“terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Atlantic City

Super 8 Atlantic City
Ranked #29 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went to AC for my friend's birthday. We stayed at this hotel overnight for 1 night. I would say te hotel served it purpose we only needed it to change clothes, shower, and sleep. However having stayed in a lot of better hotels and traveled a lot, I would not stay here again. While it served its purpose, I rather stay at another hotel for the same price but nicer like the Chelsea.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Kevin K, General Manager at Super 8 Atlantic City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 10% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 609-344-8956.

Sincerely

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place was a total dump. Pictures on the webpage are FAR different than what the motel is like, especially the pool. Very misleading!!!!! The pool that is on the website might actually have been photo shopped onto the picture. I recommend checking a specific motel before associating yourselves with. For 310 dollars a night ( Saturday) I could have booked a room in a major Hotel. This place was a total dump. The only good thing that I can say about it is that the bathroom was clean, but it had old used soap in the bath tub, dirty refilled shampoo bottle, sticky table and dresser, sticky carpet, halls that are used for storage (or more of a junk yard), foamy pool with no filters (pretty disgusting scene).Oh, and it is chlorinated by a guy sprinkling it from a small bag at each corner. A fridge with no freezer and missing the knob on it, and electric plugs that go into the walls when a plug is plugged into them. I'm not even gonna go to the appearance of the front staff desk, since that is not what I check into a hotel for, but it was pretty awful. All in all it was a very bad experience, and if it wasn't just for one night and that the fact that we drove for about 7 hours, I would have just walked out and looked for another place to stay with my wife and kids.Not even worth one star !!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Sincerely

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Québec City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ok here's why: 1- outside and indside look awful. 2- first time I wake up the next morning and don't see any housekeeper ... So I'm actully asking myself if they clean their rooms... 3- worst breakfast ever... 4- they say that there's free internet but you actually don't have access in your room, you have to be in the lobby ... Want me to continue?? Great spot though... That's the only reason I didn't leave a 1 star rating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

sincerely
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here only one night and was pleasantly surprised. I went with my children and my grandchild. We walked into the lobby and it was nothing outstanding but the kid who was manning the front desk was very helpful and friendly. We took a small elevator up to the third floor and went to our room, opened the door to a very clean smell, not a masking smell a clean smell. The beds were clean, the bathroom was excellent. The pool looked clean as well but we didn't take advantage of it because we were going to the beach. We did have their breakfast and it was just enough to get us going. I would go back there again. Ooh yes and it was block from the beach.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank garnet8
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out your schedule to complete the guest review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 609-344-8956.

Elkton, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Alright, the reviews made us doubtful, yet our experience wasn't awful. In my personal experience, we pulled up to the hotel and we were instantly horrified on the location and the street. The motel is quite honestly the most clean and appealing perceptible building on Tennessee Avenue. But that is just an exterior. We entered and were met by a sketchy young fellow, only to find out he was a staff member.. Lobby is a little dirty, along with the hallway carpets and stairwell. Concierge was nice, gave us the key, nothing life-changing. We decided to take the elevator to the third floor. The elevator was horribly damaged. Took the stairs every time after that. It stopped and were frightened. After about five minutes of fiddling around with it, we finally got up there. The room was surprisingly clean. No smell. Bathroom was awfully small. Linens were a bit sketchy but they aren't bad. Shower was okay, Both hot an cold water. Low pressure though. Carpets were dark do I couldn't notice any stains, but as far as I know there weren't any. Walls are a bit thin, but our neighbors had a small child so they wouldn't get "freaky". Air conditioning was a bit loud, but got the job done. TV was fine, but the cable would often cut out. WiFi was a bit weak. Bed was comfy, slept like a baby, no bed bugs. We didn't swim in the pool as we spent almost the whole time at the beach. But it looked large and enjoyable. No lifeguard. It's proximity to the boardwalk, casinos, trump hotels, and the beach was great. Just 1/2 a block away. That's a plus, since we walked the whole time. Parking was decent and free. Breakfast was an ABSOLUTE joke. No selection and was stale. Staff were a little dreary but they did there job and were polite. So overall, I would stay here if you plan on one night. It really is just a place to crash and lay your head. Nothing luxurious. It's location is dodgy but the rooms are clean and the amenities are average, It's proximity to other spots are quite good. I would recommend this if you are coming down for the weekend to beach or gamble. Very. very cheap. What you pay for is what you get. Not as bad as the reviews said.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ryan L
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The reviews that I saw gave me some doubts. And here are my honest thoughts. Decent for a overnight trip. Location is not in the best part of town. But its within walking distance to some of the fancy hotels and beach, and also the board walk. Parking is easy and they assign you a reserved spot. Parking is free. Staff is okay, breakfast was a joke but what do you expect from a motel. Floors of lobby a little untidy. Elevator is fine, The stairwells are a little worn and untidy. But I do suggest stairs. It is faster. The motel has a clean pool that's fine. The beds were clean as well as the towels. Shower has low water pressure but still gets the job done. The bathroom overall is a little small, but clean. Beds are clean. Some of the features in the room include a mid sized Tv, mini fridge, and radio. AC works fine but a little loud. Sleeping experience in the start was a bit noisy but at the end it was fine. The sleeping was not a problem. Check in and out of simple. The staff was polite, nothing to complain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family