Message from TripAdvisor:

Atlantic Palace Suites
Seaford, New York
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I recently returned from a four-night stay. If you are looking for 5-star hotel/casino accommodations, where the staff waits on you "hand & foot", do not stay here. If you want clean, comfortable accommodations, this is your place. I honestly cannot understand some of the poor reviews, other than by people who expect the world and find "average".

We did not reserve and pay for hotel accommodations; this was a timeshare exchange (which we have done for years elsewhere), but I would imagine the rooms for paid accommodations here are the same. We stayed in a studio, which was small, but not unexpected. It consisted of a small kitchen area with cabinets, small sink, small refrigerator, dishes, etc. Also, a small table, couch, bed, TV, all in the same area. Bathroom was fine, jacuzzi tub a little outdated but the shower worked fine. Average fitness area & game room.

Hotel staff was fine: Courteous & accommodating but, again, not doing cartwheels for us. You do pay for parking in their garage ($6 a night) and, yes, it is tight but I went to upper levels and found a corner spot that fit just fine (small SUV).

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello atcflyer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Atlantic Palace. We are delighted you found the accommodations clean and comfortable. We appreciate your comments regarding the staff as we do aim to share happiness with all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This hotel was very nice with the mini kitchen and fridge that really added a plus. Our only complaint about the room the bed was broken, the frame was cracked in two. My husband placed it back on the frame (old metal frames) and we were able to make it work. We did let the front desk know when we checked out. It was room 3006.

The room and the bathroom were very big! We had a wonderful ocean view as well as a great hotel view!! The room was very clean. They supply dish soap, paper towels, and some condiments (salt & pepper). I would suggest bringing your own paper plates and paper cups. There are glass ones in the room, but I really didn't feel like washing dishes.

Room Tip: bring paper cups
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello Monique G,

Thank you for sharing your review of Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are happy you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the tremendous ocean views. We appreciate your thorough feedback, and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlantic City.
Pennsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family stayed here because we were in town for an event. The casino room prices were outrageous and we needed to be close to the Boardwalk. The location of this hotel and the price were the determining factors in our selection. We booked through BJs travel website.

First impression was from trying to park in the garage. After pulling into the garage, the attendant asked us if we had checked in yet, which we hadn't. We had to back out of the garage and pull up further to the hotel, which all could have been avoided had a sign been placed at the entrance to the garage asking guests to check in before parking. As my wife checked us in, I watched a half dozen other people do the same thing. The attendant must enjoy repeating the same question over and over. While on the subject, the garage is dirty, cramped and has no elevator. As a hotel guest, you pay $12 a day to park in the garage. Not having an elevator doesn't seem like a big deal until you carry your bags up and down 4 floors to get to the hotel.

The check in process was uneventful and the staff were pleasant. There are 3 elevators that take you upstairs and we didn't experience any long waits getting from floor to floor. There are no amenities at the hotel. The lobby is just people going in and out to the elevators.

The room was tastefully decorated. We were on the 24th floor with a beautiful view. The hotel's website is what I believe to be purposefully vague on a few details. First, there is no wall or separation for the bedroom, the room is all one big room except for the bathroom. Secondly, the only Internet access is wireless that costs $7 a day PER DEVICE. There is no wired Internet access that you could use to set up your own router. We ended up not using it because that is a total rip off in my opinion. Begin rant: what hotel in 2014 thinks you should pay for internet access?!: End rant.

Other room items of note:
1. As one reviewer mentioned previously, there is no thermostat in the room. You get to choose between heat and A/C, no temperature, so the noisy fan runs constantly. We never got the room warm, the air was lukewarm out of the vents.

2. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

3. The bathroom: inexplicably, the room is remodeled but they left the jacuzzi tub from 1991 in the bathroom. Not only is stepping into it a challenge (high tub walls, very slippery floor), but there are no controls for the jacuzzi. I saw that the rooms were advertised with a jacuzzi tub. Technically, that is true, but don't think that you are going to enjoy it as anything other than a regular bath tub. The shower head reduces the water flow so badly that it is difficult to rinse your hair. There are double sinks in granite counters which were very nice. Lastly, the bathroom is on an outside wall so if it is fall or winter, the bathroom is 10 degrees colder than the room, which already never got warm.

4. The kitchen had a nearly full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster, plenty of cabinet space, granite counters and some basic place settings. Everything was relatively new.

In summary, I want a clean, secure, quiet location with a comfortable bed and I mostly had that at this hotel. The shower experience was a disappointment as was the temperature. Paying to park and for internet access was annoying. For anyone wanting to use the beach or walk the Boardwalk, the location would be a plus. Overall, I probably would not stay here again unless the decision was purely based on price, as was the case this time.

Room Tip: 2410 was our room. The higher the floor, the better the view and the more likely it has been remodel...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeffrey H
Hello Jeffrey H,

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are pleased you enjoyed the location and the views. However, we regret to learn not all aspects of your stay and the accommodations met your expectations. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.
Cambridge City, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed for two nights. The room was clean and nicely remodeled. The view was beautiful. We had a corner room so we could see the ocean and a southern view of the boardwalk.

The beds were comfortable and there were soft and more stiffer ones which was nice for the option.

There is no thermostat. Just a switch for AC or heat. It ran the entire time and always felt like cold air.

There is plenty of storage space.

The bathroom was the only place that seemed to need help. When I first turned the sink on the pipes sounded like a vacuum cleaner and brown water poured out for several minutes. This did not happen in the shower.

There is now a mirror in the shower where the open window used to be. Kinda weird. The spa tub was so deep that there is no way for someone with mobility issues to get in to take a shower.

The location is a 5-10 minute walk from a casino. We didn't walk because it was too cold.

There is a deli on site tat served a great breakfast, be it on paper plates with plastic silverware.

Unlike other complaints, I had no issues with the staff. Checkin was smooth and pleasant, and the security officers were very helpful.

I am a Bluegreen owner, so my review is for those rooms. I cannot speak for the Hotels rooms or the other timeshare.

Room Tip: The higher up, the better the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello redbarnphoto,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. Your feedback as a Bluegreen owner is important to us. We are pleased you enjoyed the remodeled room and found it clean and comfortable. We will review your comments regarding the bathroom for any improvements. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next resort visit.
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was very excited to be staying at the Bluegreen at the Atlantic Palace. Judging by the pictures online, the place looked beautiful. When I arrived the facility was very nice. I spoke with the security guard before the front desk and was made aware that I had two rooms booked when I only needed one. I had a feeling this was going to happen because on January 15th I called the Bluegreen to confirm my reservation and they said there was nothing on file and perhaps my reservation with Expedia did not go through. I then made a reservation with Hotels.com on their recommendation. To my dismay I was then presented with two rooms at my arrival. I tried to explain my situation to the women at the front desk and was met with attitude and disrespect. I was told I have to call the travel site that I used to figure this out. I then left and explained the situation to my boyfriend, almost in tears because of how rude they were. He went inside to get clarification and was verbally harassed. After the abuse he was given the number to the reservations department, they were very kind and very helpful. When I went back inside with my confirmation that one room had been canceled, I was again met with harassment and the women saying my boyfriend was rude and it was not their fault. In my opinion and from my experience with working in the costumer service area, the customer is always right and if they are not you grin and bare it and help them as much as possible. These women were horrific. I was so put off by them that I did not want to go near the front desk my entire stay.
Now it has been two weeks and I have not received my money back. When I called to ask for assistance on how I go about receiving that or who I should contact, Tanya, again treated me horribly and gave me attitude.
Overall, the room was beautiful and the view was amazing, but a first impression can never be repeated therefore, I regret my stay at the Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank HeatherM5287
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello HeatherM5287,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We regret to learn your experience did not leave you with a more favorable impression. We are committed to excellence in customer service. We will certainly be looking further into your concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com to provide additional details. Thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We got this hotel for 2 nights in August and mainly chose it due to the price (saved about $150 compared to other hotels nearby) We had a partial sea view so can't complain too much. Felt the rooms needed a spruce up, bathroom was clean but could be updated. Other than that it was fine for what we paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leanne P
Hello Leanne P,

Thank you for staying with us at Atlantic Palace. We are pleased you found the property a good value. We hope to welcome you back on your next holiday.
Drexel Hill, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

If I could vote a 3.5 I would.

I selected this property due to its relative budget price compared to the casino-hotels located on the Boardwalk. I snagged a room for $120 for one night, but it was the Saturday night after Valentine's Day, so considering all of that the room price was reasonable.

Check-in was fine. Parking was challenging. As a guest you get free access to a parking space in the property's garage, and the garage presents some challenges. First challenge is that the garage is compact. The garage was probably built to stuff as many vehicles in the garage in a small a place as possible. The result is that parking spaces are very close and fairly difficult to get in and out of while trying to avoid other parked cars, cars entering and exiting the garage at the same time and poles. The second challenge is that there is no elevator to take you from the property's lobby floor to the floor of the garage where you are parked. I'm healthy and was able to climb four flights with no problem, but others may be challenged by the lack of an elevator in the garage.

In the property the three elevators seemed to be sufficient to get guests up and down without long waits. My room was on the 20th floor, and one of the walls of the room was a completely glassed view of the Boardwalk and Atlantic Ocean to the north of the property. The view was splendid.

The room itself was clean and resembled a suite-hotel room with a kitchenette. The room had a double bed and a foldout leatherette couch. The TV was flat screen and had a good selection of cable channels.

I would have preferred a queen-sized bed, but given the dimensions of the room, perhaps that size would have been too large.

The temperature control in our room worked well. Too well. My son turned up the heat before we retired and I woke up 3 hours later in a sweat, turning the system off. Later on, it became cold so I turned it back on again. So, the heating system worked very well. Just make sure that you turn the thermostat to a level to which you are comfortable before you retire for the evening and you should be fine.

The bathroom was stocked with a few bottles of shampoo, body lotion, conditioner and lots of towels. The towels were very nice and thirsty.

The tub was a Jacuzzi type with a shower. This was not a romantic getaway, so I just showered. The shower itself earned my three stars out of three (temperature, water pressure, drainage). The one uncomfortable part was that the wall of the shower was mirrored (I suppose for more romantic stays), and I wasn't really comfortable looking at myself while showering! :)

To recap, the property was comfortable, well placed on the Boardwalk, had a tremendous view from our room (on the 20th floor) and was reasonably priced. A larger bed would have been nice, as would an elevator in the garage, but if those are my only criticisms, that's not too bad!

Room Tip: The higher the elevation the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello bgluckma,

Thank you for sharing your review of Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are happy you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the tremendous view. Thank you again for your thorough feedback, and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlantic City.