“Excellent stay at Atlantic Palace Suites!”

Atlantic Palace Suites
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have written many reviews for Trip Advisor and I always research my vacations by reading what other travellers are saying. I researched this place a little longer,as the reviews were so mixed. However,they mostly were folks who took exception to all the rules and notices on the walls. I have no issue with my deposit being taken out before I arrive(not unusual), I have no issue with a warning about too many people in a room(not unusual) I have no issue with a "noise" restriction(not unusual) Yes,there are a lot of rules...but I liked that. Rules usually begin because of issues that happen. I felt the hotel was being pro-active and that gave me a sense of confidence that this would not be a "party-house" type of atmosphere for my holiday.
People really need to understand there is the hotel side(Atlantic Palace Suites) and there is a condo side(Blue Green) Now that I have been,I see that the reviews are not always talking about the correct section.
For the hotel,you come in the front door and DO NOT go to the front desk on the left(that is the Blue Green condo) You go down the hall and there is a small office on the right,by the restaurant. The Security gentleman kindly walked me down and showed me exactly where it was. Check In was quick and easy...very friendly and helpful.He went through the bill and gave me copies of everything.There is a CASH key deposit,but I knew beforehand when I reserved here. You get the cash back when you check out.
You then go to the Security desk and get your FREE parking pass (YES, it is free for the hotel) It must be the condo folks who are complaining that they had to pay.
Yes, there is a low overhead,but we had no problem finding a spot and there was no issue parking(we didnt find it too tight) The first level is for handicapped parking.We were there 4 days and never a problem.
The elevator wasn't too slow..just the normal for a high rise hotel. The halls were showing their age a little,but not unlike many hotels we have stayed in.
Walking into our room on the 21st floor took our breath away. All you see is ocean. The windows are the full expanse of the room...STUNNING!!! You look down and you see the boardwalk. At night,it is so pretty to see all the casino lights. Hated leaving our room-probably the most breathtaking view of any hotel we have stayed in!
The room was exactly as we expected,a studio with all the ammenities we needed. Loved the kitchenette, as we were able to have breakfast every morning,to save on expenses.We sat in front of the massive window each day with our morning coffee.Full size fridge.
The bathroom was very nice with jetted tub,lots of hot water.Towells changed daily.
The bed was comfortable,pillows great,black out shades on the windows made for a good sleep...no noise ever.
There are laundry facilities on several floor,which we utilized on our last day.
The front desk staff(even the staff on the condo-side) were very helpful with all our questions and asking for directions.
We could not get into our room one night(problem with the bolt mechanism) and it was dealt with immediately by the manager,maintenance and security. All were apologetic for the problem and fixed it quickly.
We would absolutely return,as it was a perfect 4 day stay.(We never smelled anything in the lobby???) It is right on the boardwalk and in the middle of everything. You use the back door and it lets you out right onto the boardwalk. After 11 PM,you just have to walk to the front door-no big deal.
Loved this place!!!

Room Tip: High up and facing the ocean...stunning view!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Landrys05

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I must say up front that the young lady at the front desk, Keesha, had a wonderful smiling countenance and did all she could to make my stay acceptable. Unfortunately she wasn't on duty 24/7. I found the studio to be very awkward and uncomfortable. The kitchen is okay except that the cupboards with the dishes are very high and, if you are under six feet, you need the step stool from the closet to get to them. I knew there was no oven and the stove burners and microwave were adequate for me. One peculiar thing that annoyed me, was that the floor was made up of large greyish tiles, except for a couple of smaller white diamond shaped ones. I can't tell you how many times I started to lean down to pick up the "paper" I thought I'd dropped. I was sort of counting on a table that I could sit at and spread out some work I brought with me. Unfortunately, in my studio (don't know if it's the same in all), the "table" was a big square block, about 4' square. It was composed of two tiers. The top tier was recessed from the main table space by about "15 inches and held a large box with an RCA CRT TV. The box turned in all directions to allow TV viewing from anywhere in the room. However, it also made most of the table unusable. All you were left with were two side areas, 15" deep, for eating or working. Very cramped. But the most uncomfortable thing were the chairs supplied for the table. They were padded but had high arms and a very straight back, plus, the seat area was short so that even my short legs were "cut" at mid thigh. I called down to ask if they had some sort of desk chair but at the time the woman at the desk just said they were full but she'd check. I never heard another word. They did, however, respond quickly to my need for a new floor lamp when mine fell apart and for a can opener when I discovered there was none. The bed was okay. The couch was comfortable. The noise level was acceptable. One thing I had been looking forward to was hearing the ocean from my room. I didn't count on not being able to open windows. Because of this and the general awkward layout, I felt sort of claustrophobic in this room. I certainly would not recommend it for more than two people. Closet space is minimal and there are only three small drawers in the side of the "table." I was on the 11th floor so perhaps the room has not been renovated? In any case, you could probably find more comfortable lodging elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here, make sure to get at least a 1 bedroom instead of a small studio.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sbordocj
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hello sbordocj,

Thank you for staying with us at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We appreciate your compliments regarding Keasha at the Front Desk as we aim to share happiness with all of guests. However, we regret to learn your stay did not meet your expectations. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to share any additional details or to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm not sure where everyone that left great reviews was staying, but it couldn't have been Atlantic Palace.

1. The lobby (is being renovated) but smelled like burnt hair or burnt cheese for most of the stay.

2. Checking in- you check in at one desk and walk across the small lobby to stand in another line to get your parking pass. Heaven forbid you need two, because you'll need to go stand in line at the check in desk again to get the second one.

3. Don't forget to tip the Bell Hops.... Whoops- I didn't grab cash out of my purse in time for the bell hop so he stormed out and yelled, "WE WORK ON TIPS!!!". Yeah... ok, your winning customer service must be your money maker.

4. 12th Floor- The carpet outside the room next to us was held in place by duct tape.

5. The room - the carpet was gross and stained. There were stains on the wall which we could only assume was vomit... We hope it wasnt. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had mildewy tiles. The showers and windows dripped non-stop. The windows did not leak, but the rain drips between panes were extremely audible. The walls were thin and we could hear the drunks yelling from the boardwalk all hours of the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adkins_jen
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Hello Adkins_jen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We regret to learn our resort did not leave you with a more favorable impression. Sharing happiness, outstanding service, and quality accommodations are our highest priorities. We would like to further discuss your particular experience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here in early October and let me start off by saying that I had used a Groupon for the weekend, so I was banking on us not getting the best of the best room. I had read all the reviews and knew some of the rooms were being renovated. Well, we did NOT get one of those rooms. We stayed on the 10th floor. Our room was a studio suite and was dark and kind of dingy. It definitely needed a renovation. There was no dresser either so we used the windowsill to put everything on. The pillows had some sort of plastic wrapping in them, making them really noisy and not comfortable at all. And the bed wasn't the best, the slightest move from one person on the bed and you felt it. The kitchen looked really old and the fridge made the loudest noise throughout our stay. Also, the windows kept making noises like they weren't shut all the way, however I don't even think you can open them. The bathroom was dark, there wasn't a light over the toilet so you felt like you were in this weird closet since it was sectioned off. They could use a fan and a larger vanity. The tub was nice and clean except for the unsightly hair that was sitting on the side of the tub! The TV was newer and that was a nice touch. The view was really nice so that was a nice perk too. If you want to use the entrance from the boardwalk, be prepared to take your time. We tried several times to use our key to get us back in while it was POURING rain. One of the rickshaw guys came over to try and help us - he knew the doors had issues with other people but it still wouldn't work so we had to run around the side. That was a pain in the butt. It was nice to have free parking but don't drive a large vehicle - the garage is super tiny and if you've got one person driving down and one driving up, you're at a standstill. I will say that everyone who worked there was super kind. The guy who checked me in was very friendly and everyone said Hi when we walked by. It was in a nice location on the boardwalk, walking distance to everything. Overall we made the best of it and had a wonderful time - we actually ended up buying our own pillows at Brookstone so we could have a good nights sleep! I would not stay there again unless it was inexpensive.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello kc102,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are happy you enjoyed the location and found the resort staff very friendly. However, we do regret to learn your experience did not meet your expectations. Bluegreen believes in sharing happiness and providing outstanding accommodations and service to all of our owners and guests. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to share additional comments and discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been coming here for quite a few years, and I am glad to see some remodeling taking place. I must say though, since they have changed the rooms and studios, the place doesn't hold the same appeal that it used to. I loved having a studio on the 20th floor with an ocean view...and being able to see it from the tub across the room. Now, it seems like the layouts are more awkward and it isn't quite as clean or fresh in the rooms. It's definitely not terrible, just not as good as it was before the new management. Regardless, it is one of the cleaner and nicer places in AC and the pool and hot tub are a welcome treat after cruising the boardwalk all day.

Room Tip: Make sure to go above 19th floor and ask for Oceanfront. The lower floors are more prone to music t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Hello BenThere58323,

Thank you for returning to Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace and reviewing your stay. We are happy you find the resort to be one of the cleaner and nicer properties in Atlantic City. We regret to learn that some of the remodeling does not appeal to you. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to share additional details. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back and share happiness on your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I must admit that I was a bit cautious when we arrived as the lobby is being refurbished and it seemed a little worse for wear.
But when we walked into our room - it was a real wow moment! We were on the 17th floor and we overlooked the ocean - it was the most beautiful view.
The room was huge - spotlessly clean and the bed and pillows really comfy. We had a small kitchenette - which was very convenient as we were on a road trip.
The hotel is right on the boardwalk - so convenient to everything Atlantic City has to offer.
Parking wasn't a problem as the hotel have their own car park - so you can park for free.
Would definitely return if we visit Atlantic City again.

Room Tip: We had 1745 - uninterrupted view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqui K
BluegreenCares, Manager at Atlantic Palace Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello Jacqui K,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We do hope that the renovations did not cause you to much inconvenience. We are thrilled that any misgivings were alleviated when seeing the amazing view from your room. We are glad that you found the room spotlessly clean and convenient. We truly hope that you will return to see us on your return to Atlantic City so that we may Share Happiness with you nad your family again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

You have everything you need. Kitchen, good beds, pool and close to the beach and the promenade with casinos. View was fantastic. Only bad thing is that since it's so many floors and apartments it takes forever to take the elevator, you have to wait about 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Hello caek1,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Bluegreen at Atlantic Palace. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the proximity to the beach and area attractions. We are happy that the accommodations and amenities suited your needs as we aim to provide a home away from home. We do hope that you will come visit us again on your next visit to Atlantic City.