“Nice hotel, good service, but they need a Pool!”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
ithaca,ny
“Nice hotel, good service, but they need a Pool!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

This was my second stay at Caesar's A/C. From my experience, having stayed at the Hilton, Showboat, and Bally's, this is the most complete property of all, but could still be a bit better. I say "complete" because the property has all the amenities you would need for a nice stay with just one caveat...there is no pool! Yes, there is a beach outside, but since the weather can't be guaranteed and you have to cross the boardwalk and throngs of tourists to get to it, it's not ideal for someone who just wants to be cocooned for a weekend. That said, Caesars otherwise delivers a good value. The service is prompt and they continue to upgrade. I spoke to an attendant in the spa and he told me that the reason the pool is closed is because Caesars is building a new $40 million spa/pool area in winter 2007. The current spa is OK, but nothing spectacular, so I look forward to the upgrades. My room in the Centurion Tower was spacious and had a good bath. I previously stayed in the North Tower and although the room was nice, the hallways were dank and needed a refurb. There are many good dining choices here: the buffet is above average, Cafe Roma is a hidden gem in the Centurion Tower (not crowded, good food, good service), and the asian Kwi is excellent even if located on the gaming floor. As for gaming, Caesar's has all you could want. A great selection of table games with friendly and professional dealers, a huge selection of regular slots, and a pretty good high-limit slot area. Drink service is above average for A/C.
One of the best reasons to stay at this property is the proximity to others (Bally's, Wild Wild West, Claridge) through a walkway that adjoins. Of the three, Caesars has the most visible security...no small thing in a city that has too many panhandlers and bums.

Stayed July 2007
5 Thank gotarheels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,376)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

Stayed for 2 nights (Wednesday to Friday) in the Centurion tower. I'm a fairly heavy player (Diamond level) so the room was comped. King Smoking. Bed was comfy with nice linens and pillows. Bathroom was good, marble with separate door for the toilet. Showerhead spray strength wasn't adjustable, this is probably my only complaint about the room. Had a city view, which was OK, but I'm not there to look out the window. Small round table with 2 sitting chairs. Overall room was big enough and clean. Couldn't hear any neighbors or much hall traffic. Curtains are completely room darkening which is good after you stay up till 4 in the morning and want to sleep till noon. TV was OK, 27 inch with a good selection of channels. Caesars location cannot be beat. It's smack dab in the middle of all the casinos on the boardwalk. Location location location!

Casino is nice, they have done a lot of updating in the last year or so, so its mostly all brand new. I'm a video poker player and they have a good selection of machines. Drink service started off good then disappeared, which is typical for late afternoon. Would have been better if I won :)

Went to the beach where Caesars has a shack where you can rent chairs and umbrellas. Called ahead of time to make sure I got one. Rental was $8 each for the chair and the umbrella, received $3 off this price with my Diamond card. Was relaxing. No drink or food service however since the town made them take away their beach bar because it was taking up "too much beach" - this is ridiculous as the beach is very wide and it never gets super crowded on the beach anyway - so there is plenty of room for a beach bar. Local vendors come around with ice cream and water for $1, so that's a good deal. I thought the pier shops (the high end shopping mall/pier) might be annoying as it was right next to the beach area. Didn't bother me at all or get in my sun.

Overall had a good stay, would have been better if I won some $$$. There are nicer rooms in AC (Borgata, updated Showboat rooms), but you can't beat Caesars location.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank bb5555
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2007

I had never been to AC before and i was a little skeptical about staying at Caesars after reading some of the reviews, but we had an awesome time and the room was great!

I went with my fiancee and we had a room in the Centurion Tower. The room was clean and the service was great. I also loved the location of this hotel. It was right on the boardwalk/beach in the middle of everything. there is also a huge high end mall connected to it called the Pier Shops. the food was great and the casino was a lot of fun. i would definitely stay here again!! My mom and sister stayed at the Borgata, and although that was nice too, for the price and location, i would choose Caesars.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kirbear
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Caesar’s from July 8, 2007 to July 10, 2007. We stayed in room 624 of the South Temple Tower. We were very satisfied with the accommodations and would definitely stay here again.

