“My weekend in Atlantic City”

Super 8 Atlantic City
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
Reviewed March 5, 2013

So I called for two room reservations at Atlantic city super 8 I got there payed for one room bc that's all we needed and the guy tried to charge us for two rooms. It say cancelation for other reservation within 24 hours. In which 24 hours didn't pass so they just wanted money and were not following their own rules. Made me get out of character. I asked for manager the guy said sorry no manager. He couldn't even call the manager because me and him were getting no where. Long story shirt I will never stay here again and will be telling everyone I know about the poor customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kevin K, Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all you have booked two rooms arriving that day but our front desk accidently check you in to one room according to reservation it was for two adults but there was more than two adults stayed in the room.
The managers called your room and advise you about the second reservation you reply with I will be at the front desk in a few minutes. You did not come to front desk, when you come to lobby later on the front desk try to talk to you about the second room you started yelling and shouting, and then you end up calling the police for no reason.
You do agree that you have made reservation for two rooms with the cancellation policy of 24 hours prior to arrival date, if you make your reservation for same day then cancellation policy is cannot cancel.
As per hotel policy we have right to charge for that reservation instead we work with you and cancel your reservation without any charge.
Thank you for staying with us and posting the false information even after working with your issue and not charging you for second reservation.
Absecon, New Jersey
Reviewed February 28, 2013

it was a clean and peaceful hotel not the best but its okay. The place is just amazing! The rooms r clean and they r just too good. Got to stay there! im tellin u its worth it! Steps away from the board walk we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Just come and u will get everything u need
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin K, Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel.

We look forward to accommodate you again in the near future.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 26, 2013

the room was clean and good size front desk was very helpful the hotel is walking distance to boardwalk and casinos it was great stay.

over all we liked it and will be coming back to this hotel very soon.

Room Tip: rooms are nice clean and comfortable the suites are nice with fridge microwave in the room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Unfortunately we were forced to stay here during Presidents' Day weekend since all the other hotels were fully booked. We got charged an extra $10 since we had three people which I felt was a little trifling since we were already paying over $200. They put us in a hotel room that had an outside door (as opposed to one inside of the hotel) which probably wasn't the safest for three females. The room smelled funny, the decor was old and there was a roach in the bathroom. I wrapped up the roach and brought it to the front desk and and nothing was done to remediate the situation. He wasn't even the least bit sympathetic and just replied that it probably came from outside. Not a good excuse since I found it all the way in the bathroom. Needless to say we will never be staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the inside hotel rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

I do apologize for the inconvenience you have experience during your stay.
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write the review this will really help us in the future.
I understand how trifling you felt after your finding.
At the time of your arrival the only room that was vacant.
Our front desk should have taken some action with apologizing to you at the same time.
Once again I do apologize for any action was not taken at the time.
I hope that you will give us second chance to accommodate you in the near future and we will make sure you stay will be enjoyable as you expect.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I will NEVER even consider staying here again. It;s dirty nasty and you fear for your life. I was so embarrassed to have my girlfriend stay there with me. HORRIBLE condition. I had no choice. No other rooms avialable. I guess it's ok for a bunch of drunken college guys, but even then, I would say stay somewhere else. Worst dump I ever saw. No parking. Bad neighborhood.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel. It aint worth the bargain. Even the view is scary.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NOHillary2016
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write review it is our duty to make sure your stay was comfortable as expected.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experience during your stay.

we do have a free parking on site.

Once again I do apologize and in the spirit of hospitality I would like to offer you 10% discount on your next stay.