I am writing this from our 28th story one bedroom, one bathroom condo at the FantaSea Resort (formerly known as the Atlantic Palace) , on the Boardwalk between the Taj Mahal and Bally's. Although the Fantasea has no WiFi or computer terminals, I am able to connect to the Day's Inn's WiFi down below us. This is the largest one bedroom condo in which we have ever stayed. It is in excellent condition, clean rugs, kitchen and bathroom. There is a full-sized fridge, dishwasher, two burner cooktop, toaster, microwave, but no oven (but who cares?). The furniture is all in very good shape. We traded for this unit through RCI, and it faces the city, but there are windows on three sides of the unit, and we can see down the boardwalk and the beach, an impressive view.
Now I know it's March and not the really busy season, but we have had no problem parking and the wait for the elevators has been minimal. The only complaint we have, the midweek cleaning was never done. Now, we could call for someone to come, but it really isn't necessary for the two of us.
We were asked to go to a presentation, which we declined, and have not been bothered. We see people touring, especially when we have used the gym on the third floor. The gym equipment is in very good shape as well.
We were told that the building, in total, now has a new owner. So that may mean all the rooms, condo timeshare and rental will be refurbished. On our floor, we went into a studio unit that was being totally redone. We stayed in a studio last year, which was good, but the renewal looks terrific. Gone is the view,plexiglass window, from the shower/jacuzzi out to the room and the ocean below. I know some people found that distasteful, I thought it was cool. The unit we are in doesn't have that feature. Our bathroom has a double sink vanity, jacuzzi tub and separate stall shower. The hot water was plentiful, and the unit came with shampoo, lotions, roll of paper towels, dishwasher soap, and sink liquid soap. The towels were a bit thin, but no big deal. There are two tv's, and the living room tv has a dvd player.
There are free newspapers every day on the second floor, but there aren't any activities planned for guests. But it's AC, and there are the casinos, the boardwalk, and in summer, the beach.
Just down the boardwalk in front of Caesar's, the old steel pier has been transformed into a beautiful, upscale three story mall, with cool stores, like Brookstone, restaurants, and a water to music show, reminiscent of Vegas' Bellagio, on a smaller scale. There is a walkover from Caesar's into the mall, very nicely done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All condos! One queen size bed, flat screen TV, kitchenette equipped with two burner stove top, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and utensils. Dorm size refrigerator. Full Bathroom with jetted tub. On the Atlantic City Boardwalk on the Atlantic City Beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Atlantic Palace Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Palace Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Palace
- Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic Palace Atlantic City