Message from TripAdvisor:

“Loved ATlantic Palace Fanta Sea”

Atlantic Palace Suites
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I loved this hotel/time share.
Until recently I didnt even know that fanta sea and atlantic palace were two seperate places. I thought the name just changed.
Either way I loved it. It was just two of us. The room was beautiful and the staff was very helpful. I was impressed. I travel often and had no complaints. The room I stayed in (studio suite) is not for children or families just couples or a few friends so if you have a family ask for a bigger space or the one or two bedroom suites

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank SMDB15
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Palace Suites

Reviewed November 12, 2007

I want to start by saying we stayed there through RCI resorts, so I don't know if the rooms are any different.

However, we were on the 29th floor of the Atlantic Palace in a studio with jacuzzi and kitchenette.

First off, the location is amazing! You are smack dab in between the top 6 casinos - 3 one way, 3 the other. All within a 10-15 walk. And we actually liked the fact that you don't have a casino in the hotel, wasn't all busy.

When you get there, you check in and then park the car. If you do not have a lot of baggage you can carry it. If you have a lot then I would do the bell hop. We carried ours.

Check in was fast and easy.

It is true the elevators are slow. No way around that.

The room was very nice. Only the bathroom was a bit rundown and that was the vanity area. It was peeling and such. The jacuzzi was awesome, with a huge window.

The view was breathtaking! Oh my god! Right out over the water, and boardwalk a wall of windows.

The front desk was very helpful.

The game room is amazing!!! Absolutely wonderful! I was in awe!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank KirkcollmWp
Reviewed October 18, 2007

First words..DUCK TAPE EVERYWHERE! "If" you go make sure you get the one or two bedroom suite, the view is amazing on the 29th and 31 floor! The beds are not comfortable and you can hear in the next room. The elevators have carpet surrounded with duck tape. The entrance way has carpet with surrounding duck tape as well, that should have been our first sign!!!!!! It says resturant on site,, big lie, it closed down years ago. After you check in they will offer 50 dollars for a tour of the site (timeshare)!!!! The TIMESHARE SUITES are wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than the suites that they offer. I just would not go there again, EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! One more thing, DO NOT buy the timeshare, we looked it up and they are under investigation for fraud.Get the 50 dollars for the tour but don't agree to purchase the timeshare!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank baddass1010
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We booked rooms months in advance and stayed there the last 4 years, booking with their online site and had no problems until this year.

This year they ruined our vacation!

They booked us at their other location that stinks. They have 3 sites and pulled the Classic bait and switch,, no where near the casinos and they refused to make good on the reservation. They leave you with no option to find another place to stay because the other hotels are booked. Don't stay at any cost.

Also their elevator service will subtract 2 hours from your plans.(At both locations)

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bobbycrombie
Reviewed July 7, 2007

We visited the Atlantic Palace June 15-21 and stayed on the 18th floor. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath , jacuzzi tub efficancy.The room was big and beautiful with a nice veiw of the nasty, dirty boardwalk!!! There is a nice pool on the 3rd floor.On our 4th day there we went to wildwood and was gone the whole day.We had the "Do not disturb" sign on the door the whole time.When we got back we noticed that there was some money missing from my wallet so we contacted the front office and met with a private investagater. He pulled the records from the room and found out that one of the maids took the money. They gave us the money back , free parking for the week and $150.00 gift certificate for the house of blues.( which was a horrible dinner) They took care of the situation in a timely manner but we will not go back. Oh, and another thing there was a night club on the side alley,we heard 3 gun shots, NO dead people though.
Atlantic City is WAY over rated!!!!
If you want to see dirty homeless beggers with missing limbs, tons of nasty flea infested homeless CATS, too many non english speaking people and hundreds of JUNK stores then this is the place for you!!! I suggest not venturing out of the casino if you really want to visit.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank m2dukedog
Reviewed June 13, 2007

The only reason I am even saying this HOTEL was okay is because of it's location and the view we had but other than that don't waste your money. My husband and I stayed here for one night (Sunday-Monday) and we honestly debated leaving several times. The room was small, even though it has a kitchen and shower/jacuzzi. The bed was as hard as a rock which didn't help the sheets that were like sand paper. Oh and the towels, did they ever hear of fabric softner. Upon
check-in we were told that they only had 10 rooms left. This was at 4:09. We were told several times no check-in before 4. Okay fine but at 4:09 on a Sunday evening you only have 10 rooms left. We aske for oceanfront and were given a room with the spot light right in front.
I immediately told my husband once nighttime comes this spotlight is going to flood our room. We then were switched to a room on the 19th floor. Great view of the pier and Ceasars and Bally's the places you wish you were staying at. All in all I would NEVER stay here again. Customer service, what customer service....everytime we asked for anything we were told "timesharers" have already requested that, sorry. I wouldn't even want to be a time sharer at this place. Just not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tbodz
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I am writing this from our 28th story one bedroom, one bathroom condo at the FantaSea Resort (formerly known as the Atlantic Palace) , on the Boardwalk between the Taj Mahal and Bally's. Although the Fantasea has no WiFi or computer terminals, I am able to connect to the Day's Inn's WiFi down below us. This is the largest one bedroom condo in which we have ever stayed. It is in excellent condition, clean rugs, kitchen and bathroom. There is a full-sized fridge, dishwasher, two burner cooktop, toaster, microwave, but no oven (but who cares?). The furniture is all in very good shape. We traded for this unit through RCI, and it faces the city, but there are windows on three sides of the unit, and we can see down the boardwalk and the beach, an impressive view.
Now I know it's March and not the really busy season, but we have had no problem parking and the wait for the elevators has been minimal. The only complaint we have, the midweek cleaning was never done. Now, we could call for someone to come, but it really isn't necessary for the two of us.
We were asked to go to a presentation, which we declined, and have not been bothered. We see people touring, especially when we have used the gym on the third floor. The gym equipment is in very good shape as well.
We were told that the building, in total, now has a new owner. So that may mean all the rooms, condo timeshare and rental will be refurbished. On our floor, we went into a studio unit that was being totally redone. We stayed in a studio last year, which was good, but the renewal looks terrific. Gone is the view,plexiglass window, from the shower/jacuzzi out to the room and the ocean below. I know some people found that distasteful, I thought it was cool. The unit we are in doesn't have that feature. Our bathroom has a double sink vanity, jacuzzi tub and separate stall shower. The hot water was plentiful, and the unit came with shampoo, lotions, roll of paper towels, dishwasher soap, and sink liquid soap. The towels were a bit thin, but no big deal. There are two tv's, and the living room tv has a dvd player.
There are free newspapers every day on the second floor, but there aren't any activities planned for guests. But it's AC, and there are the casinos, the boardwalk, and in summer, the beach.
Just down the boardwalk in front of Caesar's, the old steel pier has been transformed into a beautiful, upscale three story mall, with cool stores, like Brookstone, restaurants, and a water to music show, reminiscent of Vegas' Bellagio, on a smaller scale. There is a walkover from Caesar's into the mall, very nicely done.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple