Message from TripAdvisor:

“Atlantic Palace aka FantaSea”

Atlantic Palace Suites
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I am writing this from our 28th story one bedroom, one bathroom condo at the FantaSea Resort (formerly known as the Atlantic Palace) , on the Boardwalk between the Taj Mahal and Bally's. Although the Fantasea has no WiFi or computer terminals, I am able to connect to the Day's Inn's WiFi down below us. This is the largest one bedroom condo in which we have ever stayed. It is in excellent condition, clean rugs, kitchen and bathroom. There is a full-sized fridge, dishwasher, two burner cooktop, toaster, microwave, but no oven (but who cares?). The furniture is all in very good shape. We traded for this unit through RCI, and it faces the city, but there are windows on three sides of the unit, and we can see down the boardwalk and the beach, an impressive view.
Now I know it's March and not the really busy season, but we have had no problem parking and the wait for the elevators has been minimal. The only complaint we have, the midweek cleaning was never done. Now, we could call for someone to come, but it really isn't necessary for the two of us.
We were asked to go to a presentation, which we declined, and have not been bothered. We see people touring, especially when we have used the gym on the third floor. The gym equipment is in very good shape as well.
We were told that the building, in total, now has a new owner. So that may mean all the rooms, condo timeshare and rental will be refurbished. On our floor, we went into a studio unit that was being totally redone. We stayed in a studio last year, which was good, but the renewal looks terrific. Gone is the view,plexiglass window, from the shower/jacuzzi out to the room and the ocean below. I know some people found that distasteful, I thought it was cool. The unit we are in doesn't have that feature. Our bathroom has a double sink vanity, jacuzzi tub and separate stall shower. The hot water was plentiful, and the unit came with shampoo, lotions, roll of paper towels, dishwasher soap, and sink liquid soap. The towels were a bit thin, but no big deal. There are two tv's, and the living room tv has a dvd player.
There are free newspapers every day on the second floor, but there aren't any activities planned for guests. But it's AC, and there are the casinos, the boardwalk, and in summer, the beach.
Just down the boardwalk in front of Caesar's, the old steel pier has been transformed into a beautiful, upscale three story mall, with cool stores, like Brookstone, restaurants, and a water to music show, reminiscent of Vegas' Bellagio, on a smaller scale. There is a walkover from Caesar's into the mall, very nicely done.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Ron P

Reviewed January 14, 2007

We just got back from staying 2 nights at the Fantasea part of Atlantic Palace. It was myself and my husband and another couple. None of us had stayed at this resort before. Checkin was fairly quick the only thing we thought was weird was they will not let you check in until you get a parking ticket and park your car in the garage. The garage was very small and doesnt have an elevator. I would def recommend pulling up to the front doors and unloading then sending someone to park the car. Anyway we were given our keys and sent to the VERY slow elevators. The only time we didnt have to wait for an elevator to come was late at night. Once into the room we noticed there was only 1 bed. Well that wasnt going to work so my friend called down to the front desk to tell them this was a problem. They told us that the second bed was the pull out couch. Well no one ever mentioned that when she called to book the room. They told her that there were 2 queen size beds. We considered that a major rip off and they should be telling people that the second bed is a couch because we would have never reserved a room here. Also they had said that this was already an upgrade to make us more comfortable. LOL what a joke. Then she told us that they didnt have anymore rooms because it was a holiday weekend. So since we couldnt do anything we just made the best of things. After we headed out to the casinos and had dinner and everything we came back to the room about 1 am and found out that our Tv was broken. The picture was perfect but all you could hear was a fuzzy sound. So we called down again and they said they couldnt help us until the morning. The next morning we all got ready and left for the day. We made sure to put the sign on the door that said "Maid service please". Well once again we returned to the room and the maid had never been there and our tv was still broken. So we called again and they did bring us a stack of towels and sent a maintence man right away to fix the tv.

All in all the room was very nice. It would be great for a couple for a romantic getaway but not enough room for more than that. The view from the room was fantasic you could see the ocean and all the way down to Taj. The room also had a jacuzzi tub and kitchenette which was nice. The location was right in the middle of things and I would consider staying here again with just my husband.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank iluvdisney
Reviewed January 8, 2007

