“Won't be back”

Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
PA
“Won't be back”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Pros: Terrific view, good restaurant
Cons: No amenities(what motel/hotel doesn't have them these days?), no furniture on balcony-had to drag chairs from room out, balcony not private (even a cement wall between would have been nice), pillows terrible -not even standard size...need I go on?

For the price we paid for ocean-front room and what we got, my spouse said he'd prefer to pay more and get a lot nicer room,

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bblueeyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We rarely go to Atlantic City, so didn't have any comps at the casinos or anything like that. But I got a rate of just $70, and being right on the boardwalk, we gave it a try.

We were not disappointed by anything. Check-in was fine, the desk clerk was pleasant to deal with and quick. The room was nothing fancy, but who cares, we don't spend much time there anyway. Everything was clean and in good working order. The wireless internet worked well too. There was no extra fee for parking -- you need to give your keys to the valet, but can just go and get your car yourself, so no tip or anything. May be different on a weekend or in the summer season though, it looks like they provide public parking too.

Right next to the Trop at the southern end of the casinos.

We did not try the restaurant there.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HowardFromPA
Leonia, New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I booked this hotel with my husband since Saturday night rates in the big-name hotels by the boardwalk are very pricey. We were happy to see that this hotel was RIGHT next to the boardwalk and near several casinos. The lobby is nice, and we were checked in early and provided a free upgrade since it was our anniversary! The room was great, big king-sized bed, normal bathroom, normal TV and a balcony with an ocean/boardwalk view. We spent some time on the balcony watching people and the waves. Overall, this hotel was perfect for what we needed and had great staff and clean rooms.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — Hard to find one, but maybe lack of a bar
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed August 25, 2008

My fiance and I stayed there for one night and the people were nice and the room was ok (at least we thought). When I go away I disinfect the room and bathroom. I did that when we check in around 5pm. We went out and got back in the room around 12am, after we got comfortable we noticed a funny odor coming from the headboard. It's not wood or metal, there's some kind of material on the headboard and it smelled really bad. We could barely sleep more so because of the smell; called the front desk and they said they were booked so nothing could be done (we had to lay across the foot of the bed). Also there was a lot of traffic on the floor and doors slamming. The walls are thin and we heard beds squeaking and people talking. We had to keep the tv on all night so we could drown the noise. The people were very nice, but because of the odor and thin walls I would not stay here again.

• Liked — On the boardwalk
  • Disliked — The smell of the bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lite1075

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

nyc
Reviewed August 10, 2008

My wife and myself are frequent visitors of AC. Generally we do not stay at a casino due to prices but at a close motel / hotel in he area.

The Days Inn is one of the better non casino hotels we have stayed in. Location is amazing virtually, attached to the Tropicana. In fact, I found I had a slot voucher left over the morning we were leaving and I was able to get to the cashier in the Trop in uder 2 min.

Even the lobby is inviting and clean. Rooms - very basic but good sized and clean. As you can see, I don't care about quality or if the furniture is from 1980, so long as the place is clean! We had a nice sized balcony over looking the Trop and the beach, not bad! It's only about a 4-5 story hotel with about 100 rooms. There is a Country Kitchen resturant within the hotel which we did not use and looked just ok.

Note the aside from the corporate Days Inn AC website, this hotel does have it's own website for information. http://www.atlanticcitydaysinn.com/

If you are looking to save a 100-200 dollars that you can spend in gaming, dinner, or drinks, the DAYS IN AC is your best bet. I will also highly recommend the Econo Lodge Beach Block. Not as nice as this hotel but it's also in a great location and is usually cheap.

I paid $250 + tax for the Days Inn which sounds high, but for some reason hotels were very expensive that weekend. Trop, Ceasers, etc all wanted about $500.

There are two Days Inn down there, so don't get confused. If you can score this hotel for what you feel s a fair price, take it and run! They do have valet parking as another reviewer had mentioned and you are required to leave your keys but this didn't bother me. Location is this hotels biggest asset, right on the beach and next to the Trop.

Make sure you get to the Shops at Ceasers on the Pier, the Quarter in the Trop, Harrah's Pool Party (if you are younger) and Hooters, of course.

• Liked — my car seemed safe
  • Disliked — elevator smelt like lamb
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Crumz32
New York
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We are frequent visitors to Atlantic City, having stayed at various casino-based hotels over the years. However, this time, we decided to try the Day's Inn, because their price was simply unbeatable.

What we found was sterling service, an impeccably clean room, delightful staff, quiet quarters, and an overall marvelous experience.

When we checked in, we were greeted warmly by various desk, bell, and valet staff. Our room was a true non-smoking, clean room with the usual amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable. What more can we say? We were even permitted to leave our car, in valet parking, to be watched over beyond the stated check-out time. Gratis.

The property is a low-lying building near the Tropicana. The location is splendid. And while we were staying on the second floor, there was very little outside noise.

In summary, a terrific experience. Gracious staff. We will return.

• Liked — The front desk clerk, who greeted us with "Welcome. It's nice to see you."
  • Disliked — That I can't live there.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed June 27, 2008

After checking in, I went to move my car. A non-English speaking individual approached me and said, "me park you car." I asked him, "do you know how to drive a Toyota Prius?" He shook his head indicating he did not and pointed out a space he wanted me to move it to. After parking the car, the hotel manager, who I later learned has a name - George Kramvis - came running out of the hotel yelling, "...let my valet parking your [-] car!" I informed the manager that his valet didn't know how to drive a Prius. The manager then yelled and cussed at me again to "...move your [-] car over there!" indicating another spot which I complied with.

In a word, UNBELIEVEABLE....if you like to get screamed and cussed at, this is the property for you.

On a more positive note, the rooms stank like a locker room, the beds were like sleeping on concrete, and the walls are paper thin.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Gettng yelled and cursed at by the hotel manager
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple