“They Got a Lot of Work To Do!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk

Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk
Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bottineau, North Dakota
“They Got a Lot of Work To Do!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

As a person that works at a Bed and Breakfast Inn, I am one who can "Critique"!
!. No Communication between Reservation Persons & Management! Ex. I requested a "Coffee
Maker", in my room,{because I had a room across the street in the motel that they Bought Out} and did not want to cross the street constantly to get Coffee! I was "Promised by the Person of whom took my Reservation", and Did NOT get one and I was there for (4 Days)! and I made numerous requests for one and ''NEVER'' got one!
2. Bathroom had small Flies, indication of unsanitary bathroom!
3. Rooms on the East Side or Ocean Side, across the Street, NOISY from Guests, who come in after 2 AM or Depart at 5 AM!
4. Need more People who can speak ENGLISH FLUENTLY!
5. I have Stayed here before, numerous times, but I ""WILL NOT BE BACK"!!!

Room Tip: Get one on ''OFFICE SIDE'' and Second Floor! Get down to Breakfast Area Early, afte...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank abbynormal1971
HotelManagement403, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Patron,

First, we'd like to offer an apology for your experience with us. It seems we have failed to meet your expectations. Secondly, I'd like to take this time to point out that we are an equal opportunity employer. Your note of "Hiring more English speaking employees" is offensive to myself as well as our staff. We take pride in our mutli-cultural and diverse staff and so do many other guests who get to share travel experiences and languages with them. Our staff works very hard to make sure each guest has a great stay. They all try their best to communicate with each other and guests. We nor they can not help an accent. It is offensive to minimize them because they do not speak a fluent tongue like yourself.

You have noted that you will not stay with us again even after you have stayed with us before. In defense of my employees, I welcome that. They do not deserve to be subjected to such ignorance, especially in 2013.

Thank you again for your patronage, and we wish you luck in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
sanchepa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was able to check in early which was nice. Unfortunately, the place is filthy. The covers on the bed were stained. The sheets under the covers were also stained. I slept on top of the bed because I didn't want to sleep under the covers.

The worst part was the bathroom. The window here was only attached with duct tape. There was a mat over the shower floor. It was very moldy.

Next time I will spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sanchepa
HotelManagement403, General Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

It seems that you have mistaken us for another Econo Lodge in the Atlantic City Area. We please ask you to review the address of your stay as your description of the rooms bedding does not fit ours. We do not have covers on our bedding packages. We have a turned down, triple sheeting package., with white Tone on Tone 250 thread count sheets. Any stained linen would clearly be visible by our housekeeping and of course the guest.

If by chance, this is the correct place of your stay, please call us at the property so we further look into this matter. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year after getting married. My husband and I wanted something inexpensive just for a couple nights away from home. We found this hotel and never checked the reviews. I was looking through my bag in order to change for a nice romantic dinner and noticed a roach on my suitcase. I was like 'hmm maybe he came in from the outside" and didn't worry about it. The next morning I woke up and there were two in sink. Then I saw a dead one behind the TV. Which, we never used the TV. First, the remote had dead batteries and the front desk could not provide me with new ones. Then the cable went out. Real classy. Apparently there was a continental breakfast? I was never informed of it?

The hotel is awesome if you like hobos creeping in your window and hearing the people above you arguing violently!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pamela U
HotelManagement403, Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

While your experience at our hotel seems to have been taken place a year ago, as stated in your review, I would still like to apologize for the experience. We do have a regular reputable (Western) commercial pest control company that maintains our rooms twice a month as routine preventive maintenance just as most commercial establishments do. If you can call our property and ask to speak the manager, we can look up your name and date of stay as well as contact our Pest Control company to make sure the proper measures were taken place. As to date, we have not had any other complaints for such occruances.

In the mean time, we do hope you would give us another try! We have brand new renovated and furnished rooms! Professional Photo's will be distributed to all travel websites shortly!