We attempted to check in at approximately 3:15 pm on a Sunday. We did know that check-in time on Sundays is 5:00 pm, but wanted to see if a room might be ready. We were told that the room was not ready and to come back later. We came back an hour later and the room was still not ready. We were finally able to check in at about 5:30 pm.

The room actually overlooked part of the casino and was inside the casino area. The room was very spacious and had a sofa, average-sized bathroom, a refrigerator, two cushioned chairs, a table, and a large television. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The television had a large number of channel selections. Air conditioning worked very well and was not noisy at all. The bathroom was very clean and came with nice amenities including mineral bath liquid. I had never stayed in a room that did not have a window to the outside so you couldn’t really get a feel of what time of day it was unless you looked at a clock. My wife liked the fact that our room was inside the casino itself, but I would have preferred a window to the outside world.

The pool was closed for renovations, but they gave us a pool pass to use the outdoor pool at Bally’s or the indoor pool at Claridge. We used the pool at Claridge and it was large and the water was warm. Caesar’s, Bally’s, and Claridge are all interconnected so you do not even have to walk outside to use the facilities. All of our interactions with Caesar’s employees were friendly. Maid service was very good.

The location of the hotel cannot get much better. The Pier Shops are connected to the hotel, though a good deal of the stores are for higher-end customers who have money to burn. Also, the very economical Outlet stores are directly across the street. The hotel is in the middle of the Boardwalk so you could walk to any hotel within 15 minutes.

There were some inconveniences associated with our stay. Our room was directly adjacent to the hallway as opposed to most hotel rooms where the bathroom and a little hallway abut the main hallway, which serve as a buffer to noise from guests inside the hallways. Therefore, we were more aware of guests who would be talking inside the hallways as our bed was right next to the hallway wall. Also, the gambling options were not very amenable to low rollers like myself. As I only gamble small amounts of money for fun, there were times when I could not gamble at Caesar’s because there were no $10 Blackjack tables, but Bally’s Wild West next door always had a couple of $10 tables. The outdoor pool at Bally’s was very small, crowded, and the water was cold. The $16.00 fee to use the spa and fitness center was too expensive.

Overall we were satisfied with our stay and aside from a few minor issues, Caesar’s is a hotel we will patronize in the future.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — View from Hotel Room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank marc1976
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2007

First their pool is closed!!! If you want to go to a pool you need a guest pass and you trek over to Bally's outdoor pool which is awful or the Clariage. We love to game but we also love the sun and had planned to sun it during the day. No one told us the pool would not be opened.
On day 2 of our 4 day trip I thought I would use the exercise room like in previous trips. I was told there was a $16 charge per person even to use the treadmill for 30 minutes. Even after talking to a manager and explaining how the trip had been a nightmare with no pool and an awful room she would not give us 30 minutes on the tread mill! Where is customer service?
Our previous stays have been in the Centurian Tower which is great this time though they put us in the South Tower and our friends were put in the North Tower. The rooms are awful!!
Stay away until they get there act together. There are a lot of other great places to stay.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The carpets need to be replaced along with the tubs.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank JosieNewYork
DisneyDawn1012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2007

We visited Caesars in Atlantic City on June 30th and checked out July 1st. It was absolutely gorgeous. The lobby was breath taking. We were in the Centurian Tower. The rooms were also very nice and clean. The room and the bathrrom were very large. We had a side view of the ocean. The only thing I didn't like was that the air conditioning was motion sensored, so If nobody was moving in the room the ac shuts off. The room was very warm when we woke up in the morning. It is also a great location because it is in the center of the boradwalk. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Liked — The Scenery and The Accomadations
  • Disliked — The Peeling Wallpaper in the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank DisneyDawn1012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2007

We were comped a room for 3 days so we weren't expecting the nicest of rooms, we were in the Centurian tower and I have to say, it was nice. The bathroom wasn't huge or anything but the room itself was a good size, and clean. The new Pier shops are really nice, and we ate at the Continental there which was good food in a relaxed atmosphere (casual). The pool is closed, but we paid the $16 each for the spa. The gym is very small so I'm not sure it is worth it, but no real complaints. The location of the hotel can't be beat, it is dead center of the boardwalk. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Liked — Cleanliness, location, Pier
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family