“Amazing value for an incredible resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frederick, MD
“Amazing value for an incredible resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed early in the week and the place seemed busier than I expected. Check-in was busy but they kept the line moving quickly. They were able to honor all of our room requests and had a room ready for us right away. The room was incredible, clean very new looking and spacious. One of the nicest rooms I've stayed in. The pool was fun to relax at during the day and the Eden bar was fun with great bartenders in the evening. I highly recommend trying Luke Pallidino's restaurant for dinner.

4 Thank CT5355

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,871)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

Now I always write the good and the bad. I believe different people have different preferences. So I don't really make a big deal out of the small stuff. However I was disappointed with my stay here. First off the walk to the front desk (thats if u don't get valet which I usually do.) was veryyyyyyyyyy long. If u have a problem walking I would suggest getting valet, it will be worth it. Second, housekeeping sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! First I had a piece of tile on the floor when u walk in. Housekeeping didn't bother to notify maintenance. The inside of my drawers were full of hair and ashes. My sink still had toothpaste on it. The plus side is the bed was sooooo comfortable. Room was spacious and decor was up to date. Bathroom was beautiful. But the only real thing I expect from any hotel is a clean room. If u can't meet that then I will not be back. If u have children and don't want them exposed to drunk kids then this is not the hotel for u. If u like to party, then u found the right place. They have a beautiful pool that turns into a nightclub later in the evening. However u will see the aftermath of it in the morning. Woke up to beer cans, food and a drunk guy in the hallway. If u like sweets and coffee, go to Temptations.The ladies that work there are very nice and everything served there is great! It's also a mini bar. As for the shore food court, do not waste ur time on the pizza. It sucked. Taste like frozen pizza out of the box. Reflections cafe is opened 24 hrs and very good food. Burger was to die for. I went to The red spa for bikini wax and the girl there made me feel soooo comfortable and was helpful as well. Now just a tip, I had breakfast at Flying cloud cafe and I loved it! I went fishing at Highroller fishing and had a great time. If u do not want to spend a lot of money on a spa, I suggest going to Cloud 9 in Galloway, nj. It's only 12 miles away. I got a hot oil scalp massage, a 90 min massage and a facial for $203. If u are not happy with the Outlets in Atlantic city and the prices are just too high, I suggest going to Hamilton Mall and surrounding stores in may's landing, nj. I wish they would of explained things to me about parking. I had to keep some piece of paper so I wouldn't have to keep paying. Also no one notified me that I was going to be charged after I checked out. thank god i don't gamble because I had enough money to pay. i was not asked how my stay was and I don't think they even cared. So all in all, I had a good time but will try a different hotel next time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank melly900
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed here in the waterfront corner suite with my boyfriend for our anniversary. Since it was March it was available at a significantly reduced price compared to the summer season. The room was amazing. The two person "soaking tub" was a favorite. The bathroom was as big as some hotel rooms. The bed, tv and sound system were good and even the soap was luxurious! Having access to a casino with great food and entertainment was an added bonus. The view of the water was beautiful and served as a perfect backdrop for my boyfriend to ask me to marry him! We will probably visit again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank crystalregnurse
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

While I've seen some negative comments on here about Harrah's as of late, I basically have had nothing but pleasurable experiences each time I've been here. I just came back from a three day trip with my girlfriend and family and we all had an excellent time. Every time we go I end up finding something new to discover and take advantage of. We stayed in the Waterfront Tower, like always, and found it to be very good. The Waterfront Rooms are the best to stay in based on what I've read on here and from personal experience (definitely the most modern). I was dissapointed to see that they closed two of my favorite eateries (Polistina's and The Deli) in order to open newer restaurants that are in the process of being built, but other than that I was very satisfied by all the different kinds of foods offered. The Taste of the Shore Food Court and McCormick's and Schmitt are very good options. I am 22 years old and I would say that the Pool is one of the best features of the hotel to take advantage of, especially during the daytime. In terms of the Pool After Dark, I used to enjoy it more than I do now as the people it brings in has certainly gotten worse since it first opened. We discovered the live music at the Eden Lounge this time instead of going to the Pool After Dark and I much preferred that as you're able to sit down at tables and have a drink without feeling claustrophobic. I will definitely be looking forward to coming back in the fall.

5 Thank Chris82088
Portland, Me
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at the Harrah's in Atlantic City in Feb 2011 and loved it. The room was very large and super clean. We had a view that looked out over the bay. The pool area is beautiful and was very relaxing with the large pool and many hot tubs around it. There are palm trees and even though it was inside it did not feel that way. The buffet was one of the best we have been to. There was a band at night and dancing so that was fun too.
But the main reason we go is gambling and the poker room is one of the best.
There is a shuttle that takes you to the boardwalk and it runs all the time.
Wondeful stay and we will be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank worktovacation
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed for our 21st wedding anniversary in a free room. Without asking we were upgraded to a suite. It was beautiful. Two rooms, hardwood floors in the living room. This was our second stay and both times had a great room. The only problem was the smoke smell in the room. We did request a smoking room because my husband smokes. I lit a candle and it helped. We will be coming back.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank jensan1208
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

I spent the night in the bayview tower and had over 20 bites on my body, the room was infested! Managment said they would take care of the issue, however the manager on duty went on vacation the next day without delagating anything to anyone. Resource managment (the parties responsible dealing with the customers) went on vacation as well and no one answered my calls. After being persistent and leaving voicemails, i finally got a phone call from a third party which does settlements for this type of thing. After needing to leave my hotel room at 8 PM in a snow storm, for something as disgusting as this, all they could offer me is 50$.

They claimed they rented the room out 33 times after me and noone complained.... Why not just hire a professional to examine the room? why risk more guests getting bit? why not have a sense of urgency when dealing with guests?

im only 23 years old but i tend to travel alot, and this is one of the worst places for customer service i have ever been to!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends