the Marina Tower. When we got there, they put us in the Harbor Tower. As I did not have a printout of my reservation with me, I felt it was not worth arguing, after all the room was free. We entered room 918 and it smelled like old food. The odor was incredibly offensive, but we figured that it would go away. We left for the evening and had fun downstairs, and came up to find that it was still smelly. We put on the TV and the screen went red, as it was an old TV and did not work properly. I called downstairs and they assured me that I would be able to get a new room in the morning. The next morning we packed up and they moved us to the Marina Tower to an almost identical room; however, this room did not smell unpleasant, and the TV, while outdated, did work. The rooms and bathrooms themselves are nothing spectacular, but there is so much to do at this resort, that you don't really spend that much time in your room anyway, so it seems like a fair trade-off. All-in-all, I'd definitely go back for a mid-winter getaway.

1 Thank Kristina K
Howell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

When staying over in Atlantic city we choose Harrah's for the pool area. It is a beautiful pool, very relaxing! Now if only they would open up more restaurants and bring more entertainment in so we wouldn't have to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: try to get in tower near pool...rooms great!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank twolane7
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Normally when I go to AC, I stay at the Borgata. I decided to try Harrahs due to a complimentary room offer and I have heard good things about it. Overall, my trip was enoyable due to all the things I was able to do on the property but if I was going to it just as a normal hotel visit, I would have been very disappointed.

First issue we had - it was IMPOSSIBLE to find parking. We left and came back to the property about 4-5 times during our three day stay and EVERY time we came back, we couldn't find parking until we got the very top level. It was extremely frustrating. Second annoyance - while there is an elevator that takes you down from the actual parking garage, there is NO elevator that brings you to the casino/hotel floor so you're trekking through a skywalk and down a long escalator with all your luggage. I have NO idea how elderly people do that... Finally, it's clear across the casino from the parking garage to the hotel front desk which just feels like poor planning on their part.

Our front desk attendant was very friendly and informative, she let us know that there would be a party at the pool the next evening and we could come down to the front desk to get free tickets if we wanted to the next day. We got a room in the Marina Tower so I was excited, thinking we were overlooking the water. Take the elevator to the 11th floor, get off the elevator and the first thing we see at 4pm are room service carts in the hall left from breakfast. I was sort of grossed out by that but figured maybe it was busy since it was check in time.

Now my one pet peeve in hotel rooms is a dirty bathroom. I can NOT stand a dirty bathroom. Unfortunately, the first thing I noticed in the room was grime on the edge of the bathmat in the tub. It probably wasn't enough that would stop most people from showering but like I said, just a pet peeve of mine. Until I noticed that the back of the toilet seat also had dust and hair in it. I felt that I didn't have a lot of right to complain as this was a free room but I still expect a CLEAN room. Finally, the back of the door to the room was cracked - not something that contributed to whether I would have a good time or not, it just indicated the level of attention it seemed the rooms were (or weren't) getting. Incidentally, we left to go see a show at another casino later than evening, came back to our room around 10:30 and those room service carts were STILL there.

One big disappointment for me was that while I was in the Marina tower, I was actually on the side of the hotel which overlooked the city/boardwalk. Which would have been fine except we were in one of the rooms with a screen printed advertisement on the outside of the window so we had NO view, we couldn't tell what the weather was like in the morning when we woke up and got no sunlight in the room.
If you're looking for a quiet relaxing place to stay, this is NOT where you want to go - look elsewhere. If you're going to go gambling or clubbing, it'll do just fine. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything all night long and while this seems slightly silly to complain about, there were literally like 15 channels to choose from. Also, the sitting area in the room was parallel to the tv so I'm not sure if they expected people to ONLY watch tv in bed but you couldn't watch it from the couch which was slightly weird.

Okay now to the good. There is a LOT to do at Harrahs even if you don't gamble (which I really don't for the most part.) They have some great restaurants, a cool courtyard area where they have bands play and kareoke and such, a 24 hour fitness center and a BEAUTIFUL pool. The temperature inside the pool area was perfect and it was so tropical, I loved that. They also have a Viking cooking school which, if you're a foodie like me, is a dream. There's a ton of table games and they also have video roulette, poker and blackjack for the smaller better. We ate at several of the restaurants and every single one of them was good. The room service (which, I'll say had a 90 minute wait at 12am) was excellent actually and the person who took my order was one of the friendliest people I've dealt with AC.

If you are parked in the hotel and you plan on going on, bring your hotel slip with you and when you leave, give it to them with your payment. After that you'll get to go in and out of the parking garage for free. One of the really cool things though is that they have a shuttle that goes back and forth between Harrahs and their other casinos (Caears, Showboat and Ballys) so unless you want to go to the Borgata or the Golden Nugget, there's really no reason to drive out. Caesars and Ballys are RIGHT in the middle of the Boardwalk and within great walking distance to the Outlets.

Overall, I DO like coming to Harrahs for a day trip, coming from staying at other casinos in the area... I do have additional free room offers coming up but I have to admit, if I have free rooms from another casino in AC, I'd use those before staying at Harrahs again. The hotel just didn't live up to others in the area.

Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

We just had a nice two day stay at Harrahs in Atlantic City. There were a couple of problems, though. When we booked the room, the description on the internet included a safe in the room. There was no safe, and now the internet description has been corrected. We were able to get a safe deposit box with the concierge. Also, the shutte that was supposed to take guests between hotels was nonexistant. We waited 30 minutes before giving up and taking the Jitney, while another man told us he had waited 45 minutes. On the positive side - the staff was great, the room was clean and well appointed, and the indoor pool was very nice. We would definately stay again.