“Birthday weekend Celebration with partner 10/19 & 10/20”

Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ERIDILIA V
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Due to the nature of the Atlantic City visit, I found Howard Johnsons to be quite affordable at the last minute. I enjoyed my sleep in the HJ bed better than my own. My cousin who stayed with me agreed. The 100 channels on cable helped put me to sleep.
The restaurant called Perry's is a breakfast institution with the best cheese grits and scrapple. I 've eaten there several times in years past. That how I picked Howard Johnsons.

Rick

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RICHARD P
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall my stay was ok., except fot the clerk at the desk who decided he was goin to argue with me. When I booked the reoomm I asked for King sized bed/no smoking. I got a queen size bed smoking. I went back downstairs to advice the clerk there is some mistake with the booking, ssso he decided to let me know that it's not his fault in a very argumentative mannerand that he could not accomodate me so he can credit back my account and go elsewhere. finally he gave us a non smoking room with double beds.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SONIA F
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Was please at the hotel being it was very inexpensive, room was clean and bathroom was super clean, alittle outdated with furniture but was well worth the price. And location was fine, aside of church and we walked back at night and had no problems with any strange people. I would stay again. Little cafe had wonderful food and very nice people.

Room Tip: We had king size smoking room, because we smoke and that is hard to fine, so it made us very happy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We checked in on a Tuesday and checked out on Wednesday. The decision to stay there was based on their very attractive room rate. We only needed a place to sleep and change clothes. Check in is at three, but they cheerfully accommodated us at 12:30. The room was clean, neatly furnished, if a little outdated. It did NOT smell of smoke. This was a major concern for me. The AC was really cranked up, but the temperature became bearable once we turned it down. TV was clear with cable. There was a coffee pot and coffee, but no condiments. The double beds were very comfortable, and there were plenty of fluffy towels.
When leaving the room we noticed an outdoor pool and chairs secreted away on the second floor. We didn't use it, but some visitors were doing laps while others read. Any staff we passed in the hall greeted us with smiles or a cheery hello.
The hotel is only one long block from the boardwalk and next door to a very beautiful church, St. Nicholas. The hotel has a cafe on site, but we didn't use it.
Check out is at 11 a.m., but we asked to check out later and didn't leave until 1 p.m.
This room was half the price of a comparable room at the nearest resort hotel. For a short stay, it is just fine. The immediate neighborhood is a bit seedy, so I would not recommend it for families with children.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just came back from Atlantic City,and stayed at this Howard Johnson. To my surprise, it was amazingly clean, the staff was really nice, and housekeeping was great. We had 2 queen beds and a cot and they kept our room spotless. It is a little bit off the boardwalk (they say 1 block, but it is 1 long block) so walking to and from beach with kids might be a little problem but I would definetly stay here again. For the money, I think it was a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#6 of 49 in Atlantic City
Resorts Casino Hotel
Resorts Casino Hotel
#3 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City

Address: 1339 Pacific Ave, Tennessee and Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401-7204
Location: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Atlantic City
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Atlantic City
#8 On the Beach Hotel in Atlantic City
Price Range: $61 - $248 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Atlantic City Hotel Atlantic City