Message from TripAdvisor:

Atlantic Palace Suites
Waterford, CT
“Dated but Nice”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fixtures and accessories very dated, however, the rooms were spotless, beds comfortable, staff friendly and accommodating (all except one security officer when we checked in), the free breakfast was an actual meal (a very good meal at that), sun deck and pool very nice, prime location on the boardwalk, and an absolutely spectacular ocean view from our rooms. The only true down falls are the doors to gain entrance to the hotel from the boardwalk and the elevators were very slow each morning at checkout time. It's a secured building, which is nice, but the room keys didn't always work to get us into the hotel. We were able to get in by walking around to the front, not a big deal for us. No problem sleeping, although the AC was also old and a bit loud. Overall, excellent value. After reviewing several locations, Atlantic Palace offered the most for the money.

Room Tip: 1705 & 1706 offered terrific ocean views although 1706 was the nicer, brighter of the two.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank April S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Thai first
Deer Park, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

First off I will say me and my wife were skeptical of this place due to alot of negative things we read . Such as customer service and parking and room conditions. We were quite shocked when we arrived and we had great customer service as soon as we checked in . We had a bellhop help us to our room on the 8th floor. He was very courteous. My wife checked us in and the desk was great to her and welcoming. The room was in perfect condition . Flat Screen TV , cable kitchenette was great . Jacuzzi was working and very clean . Used it quite a few times. We had asked for fresh towels and those fresh towels were there after we were done having our fun outside.Our AC was quite cold but you can adjust it to be warmer. The door to operate it was a little noisy but I didnt mind that as I like some sound when I sleep. Overall it was a terrific experience for me and my wife . We dont expect much from any hotel but theses amentities were great for the price . I would recommend it if your not a person who really expects too much when visiting Atlantic City.Also ocean view was excellent!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michael H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

It's right on the Boardwalk and it seemed like all the rooms were angled to give some kind of "ocean view." If that's all you care about, then this place is for you. However, if you also want good (notice I said "good" not even "excellent") customer service, no mold in the bathtub grout, a quiet air conditioning unit, and parking where you don't have to worry about the next car dinging your door because the spots are so tight, then you better find someplace else. I even sent my feed back to the hotel manager and I receive an email basically saying they knew of the problems. Not even an apology for the terrible experience. Seriously? My family and I will NEVER come back here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Infidel_Sheepdog

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

richmond virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Atlantic City if you do not want to stat in a Casino.
But right there where all the action is right on the boardwalk and the beach near
Ripley's .Great view of the ocean and boardwalk from your room.

Room Tip: make sure you get a view of the ocean...what a sight..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lauthehut
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms are set up great ! We had a small kitchen set up with every utensil you can possibly have.
The living room/seating area was decorated beautifully with large dice as coffee tables.
Giant size jacuzzi in bathroom for thos aching feet after a long walk on the boardwalk.
Staff was friendly and very accomodating.
Check out Lucy the Elephant and Angels show in Taj mahal

Room Tip: ask for a ocean view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Havie1818
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Location is great. Right on the boardwalk. Rooms were big. The positives stop there. The place is in dire need of renovation; it's like the place is stuck in 1977. The elevators were PAINFULLY slow. The entire staff seemed disinterested. Next time I am in AC I'll spend a few more dollars and stay someplace nicer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PTG51
Dallas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

First the people that work there are rude. The room made me feel like I took a time machine into the '80s. The view is nice I must admit, but the service and decor is horrible. Check out is @ 11am prompt. If you are not out by 11am they will charge you $75.00.

Room Tip: The rooms here are bad, do not stay here! Stay here at your own risk. Parking is free though.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends