“Only if you are desperate!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Atlantic City
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Peterborough, Canada
“Only if you are desperate!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Super 8 Atlantic City and were not very happy with our room or the hotel in general. The entire facility looked very old and run down. There was a sign asking for our patience as it was under renovation but we saw absolutely no indication for work being done.
There were no bugs or mold which was good but the room was old and in need or repair. The neighborhood was not particularly well lit and the street was deserted and sketchy feeling. We were glad when our car was still in the parking lot the next morning.
During breakfast, a construction worker from the street wandered in and got coffee. I have no problem with that except that he was injured from his job site and had a big wad of bloody tissues wrapped around his bleeding finger. The woman at the desk asked him if he was staying at the hotel and he said no he was just working near by. She looked at his finger and said, " You should go to hospital and get that stitched!". There was no mention that perhaps he should not be bleeding in a hotel breakfast area.
All in all, I would pay the extra money and stay in a Casino where the security is better and you don't have to walk around the streets at night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan F
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything less than satisfying. It is our goal to make every guest stay exceed the expectations of our guest. First I want to know that we do our best to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests. We have security cameras throughout the public areas of our hotel and parking lots viewed twenty-four hours a day by our staff. Though the lighting of the neighborhood is beyond our control, we keep our property and parking areas well lit for the safety of our guests. Our hotel is under construction. The work was halted due to weather conditions, but will resume in the spring. I am glad you found your room to be clean. Cleanliness is very important to us. As to the construction worker, please know my desk clerk was watching the hotel, questioning someone she did not recognize as a guest, and requesting he leave, which he did. She also contacted me after he left to inform me as we have a strict no tolerance policy for visitors to the hotel for the safety, security and enjoyment of our inhouse guests. It was a natural reaction for her to rush to help someone and I am so sorry it made you feel uncomfortable. I hope you will accept our sincere apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon making this reservation I was a little hesitant after reading the other reviews but after checking in I realized it wasn't so bad. Average room for a below average price. Loved the Irish pub right across the street great prices, good food and a friendly staff. Quick check in and no annoying housekeepers bothering before check out time. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and you would happily stay again. I assure you we will make every effort to make your next stay as satisfying and comfortable. Thank You again for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We are seasoned very seasoned travelers really for work. Isn't the worst hotel we've stayed at but it could be a little better with customer service. The rooms were good and clean just confusing on how to find the rooms. The only way to get into the rooms was through the lobby which wasn't the greatest. Especially going to truck getting off the elevator and all I hear is an employee on the phone with some friends there trying to convince a young lady to come hang out somewhere. ( they had it on speaker phone)I don't want to hear your business and I don't want you in mine. The next day going to get my computer and printer for work and covered with a blanket since it was raining and as I enter the hotel I was asked what was under my blanket. Like I was doing something wrong. I mean if you wanted me to walk in without a blanket so you could see it and it got ruined I am sure you wouldn't be forking over the money to replace it that's for sure. Had to use my wifi hot spot on my phone just to get Internet for work after 3 or 4 calls to the front desk. Granted they did try to fix the issue with the internet. Am staying in Atlantic City New jersey for a week but after 2 nights there its time for me to find another hotel. I have stayed at A LOT of hotels through the years but never paid for room and made to feel like I was doing something wrong all the time and being watched every time I leave and come back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfying. Our goal is always to make each and every guest stay exceed expectations. I am glad you found our rooms to be good and clean. I have advised our staff on better ways to provide directions to all the rooms. I have also addressed the importance of customer service, as we do regularly. It is hard for me to imagine any of my staff on a telephone call as you described, but I have spoken to each on of them about proper front desk protocal. I apologize for your discomfort in hearing this phone call, and I hope you understand management cannot be at the desk 24 hours a day, however when informed of an incident such as this we take immediate action. I am sorry about the problems you encountered with the internet. It is unusual, but weather conditions or server issues can sometimes cause issues, although it is rare. You also memtioned you felt uncomfortable when asked what was under the blanket. Once again I would ask you to understand that our questions are for the protection and well being of all of our guests. We would ask anyone in this situation to ensure there was not a pet that is not allowed in our motel, or some other concealed item. We also watch when people come and go on our premises for the safety and security of all of our guests. I am sorry if our security measures made you feel uncomfortable. I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future, and I promise we will make every effort to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Helpful staff, clean rooms & nice location,Helpful staff, clean rooms & nice locationHelpful staff, clean rooms & nice locationHelpful staff, clean rooms & nice locationHelpful staff, clean rooms & nice location

Room Tip: nice motel if u wanna save some money
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad to hear of your great experience at our property. We always make every effort to ensure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I am happy you found our staff to be helpful, our rooms clean and our location nice. Customer service and cleanliness are very important to us. And are location is convenient to the beach,boardwalk, casinos, convention center, boardwalk hall and shopping venues. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and promise to always make every effort to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
Kew Gardens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

i was in atlantic city for a tournament, and the great courtesy and atmosphere provided by Debbie and Denis helped me win that tourney. they grabbed something whenever i needed it, sent faxes for free, and were just generally as able as anyone could hope for

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that you were happy with your stay. I appreciate your positive evaluation of our location, value, quality, cleanliness and staff. It isalways our goal to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed those expectations and provide a pleasant enjoyable stay. I also want to thank you for your comments about our two staff members. I will be addressing your comments with them, and I know they will both appreciate your kind remarks. Customer service is very important to us, and all of our staff members will always try their best to make our guests comfortable. I look forward to seeing you in the future, and we all promise to make every effort to make your next stay just as pleasant and comfortable.