“Claridge's new Vue Rooftop lounge”

The Twenties Bistro
Ranked #109 of 414 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Had occasion to visit The Vue with a group of friends celebrating a birthday in Atlantic City. It was suggested we cap off the birthday celebration with cocktails at The Vue. On Sunday, October 16th, we arrived in time to watch the sunset over the island which is spectacular. Actually on a par with Florida's Golf Coast sunsets. The Vue is something you have to experience, first hand, to enjoy.

With seating inside at the bar, or outside on the panoramic terrace, the vibe is something very special. It's obvious the owners spared no expense creating this new addition to the Claridge. The service is efficient and friendly and drink pours are generous. The bar seating seems to be very popular as all seats were occupied while we were there. We were seated at a large table by the windows affording a great view, south, of the coastline. We shared a few appetizers and were told that a full service menu will shortly be available.

With it's spectacular location and the addition of high quality food, The Vue should be able to attract the happy hour crowd that frequents a couple of the other high quality happy hour venues in A/City.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here on a last-minute getaway. The hotel was charming. The rooms were dated, but clean and comfortable. The staff was polite and very friendly.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

My husband and I came for our 28th anniversary.The hotel charges 15 to valet park 12 to self park .They assigned us to a room that was already occupied.No washcloths in room ,no pool towels either day we went to the pool(pool attendant informed us each day towels were in the dryer), ice machine broken on our floor,also on checking in only 2 receptionist were at the desk (40 min to check in) We sent a letter to the hotel and they replied to my husband e-mail offering 10% off our next visit. Very unacceptable! What next visit are they talking about?Be prepared to carry your luggage to your room as there were no luggage carts available either

1  Thank linda2171
Reviewed August 30, 2016

This Gallery is located in what was once the Casino. It has been restored/renovated to encompass 3 floors of amazing art works.
Access the Gallery via the Hotel entrance passing lovely antique furniture, original photos & newspaper articles from the past.
David Holtzman owner of this extraordinary gallery, also exhibits his works. His portrait of nelson Mandela is stunning.
A statue of a young Frank Sinatra near the entrance is brilliant.
There is so much here that attracted me.
A truly wonderful experience that takes at least an hour + to explore.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We picked this place because it was the cheapest place for a Saturday night in AC.

Location is great - short walk across the park and you are at the beach/boardwalk.
No casino and 1 restaurant but its connected to Baileys which is also connected to Caesars... so lots of things you can do.
Hotel staff was really nice.
Room was pretty big and bed was comfy.

It was clean but still looked like it still needed some extra work. You can definitely see the wear and tear.
The walls are thin!
The room was HOT - we called down to the front desk and they sent someone up to check out the AC. The vent was up by the ceiling, it wasn't a typical window unit type thing. The AC was spitting out cold air but the temp in our room never got below 77.
We went back out hoping when we come back it would cool off.... it didn't and event the lobby area was extremely hot. If we were staying more than 1 night I probably would have made them move my room but we just dealt with it. It was a rough nights sleep.

They promote this Beer Garden on their website - the park in front of the hotel has music, beer and wine in the evenings. It was a pretty big disappointment - handful of people there. There was a tiny mobile bar - I was thinking it would be a big bar area with so many beers (hence Beer Garden) but really nothing there. We just walked through and didn't stop.

Valet was 15 dollars or park yourself for 12. We did valet - its crazy during check out times though, prepare to wait a bit for your car.

Overall it wasn't terrible - good location for the price. If I was to bring my kids here for the beach/boardwalk I may stay here. But if its just me and my husband, I would try anther place (during the weekday when its cheaper!)