Thank you again for your comments as I make sure such occurrences may not happen.

Management
west deptford nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was in ac for the night to see a concert so I booked a room at the Econo Lodge for a night stay. The room was clean. it was equipped w/ a refrigerator and a microwave, and the bed was really comfortable. So it suited my purpose. I almost forget about the FREE continental breakfast in the morning was really good also. I would def book again for a quick 1 night stay. The negative is if u r a light sleeper it was def noisy outside and would prob keep u awake but hey its a city and yes the neighborhood is a lil " sketchy" as someone else described it but once again its a city so when venturing out of your room be aware of your surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TamiMiami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Checked in @ 2...they gave me keys to room...walk across the street to the room.....it was not even cleaned....called the front desk, they said it would b cleaned by 4:00 pm....ok... Went to the boa
rd walk....came back @ 4:30....room was jot even touched....call back the office again...they said they ll b right over to clean the room....finally I was able to go in the room @ 5:00.....this place sucks

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank pepin70
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Valued Patron,

We appreciate your comments as we strive to make sure your experience with us is a positive one. I apologize for your check-in experience. As you know, it was a very busy long weekend and unfortunately mix ups in communications happen our front desk and house keeping department. While this is no excuse, we hope you can consider this an isolated incident. If you decide to visit Atlantic City again, please contact us and ask to speak the GM. I will make sure that you are checked-in right away and that you have a more positive experience with us.

Thank you again for your constructive criticism. I will see to it that we try to correct the lapse in communication.
Grimsby, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went down to Atlantic City this past summer for a long weekend with my girlfriends. We are a group of 21 year olds looking for a beach and nightlife. We randomly picked Atlantic City as it was the closet place we could travel to with an ocean. None of us had ever been to Atlantic City and we didn't really know what to expect.

When we got there we were greeted by the staff and the guy at the desk was very friendly. He allowed us to split our payment ( cash and credit) and was very helpful through out the weekend when we asked where to go eat and go out. However the hotel was the scariest place i have ever stayed. I still feel to this day that my mother would have a heart attack if she knew where we were staying. The pictures online are quite deceiving. The hotel is close to the board walk but its quite the walk to the main strip. The city didn't exactly feel safe to be walking around in at night either.

The room was so outdated, musty and small. There were prostitutes on every corner and the walls were NOT sound proof. The breakfast was really the only semi-decent thing the hotel had to offer

We booked this hotel on a student budget however... it just felt super 'sketchy' and shady. I was also concerned when the cab drivers took note of where a group of girls was staying... Don't think i will ever return to Atlantic City or the Econo lodge until I am at least 50 years old and I am content to spend $15.00 on a drink and play the slot machines.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank emi_77t
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Patron,

We do appreciate your comments and they will be used constructively. We work with the local law enforcement and neighboring businesses to make sure our surrounding area is safe but we are always trying to get better. Also, with your comment of us being not being on the strip, you may have us confused with another hotel. Our property is located right on the main trip of Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City with a football throw away from the lively Tropicana Casino.

We hope you do give us another try so we can make sure your stay is more comfortable this time around!

Cheers!
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

... I just needed a room for several nights. I didn't want to spend a lot and wanted close to the beach.

The staff was pleasant at check in -- they were accommodating for my request for a 'fridge. The room was average and adequate. The only complaint I had was that the closet was very humid -- but I was there during July -- so I'm not sure if this was just because it was so hot outside. It seemed that there was water/moisture pooled on the safe in the closet.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the room -- I was on the beach or boardwalk. I also never took advantage of the continental breakfast offered. Part of the reason is because this property is divided across two city blocks.

I liked the fact that there was off-street parking right outside my room.

In a pinch, I'd stay again. Thank you for the time I was able to spend there this Summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Courtyard Atlantic City
Courtyard Atlantic City
#7 of 53 in Atlantic City
4.0 of 5 stars 669 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk? Share your experiences!