“Quick Stay...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Lafayette, Indiana
“Quick Stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

... I just needed a room for several nights. I didn't want to spend a lot and wanted close to the beach.

The staff was pleasant at check in -- they were accommodating for my request for a 'fridge. The room was average and adequate. The only complaint I had was that the closet was very humid -- but I was there during July -- so I'm not sure if this was just because it was so hot outside. It seemed that there was water/moisture pooled on the safe in the closet.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the room -- I was on the beach or boardwalk. I also never took advantage of the continental breakfast offered. Part of the reason is because this property is divided across two city blocks.

I liked the fact that there was off-street parking right outside my room.

In a pinch, I'd stay again. Thank you for the time I was able to spend there this Summer!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank DivaLVegas

Midland Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The room I stayed in was extremely spacious!! The bed was super comfortable, and I was able to get a lot of sleep. The staff was amazing and took good care of their hotel and guests. It was also in a top location. I hope to come back here next year!!!! :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelManagement59, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the kind words and happy that you had a great stay with us. We strive to offer the best customer service as possible. We know you have many options when it comes to accommodations but we greatly appreciate that you decided to stay with us.

Come back soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stay in august 29- 30 it was a over stay...it was awful...we couldn't sleep there was prostitutes coming in and out.arguing in front of the room..211..there were 3 hugegirls.
I was not on duty or in my state otherwise I would of arrested them..there was another person that was very upset .from another room.I call the front desk at 6am cause I couldn't take it anymore... know what goes on around me at work and around my home...I know the mangers knows what's going on ....
Found residues of cocaine in the room,a dirty condom in the stairway....come on....
Thank God I didn't bring my grandson otherwise Yes there could of been a big issue...
Am I staying there again no...keeping an eye on this...Yes..
And the manger try to fix it with a 5 percent off....are you kidding me...

Room Tip: Check it out before sleeping there and the area
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HotelManagement59, Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Value Guest,

I'd like to apologize foremost for your experience. As we are a property are embarrassed with it as well. We do not condone that type of behavior or quality of guest in our establishment. Unfortunately for us, being an exterior property, it is hard for us to monitor such activities and guests at all times. The group of "girls" you spoke of gave us problems all weekend. Sometimes they have another person check in for them and it becomes hard to distinguish all guests. This is definitely an isolated incident. As I said before, it is behavior that is absolutely not tolerated. This is a clean family establishment that we try to ensure but unfortunately due to our location being on Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City, we can not be full-proof.

We will contact our local law enforcement officials (as we are active members in our community) and as a courtesy to future guests, your input would be greatly valued as well.

We apologize once again but please know your comments and experience will go a long way with us helping improve the quality of experience for our guests.

Please contact me directly at the property, if you will, so I can try to regain your trust as a valued guest.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on 08/31/2012. This hotel is kind of old, wallpapers were falling apart, shower head was dripping waters all night long. Prostitutes going in and out of rooms. Internets were slow, not really worth the price we paid. Plus, the room didn't even got a mini fridge or microwave.

The services were good, the breakfast was good. So many choices.

Would pay a little more to stay at The Chelsea next time.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to stay at a better hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank StephyLee2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your stay with us and value your comments. We will see it those maintenance related issues will be taken care of right away. Yes, we are an older property but we do take pride in keeping up quality of rooms. We apologize for your experiences, and hope you consider this an isolated incident.

As for Fridge/Microwave, next time you come to visit, please make a request so that we are able to accommodate you with such. We do have rooms with such amenities unfortunately its on a first come first serve basis but if you contact me directly and ask for the manager. I will see to it that you will be accommodated.

Thank you again for your constructive comments.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Jerry on night shift is awesome. Thank you having a clean, customer service friendly hotel. The location is awesome! Walk to beach and boardwalk in seconds. Everything in room worked and it was clean. It is well kept for an older beach property. Even the housekeeper was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Patron,

We appreciate your kind words greatly. As you mentioned, we are an older property and while we can not offer many of the fancy amenities the Big Casinos may offer, we do count on our good-old fashion customer service to be there day and night. We know you have many choices to lay your head, we appreciate that you have given us a chance. Hope to see you soon!
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at econo lodge because we didn't want to pay the usual high prices at the big casinos...the room wasn't that bad...it was clean, didn't smell bad, the ac and tv worked, and it was great for just sleeping and showering...we spent most of the time outside of the room so it definitely met our needs...yea its not the greatest room ever, but you cannot beat the price...my only complaint was that it was so close to the street that you could hear the outside noise in the morning and the cars on the road, but if you have the ac up, you wouldn't hear it that much...it was right across the street from Tropicana and steps from the boardwalk...I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meena923
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

me and my friends come to econo lodge a few times a year. the rates are great and its location is awesome. i must say it has been alot better than some of the casino hotels I've stayed in. beds are so.comfortable can't wait to go back...oooo and they also have complimentary muffins and waffles for breakfast

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Jcpd16
, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Beach and Boardwalk, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to make every stay comfortable and enjoyable. Please come back to visit soon!