I'll start out by saying my husband and I stayed here 3 years ago and the room back then was great. I have no idea what happened between then and now, but here goes.
This was a corporate even that I was in charge of booking. We had a budget and being that I stayed here before, I figured we couldnt' go wrong. I was dead wrong. We booked 9 studio suites. The rooms came out to about $146 per room per night. To start with, we had several accomidations that we needed taken care of (they were simple enough, 1 smoking room, 2 rooms together either next to each other or on the same floor, and ocean view where possible). When I asked the girl who was taking reservations about the 2 rooms together on the same floor, she SNAPPED at me and was incredibly rude with her comments back to me, to the point where I had to remind her that we are booking over $1500 in rooms for one night and I would not stand for her attitude! This continued to the point where I actually had to call management to complain.
Anyway, fast forward to the day of check in. . . .
I had asked for 4 of the rooms to have 2 full/queen size beds. Their version of this was 1 full size bed and a "murphy" bed. Both beds were just gross. The sheets, while they did look bleached, looked like they should have seen their last days in 2003, but were still kicking. The murphy bed and full bed were both incredibly uncomfortable. There was no clock in the room, and the "towels" were again bleached to death and looked like they should have seen retirement years ago, and had a ghetto-like "AP" written on them in perm marker with a sign saying that there is a $10 charge for stolen towels. Trust me, these pieces of crap were not worth 10 cents, and i doubt anyone would actually want to steal them. The bathroom was incredibly small (hard to even sit on the toilet if you so dared) and the "jacuzzi", well, i wouldn't set foot in that thing if you paid me.
Check out was painless, i guess b/c we were so anxious to get out of that scum room. I actually was so grossed out i couldn't even shower in that room the next day. Everyone in our party of 9 rooms actually had one complaint or another about this place. To make matters worse, there is a "strip club" right across the street and you can tell the clientele uses the hotel. Once we ventured out on the boardwalk we were immediatly approached by a woman trying to sell us a timeshare in the hotel, and was pushing this tour on us. Within 2 minutes of walking out the door, we were approached by 3 people, one selling a time share, and 2 others either asking for money or trying to sell us fake gold. OK - not the hotels fault (well the woman trying to sell the timeshare was) but it just shows the area when you walk out the door. We previously stayed at the Tropicana and the Borgata. Both experiences were top notch, and needless to say for our next vacation we will stick to the big casinos.
Just don't stay here. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank phillygirl75
Reviewed November 2, 2006

This hotel has a good location, directly on the boardwalk and a short walk from the Taj Mahal, is well kept up, a nice outdoor pool on an upper floor. Parking is tight but unless you're coming and going frequently by car it isn't a factor. I've read a lot about the slow elevators, but since we weren't there on a weekend, not in the summer, it was ok. I'd highly recomment this place if you're looking for a nice spot to sleep, no restaurants except one tiny one on premises, and no casino on premises.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ffdoc2
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Don't stay at this hotel. My boss booked me and 3 other employees at this hotel because of a Bakery convention that was being held on Oct.21-23. She booked 2 studio suites but through 2 separate travel places so 2 employees had to check in downstairs and 2 employees had to check in upstairs. 1 reservation ended up being a timeshare room and the other a hotel room , I guess. We arrived early so the rooms were not ready at noon time. When we asked if we could pay in advance, the room was conveniently ready, but only the downstairs room. So we went to check it out before we left for the convention. The 1 bedroom suite was large enough but was very run down,peeling paint everywhere,cigarette burns on furnishings, filthy carpeting, and a couch in the living room that looked like it had been brought in from the boardwalk taken from a homeless person. Underneath the cushions was very soiled. We took pictures of it because we were so grossed out by it. We told the women at the desk about the couch and she said she would call maintanence.He said he was going to clean it! Oh my god , this thing needed to be thrown away! We came back later and he put a sheet over the stain and left it as is. Like in the August review, no clock in room,no breakfast ,no coffee, and the brothel next door had hookers coming in and out of the front door. The other room was very small and pull out bed was unmade.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank paulabc2
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This is a get what you pay for deal. There is nothing outstanding about this hotel, but then again if you need a bed for the night and don't want to take out a bank loan, this will serve its purpose.
The staff are pretty miserable, but we didn't need to deal with them. Good size room and very clean, perfect for a base. Good location on the boardwalk. Free parking which is a bonus!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jammos
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We booked this place as a last minute through our timeshare RCI. It was perfect for two people. Very spacious large open windows you can see the whole Atlantic City Boardwalk. Great access to all the local casinos, walking distance. The bedroom was small, queen size only, full kitchen, granite counter tops, very modern TV area & large. Bathroom was large, shower & jacuzzi, I thought the bathroom could have been cleaner. Lousy towels, we had to ask for more and only stayed 3 nights. No continental breakfast. Overall is was nice, across the boardwalk was the ocean, beautiful, the boardwalks were like mini NY shops everything cheap. We ate at the casinos, dunkin donuts like 4 buildings away from this hotel. Great to rest our heads, and hang outside, we arrived late at night they have a small dingy parking garage kind of scary at first. We did eat breakfast at the hotels rest. it was reasonsable and good. This place is more for couples I wouldn't bring the kids to Atlantic city.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank terriann1111