“A great value for the money!”
Review of Downbeach Inn

Downbeach Inn
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“A great value for the money!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First of all, Rodeway Inn's are not known for being a five star motel. However, that being said, if you are looking for a basic motel with friendly employees, great a/c, clean sheets and towels in a clean room with check-in at 2PM and free parking, this your place. We wanted a basic clean room close to the beach and boardwalk. After pricing out casinos at up to $399/night (and they all charge extra to use their pools and park), we found Rodeway Inn for $250/night. After using my Hotels.com free room credit, the price came down to around $125 for the first night. Not to shabby. We quickly checked in, got into our bathing suits and headed to the beach (no beach tags required in Atlantic City). From car to beach in under 25 minutes. On our way back from the beach, we stopped in the office to find out if they had a soda machine. The man behind the desk showed us where it was and then suggested that we have some juice from the continental breakfast bar instead so that we wouldn't have to pay for a drink. Very kind of him and wouldn't have happened anywhere else in Atlantic City. The parking lot was a bit tight but does have sufficient room for parking. After our trip for a show at the Borgata, we returned to the Rodeway Inn, parked and walked to the boardwalk to enjoy the rest of our evening. Sunday morning, we actually had time to hit the beach for a couple of hours after a free basic continental breakfast consisting of coffee, juice and packaged pastries and muffins. Again, not the Hilton but for the money, good enough, especially when you add in the noon check out time when most places want you gone by 11 AM. Would we stay there again? Most definitely!

Room Tip: Most of the second floor rooms face the ocean. Ask at the desk when you check in to see if they can...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hairydiver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Rented this place as a last resort, due to unavailable rooms at other hotels. Figured I could stay there one night and then move on the next day. Wrong. The place is cheap, the rooms all stink. Some smell as if an animal has died in there and others had mildew on the walls and ceiling with a smell that makes you nautious. I had to get another room outside of Atlantic City for the night. DON'T GO HERE, YOU WON'T STAY!!!!

Room Tip: Instead of using this asa last ditch, try the hotels on the AC Expressway. It's a little more d...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul R

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Checked in and everything looked fine. Service was great and staff were welcoming.That's until we came in from having a good time to a used condom on the pillow ...under the sheets!!!!!! And one blood stain on bed!!!! After reporting it to the front desk..I was told there was nothing he could do until the manager came in the morning. Then he had the nerve to give me two sheets!! And kept asking why I'm just reporting it if we checked in hours ago...as if I were lying. So we ended up checking out early... And headed back home to Baltimore. Stay away from here!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Cj378
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

You really get what you pay for. Its at the end of the strip. Way over the end. Its hallways smells of urine. Breakfast offered is sad. Id rather get breakfast from new York coffee truck. The room was funny and dingy. Thank god that we didn't get bitten by bugs. Staff should get new jobs. They are better off as meter Maids. Stay away!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank charles C
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel experience was awful, terrible, and unprofessional! Someone on staff stole money from my account. Just because you have our account information it doesn't mean you have to steal extra money from our accounts!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ashfar123
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I didn't expect a perfect room, but I did expect one clean and in decent shape. When I first walked in to the room, it smelled very musty. The wallpaper was peeling, there was hair on the bathroom floor, the sockets in the wall lamps were broken. One was laying sideways, one had been taped upward. The bathtub was not clean, and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. Totally nasty and not worth 72. Oh, and the best part? NO REFUNDS!!! Beware!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank seargentdimples
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We booked this room last minute and I did not read reviews like a always do. What a mistake! We booked this room for our family vacation I have an 18 month old and two 8 year olds. When we pulled up I knew we were in trouble there were big bags of garbage all over the parking lot. My husband went in the office to pay for the room. He got the key and when we got to the door of our room we could see duct tape all over the outside of the curtains holding them together. We opened the door and tried to turn on the light it would not go on so I turned the bathroom light on instead and opened the curtains. The room had a very musty dirty smell and in the bathroom there was a plywood board screwed to the ceiling and the towels had yellow stains. After a 6 hour drive my 18 month old wanted to be put down and I refused to let her down. Me and my husband looked at eachother in disbelief. We agreed we would rather sleep on the beach then in this room. I took out my phone and started to look for near by rooms we found one so I went to the office to see about a refund. They made us pay $60.00 one night fee as we were supposed to stay for 3 nights. We thought it was well worth it to get out ASAP. DO NOT STAY HERE!! Take my word for it!! I am not a picky person at all as long as it is decent I am not one to complain but this place should be condemned!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family