Message from TripAdvisor:

“Fantastic View From A Large, Renovated Room”

Atlantic Palace Suites
Mamaroneck, New York
“Fantastic View From A Large, Renovated Room”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here one Saturday night in March, 2013. The rooms were being updated so I requested a renovated room and was given one. I have no complaints about the room. It was large and tastefully renovated. There was a kitchenette, couch, and comfortable bed. The view from Room 2705 was fantastic. It was a wall of windows facing the ocean. The front desk and security employees were all pleasant and helpful. I never had to wait to speak to someone at the front desk. One of the three elevators was out of order the day I checked out so there were quite a few guests on each floor waiting to board the two functioning elevators. I assume the elevator issue isn't a common occurrence. There is a diner on the ground level of the hotel that looks like a hole-in-the-wall but actually had a good breakfast, good coffee, and was reasonably priced. The hotel is also conveniently located in the middle of the boardwalk so you don't have to walk too far in either direction to get to any of the casinos. I paid around $190 for one night. This was one of the lowest rates I could find for a room that was directly on the Atlantic City boardwalk. I would definitely consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms ending in "05" have a fantastic view. Room 2705 had a wall of windows overlookin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 945ChrisS945

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Thai first
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Bluegreen Atlanticc Place at least once a year. We've stayed in both out dated and updated rooms. The out dated room was nice and had all the amenities, even if they were outdated.

The updated room was absolutely fabulous! Regardless of which type of room you get, you will be too busy checking out the beautiful view from the window seat to focus on your room.

The only downside I found at the Atlantic Palace is the so-called "swimming pool." It's a kiddie pool. Only 4 feet deep, and maybe 20 feet wide, it's strickly for kids. Also, the hot tub is really a warm tub.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room on an upper level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RenaC160
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Okay, Im going to try and be as thorough as possible, as some of these reviews of this hotel are VERY off from what I experienced. The Blugreen at AP was recommened to my husband by one of his co-workers, and since I consider Trip Advisor to be my personla travel Bible, I was a little scared about what I may find once we checked in. I was pleasently surprised. We stayed 3 nites in room 2809.
Check in was very smooth, arrived @ 4:30, it took about 15 minutes, and we recvd a complimentary upgrade to a 1 bedroom, even though I booked a studio. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious,had a full size refrigertaor, dishwasher, 2 cooking burners,toaster and microwave.The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils, with the exception of a spatula, which I purchased from a nearby Family dollar. There is Save Alot about 4 blocks away. We did eat out, but i cooked at least one of our daily meals. I was told we recvd one of the recntly renovated rooms. Our room showed NO VISABLE signs of aging.The bathroom was fine, and included a jacuzzi tub and stand up shower. THE VIEW WAS AMAZING!!! And they have these window benches you can sit on to enjoy the view. Any time I spent in the room sitting on the benches and enjoying the ocean view. Who needs a TV with a view like this? I didn't, but the room had 2 nice big flat screen tv's if you do.
As far as I could see, the hotel was pretty much at full capacity, and yes they have 3 elevators, one of wich was broken.However we never waited more than 5 minutes for an elevator to come and we were on th 28th floor.
I dont understand why people say its in a bad neighborhood??!! Its on the boardwalk right next to BALLY's for goodness sakes!! One could make the argument that ALL of AC is in a bad neighborhood if you really want to be acurate.
Cons--if you can call them that:
The only rule we recvd was that this is a non-smoking hotel. There is no maid service unless you want to pay $50. I spent the weekend giving my hubby the slanted eye about him being messy =)
Im pretty sure it was a full bed and not a queen as advertised. My husband found the bed to be comfortable, I wanted it to be a bit more firm. (In defense of bluegreen, we have memory foam mattress, so im a little spoiled)

My husband and I are well travelled individuals, and we have stayed in places that have cost us 4X's as much, and didnt give us half of what we got at Blue Green @ Atlantic Palace. I wouldn't even CONSIDER staying ANYWHERE else while in AC, and I have been to AC at least 10 times and have stayed in almost as many places.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front, on a high floor. Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tiffany S
Thorndale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this property as a last minute getaway as a Bluegreen owner. You can clearly see as you enter the property that it is dated. I reserved a 2 bedroom unit for 5 days for my aunt and I. The goal here was just rest and relaxation, as we are not gamblers, and we saved money by eating in. The unit looked tired, but the large windows and views were the best part of the stay. In the master bedroom and the living area there are window seats where you can sit and just take in the views. The master is not as spacious as other Bluegreen properties and the shower is small, but the jetted tub is not exposed like in other properties, and you have some privacy and a nice large window to look out of and take in the views once again. I found the master bed to bed quite comfortable and there was a DVD player. The fitness room is adequate, the steam room and sauna were a nice addition, although once again dated. The pool area and hot tub were not open due to the season, but from what I can see the area looked inviting. That was the good, now for the not so good. Day 1 we found that the heat was not working and called for maintenance, which did come right away and got it working. The kitchen was poorly equipped; no proper sharp knives and there was not even a bowl to use to mix anything with. There is also no stove. Day 2 we tried the garbage disposal and that did not work either so we called maintenance again and someone came right away to fix it. We found that ALL the food we put in the refrigerator froze, and even though we tried to turn the refrigerator down, everything remained frozen. Apparently the bed in the 2nd bedroom is rather hard. Day 3 it was the TV in the master that was messed up. I called the front desk again, but apparently my request was lost because no one came until after 4 hours when I brought it to their attention again. Day 4 I was all excited to use the semi private jacuzzi tub, which you have to turn on by a dial near the bedroom door, and then get in; very inconvenient. The jets were literally so strong that it looked more like white water rafting than a relaxing experience. I turned the jets on and off twice to see if there was a difference, and there wasn't, and eventually decided not to use the jets because it looked that dangerous. My conclusion is that because this property is in Atlantic City it caters to gamblers who may not be paying too much attention to the accommodations, and/or don't use the kitchen as much and take advantage of the buffets. The staff were pleasant, it is right on the boardwalk, it was relatively quiet, and I would go back just to take in the views, but I would not expect much more than that.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better the views. Perhaps if you ask for an east facing room you can get th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank KMA_Adventures
upstae ny
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was clean. The view was good. We had a studio suit. Didnt like all the rules. Imediatly after booking they sent me laundry list of things not to do. Felt like I was house sitting for parents not enjoying relaxing vacation. Game room was cool though. Checkin went well and security was friendly. $50 charge for dirty coffee pot is crazy though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jabbathawhat
NYNY
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This property seems to have multiple personalities. The one I booked called itself Blue Green Resort at Atlantic Palace, and would probably have been described as a luxury 1 BR condo -- at one time. Now it is more like a long-in-the-tooth short-term rental. But with a dynamite view and not a dining table but a black jack dealer's table at a one-night rental of about $100, your place fits right in -- if you can scare up 3-4 more guys for a few friendly hands in the proper setting. The downside is that typical hotel services are not to be had, with the exception of a bellman. The elevator sign announces all kinds of features, including a first floor restaurant, but it's nowhere to be found. There are no interesting dining options within easy winter walking distance of this whatever-it-is, so we called a carry-out Italian restaurant that was expensive but not very good -- unless you prefer your caesar salad made with iceberg lettuce and your pasta cold. But all in all, don't bother with this place. For all in all, it's a dive!

Room Tip: Run the other way
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JamBaytraveler

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I booked two nights over President's Weekend. I had an uneasy feeling right away when we saw the run down, scary area it was in. My uneasy hunch continued as the check in area was in a small room with only one woman with absolutely NO Personality or sense of welcome conducted check ins. One of the waivers I had to sign was the $350 fee that would be charged to your CC if you smoke..........I get that as we do not smoke and people should be charged. Upon walking into the room - WE SMELL SMOKE...........we call the desk and the housekeeper was sent to check and claims she did not smell it but made note of it. Okay - the room was old and quite ugly, the foot of the bed was literally curled up. The ONLY plus was the beautiful ocean view. The real fun was after using the bathroom, the toilet overflowed........and I do not mean just came to the top and ran down - the water was running out as if there was a faucet running - the whole bathroom flooded within a minute. The entire room would have been flooded if my husband did not shut off the main water supply. We did get our money back and left..............NEVER AGAIN WILL I LOOK FOR BARGAIN LODGING!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple