Message from TripAdvisor:

Atlantic Palace Suites
Northern NJ
“Decent”
Reviewed October 22, 2006

This is a get what you pay for deal. There is nothing outstanding about this hotel, but then again if you need a bed for the night and don't want to take out a bank loan, this will serve its purpose.
The staff are pretty miserable, but we didn't need to deal with them. Good size room and very clean, perfect for a base. Good location on the boardwalk. Free parking which is a bonus!!

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jammos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Thai first
CT
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We booked this place as a last minute through our timeshare RCI. It was perfect for two people. Very spacious large open windows you can see the whole Atlantic City Boardwalk. Great access to all the local casinos, walking distance. The bedroom was small, queen size only, full kitchen, granite counter tops, very modern TV area & large. Bathroom was large, shower & jacuzzi, I thought the bathroom could have been cleaner. Lousy towels, we had to ask for more and only stayed 3 nights. No continental breakfast. Overall is was nice, across the boardwalk was the ocean, beautiful, the boardwalks were like mini NY shops everything cheap. We ate at the casinos, dunkin donuts like 4 buildings away from this hotel. Great to rest our heads, and hang outside, we arrived late at night they have a small dingy parking garage kind of scary at first. We did eat breakfast at the hotels rest. it was reasonsable and good. This place is more for couples I wouldn't bring the kids to Atlantic city.

• Liked — Close to everything/walking distance
  • Disliked — Bedroom to small/Linens not the best quality
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your own milk for coffee & tea/snacks/stainless refrig/stove
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank terriann1111
Philadelphia,PA
Reviewed October 8, 2006

This is a wonderful hotel with all of the necessary amenities. Don't bother wasting your money on expensive casino hotel rooms, this one is only 5 minutes away and it is beautiful.

1 Thank topcop1018
New Freedom,Pa
Reviewed October 4, 2006

My family recently went to Atlantic City to celebrate our son's 21st birthday. We booked two rooms. One for our young adults and one for us. Since we were paying the entire bill for this outing we were looking for something reasonable in price. We read the reviews and were a little nervous about booking but we liked the price and thought the location would be perfect. We were very happy with our decision and will plan to stay there again! True, it is not the Borgata, the rooms are dated but were large, clean and the view was great. A few small amenities could be added to make it better....alarm clock and a bigger TV. Our son had a great time.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank PennaMOM
new york
Reviewed September 14, 2006

Even though it may have not been in an ideal area, you couldnt beat looking out the window unto the ocean everyday. I enjoyed my stay, the staff were helpful, I felt safe.

I thought the downside was just waiting for the elevator.

to each their own, but I am really picky and I was happy.
I went to other "top notch" resorts and believe me, I wanted to leave the moment I got there..

This was a nice play

• Liked — the oceanview
  • Disliked — the elevator
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Karenkmf
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2006

As soon as I walked into the hotel and saw one of the hotel members at the check-in counter braiding another employee's hair I knew I was in trouble! This place was a disaster.

I waited quite a while for the elevator to come to take my group to the "penthouse". (I use the term "penthouse" as loosely!) We were in penthouse 3004. It had two big bedrooms, a kitchen with a microwave and large refridgerator and admittedly a nice view of the ocean. It also had a large sliding glass door in both the bedroom and the living room that would have had spectacular views of the ocean. I would not know because they were SEALED! I think it is ridiculous to have a large wraparound balcony there as a tease when you are not able to access it. When I called the front desk to inquire as to how to open the doors (at first I thought they were just locked), they advised that they had been sealed for insurance purposes! How ridiculous! That is a perfect example of this hotel.

Another example is that there are signs everywhere advising you that if you remove things from the room you will be charged on your bill. If you require an iron, an alarm clock, etc. you must go to the front desk and sign them out. I suppose a lot of theives stay in this hotel.

This hotel looks like it was nice in the 80's but has not been maintained at all. The "artwork" in our suite was faded and in a plastic gold frame. This place was just dingy and old.

If you are looking for something clean or nice, I would suggest that you stay elsewhere.

• Liked — cheap and close to gambling
  • Disliked — dirty, dingy rooms
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
10 Thank Pamela B

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 2, 2006

well i stayed there for 5 days. it was the most relaxing vacation i've had in awhile. my room had a huge bathtub and and a view of the boardwalk and ocean. laying out by the pool with an ocean view was fabulous. the staff was very kind and helpful. i've stayed there twice now and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple