Message from TripAdvisor:

Atlantic Palace Suites
Minster, United Kingdom
“Booked for price”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We got this hotel for 2 nights in August and mainly chose it due to the price (saved about $150 compared to other hotels nearby) We had a partial sea view so can't complain too much. Felt the rooms needed a spruce up, bathroom was clean but could be updated. Other than that it was fine for what we paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leanne P
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Leanne P,

Thank you for staying with us at Atlantic Palace. We are pleased you found the property a good value. We hope to welcome you back on your next holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Thai first
Drexel Hill, PA
Reviewed February 16, 2014

If I could vote a 3.5 I would.

I selected this property due to its relative budget price compared to the casino-hotels located on the Boardwalk. I snagged a room for $120 for one night, but it was the Saturday night after Valentine's Day, so considering all of that the room price was reasonable.

Check-in was fine. Parking was challenging. As a guest you get free access to a parking space in the property's garage, and the garage presents some challenges. First challenge is that the garage is compact. The garage was probably built to stuff as many vehicles in the garage in a small a place as possible. The result is that parking spaces are very close and fairly difficult to get in and out of while trying to avoid other parked cars, cars entering and exiting the garage at the same time and poles. The second challenge is that there is no elevator to take you from the property's lobby floor to the floor of the garage where you are parked. I'm healthy and was able to climb four flights with no problem, but others may be challenged by the lack of an elevator in the garage.

In the property the three elevators seemed to be sufficient to get guests up and down without long waits. My room was on the 20th floor, and one of the walls of the room was a completely glassed view of the Boardwalk and Atlantic Ocean to the north of the property. The view was splendid.

The room itself was clean and resembled a suite-hotel room with a kitchenette. The room had a double bed and a foldout leatherette couch. The TV was flat screen and had a good selection of cable channels.

I would have preferred a queen-sized bed, but given the dimensions of the room, perhaps that size would have been too large.

The temperature control in our room worked well. Too well. My son turned up the heat before we retired and I woke up 3 hours later in a sweat, turning the system off. Later on, it became cold so I turned it back on again. So, the heating system worked very well. Just make sure that you turn the thermostat to a level to which you are comfortable before you retire for the evening and you should be fine.

The bathroom was stocked with a few bottles of shampoo, body lotion, conditioner and lots of towels. The towels were very nice and thirsty.

The tub was a Jacuzzi type with a shower. This was not a romantic getaway, so I just showered. The shower itself earned my three stars out of three (temperature, water pressure, drainage). The one uncomfortable part was that the wall of the shower was mirrored (I suppose for more romantic stays), and I wasn't really comfortable looking at myself while showering! :)

To recap, the property was comfortable, well placed on the Boardwalk, had a tremendous view from our room (on the 20th floor) and was reasonably priced. A larger bed would have been nice, as would an elevator in the garage, but if those are my only criticisms, that's not too bad!

Room Tip: The higher the elevation the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello bgluckma,

Thank you for sharing your review of Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are happy you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed the tremendous view. Thank you again for your thorough feedback, and we hope to welcome you back on a future visit to Atlantic City.
Vineland
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We live 40 minutes away but we are Bluegreen owners and get this for bonus time rates. On a weekend you can't touch rooms at the casino hotels for under $200 a night and that is for low end. As owners we only paid $59 per night :) We've stayed here twice now. Once last summer and the air conditioning didn't work and it was uncomfortable. This stay was much better and the heater worked great! We were on the 26th floor and had fantastic ocean views. The bathrooms are dated but to be honest....we didn't spend much time in the room since it's AC and there is too much to do in the casinos. I would recommend this if you are a Bluegreen owner but not sure it would be worth your time at higher rates. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello vcross1234,

Thank you for returning to Atlantic Palace and sharing your experience. We are pleased you had a better second stay and enjoyed the ocean views. Thank you for the recommendation as a Bluegreen owner. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit.
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

The heat wasn't working in our first room. They moved us. Still was cold. Had to take a shower to get warm. Also one person we dealt with had a bad attitude. We are owners with Bluegreen but this is not up to their standards. Only upside it's no pressure to attend meetings where they pressure you to buy more time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello jude9942,

We are sorry to learn about your disappointing experience at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We would like to look further into this. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to provide further details. Thank you for your feedback as a Bluegreen owner.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I always like to read some other reviews before posting mine.

I must clarify that Atlantic Palace has 2 different facilities in one building.
In one wing, they have a hotel. In the other, they have condo apartments.
So, for the reviewers that say “it didn’t feel like a hotel” it is because they were not in a hotel.

I went with my wife and 22 y/o son.
We got a 1-bedroom apartment.
The layout was excellent for us.
There was a kitchenette, main area (living room) and a bedroom.
Much better for the 3 of us than a traditional hotel room which would just be one room.

This was a very casual little getaway (it’s just Atlantic City after all).
So, staying up late, sleeping late, etc is fun. No tour to catch early in the AM.
We like to eat at many places. So, it’s great to be able to bring back leftovers.
Having a fridge, microwave and table at which to eat are great for that.

Having a Murphy Bed in the living room was ideal.
My son has his own place to sleep and it didn’t mean sacrificing the couch.

The bathroom was large and comfortable.
There was both a tub and a stall shower.

We had a great view of the ocean.
There was a game room with everything from pool and air hockey tables to classic 80s video games.

It’s ON the boardwalk. So, you can get to whatever casino you like, quickly and easily.

This place COULD be a very nice alternative to the traditional places.
More amenities for less money.

However, there were too many problems with our stay for me to be able to give this place a good review.

As other reviewers have pointed out, Atlantic Palace takes a $100 deposit for “damages”.
There are multiple notices in the room telling guests about the things for which they might be charged – $50 for not washing dishes that you use, $350 for cleaning if you smoke in the room, etc.

I do NOT object to any of this. There is a dishwasher. So, washing up is not any inconvenience at all. We don’t smoke and are glad if they discourage others from doing so.
So, it actually sounded good to us. They seemed to have strict rules for keeping things clean and in good repair.

But things were not in good repair at all.
The very first time we turned on the kitchen sink, the water came right out the bottom and onto the floor.

A maintenance man did come fairly quickly afer we called and he did fix it.
But that’s an hour out of our day that we would have liked not to lose.

During our stay, we had to adjust the toilet tank several times.
It would just keep going after a flush (sorry about having to include such things).

When we ran the dishwasher on the last day, it too spilled all over the floor.
I mentioned to the person at the desk that if both sink and dishwasher had leaks, the pluming in that room must really need an overhaul and they should tend to it.
She told me that they were actually on 2 different lines and it was therefore, not an issue in the room itself. Even worse! 2 different lines with leaks?

Plus the bathroom??

Saturday night, we got back to the room around 10:15.
After a few minutes, we heard a ruckus next door.
I went over to see what was up and make sure I could get it stopped before bedtime.

The door was open, so I went in.
There was a whole team of people doing construction.
I asked what was going on (as in “why is this happening at this hour?”).
One guy asked me “oh, are you next door?” Duh! No, me and my flip flops are from the building dept. let me see your permit....

If your doing renovations on apt #10, don’t rent out #9 or #11.
Don’t rent out #10 on the floor above or below.
And unless the whole floor is empty (plus the one above and below) don’t do construction past 6PM!

It was also pretty ironic to so many people doing construction late at night (giving the impression that keeping the place in great condition was a top priority) when my room was coming apart at the seems!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Excalibur_NYC
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello Excalibur_NYC,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are pleased you found the condo-style accommodations a nice alternative to traditional hotel rooms. We are happy you enjoyed the location and the views. However, we regret to learn not all aspects of your stay met your expectations. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.
NJ
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, parking, good location and what a view from the 23 floor. And a good price compared to the casino hotels. Clean, comfortable bed, In room kitchenette. Can' give it 5 stars because it a little dated, but it has everything we needed and would stay there again

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kingfun8
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello Kingfun8,

Thank you for staying with us at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace and sharing your experience. We are thrilled you enjoyed the location and found the staff to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlantic City.
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. It was wonderful, and we would definitely go back. Our timeshare trade was for a week, but we could only stay for 3 nights. We wish we could have stayed longer.

I must admit, I was VERY worried after reading several reviews with lots of negatives about the resort. Hesitantly, we decided to give it a chance.

We were given a very spacious unit on the 26th floor with amazing views of the boardwalk and ocean! The views were simply breathtaking. I enjoyed the view a lot, daytime and nighttime. The room was an updated room. It was nicely decorated. The small kitchen was perfect for us while we were there. It also had a large bathroom.

The beds were a little on the harder side. Firm mattress, definitely. Maybe brand new?? But nothing that made our stay miserable. I would say that the large tub with jets and the surrounding area was our only negative. The water pressure was great in the shower. But the way the water hit the side of the oversized tub caused the water to leak out of the tub and the surrounding area was not the greatest. The tiles by the floor were falling off. There were some grout issues. Put it this way, I would not sit and soak in that jetted tub, but for a shower it was fine.

The staff at Bluegreen was wonderful. The people behind the counter were fantastic and friendly. Adrien at the desk was so helpful and an asset to the company. A security guard with the same name was also very friendly and helpful, always politely welcoming us, and calling us a cab when needed.

The resort is located on the boardwalk, about a 5 minute walk to Bally's. The door to the boardwalk locks at 11, but you can just walk down the ramp on the side of the building to the main door after hours.

Of course, the pool was closed, since it's an outdoor pool, but I'm sure it's a nice spot when the weather is warmer. We would definitely like to go back and experience this great place in the warmer weather, but would also go back for a quick winter getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bestmomever
Hello bestmomever,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are happy you enjoyed the spacious unit and views of the boardwalk and ocean. Thank you for your compliments regarding the staff as we aim to share happiness with all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back for a longer stay in the future.