“Another fabulous stay at Caesars AC”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2009

After being to Caesars in late April/early May 2009, I did a another reservation to re-visit this past weekend from July 16-20th for four wonderful nights; once again in their Centurion Tower. Only this time, the desk clerk gave me a wonderful room with an unobstructed, clear view of the ocean. I didn't realize this until I stepped into my room and looked out the window; what a pleasant treat for a change! Another huge plus, the room was readily available upon my arrival/check-in, without having to wait!

Elevators worked fine, seldom had to wait for one. My room was clean and there were no issues with daily housekeeping, although I will leave a daily tip. Also remember if you do not want to be disturbed, press the "Do Not Disturb" button located just inside the room. Likewise, if you want your room made up, there is also a button to press. The dresser base when opening a door has a mini fridge stored inside it which kept things nice and cold. Rooms have wireless internet service which is $13.99 extra for each 24-hour period.

Nice bathroom with a separate water closet (commode) with it's own door and a large mirrored vanity with double light fixtures. Built-in LCD TV into the mirror, but never used it. No bathtub in the bath, but there is a huge walk-in (glass-enclosed) tiled shower with a bench seat and faucet control that has two levers; use the small one to adjust the water temperature to your liking and the large one to turn the water on/off without disturbing the water temperature.

The beachfront at Caesars sets wide and deep, not narrow like in some areas. Also my advise for any beachgoers staying in the Centurion Tower: You do not have to walk through the casino to get to the boardwalk/beach. Instead take the Centurion elevator down to the 2nd floor which brings you out into the Palladium Room, then bear left and walk across the wide-open Palladium room heading in the direction where you will see the sign marked Ballys/Wild Wild West with an escalator. Take that escalator down and bear right which will lead you directly to the doors which exit directly onto the boardwalk.

I only dined in Caesars at their Sunday Champagne Brunch ($45.00 p/p?) located upstairs on the third floor at Nero's. The food and service is excellent as always. Large cocktail shrimp (peeled/deveined), breads, beef tenderloin/fillet mignon steak, fish stuffed with good quality crabmeat, dessert bar, fresh-made crepes, breakfast items, etc., etc. Just remember to make a reservation. For breakfast, I prefer to walk down the boardwalk (passing Bally's) to Bill's Gyros, which is about a 7-10 minute walk from Caesars. For the most part, I enjoy eating out at my favorite restaurants located off the beachfront. Some people might feel a bit apprehensive to leave AC's beachfront to walk the street(s), but I feel you are no more at risk than when you walk around other city streets. Besides, this area is where the store outlets are located and is part of the "Ducktown" area which still has that certain Atlantic City charm.

Harrah's operates it 's shuttle-van service between it's four AC properties: Caesars, Bally's, Showboat, and Harrahs on the Marina. One is the "Heart" and the other is the "Club", each of which determines the direction the van is headed to Harrah's properties. Waiting time for the shuttle can vary; it can be minutes or up to a half hour depending on traffic or heavy-ridership conditions. For Gold Card holders, you need to show both your "Players Card" and your "Check-in Room Ticket" the hotel gives you when checking in; for Platinum Card holders on up, just your "Players Card." In addition, everyone must show a form of ID (drivers license) as an additional requirement, which is a slight hassle because it consumes both the passenger and driver's time. I don't know Harrah's explanation for the ID requirement; perhaps Players Cards were being found lying around and used by total strangers to ride their shuttle service.

All in all, a wonderful visit. I hope and plan to return back soon. Atlantic City is a totally different experience in itself; it still has some of it's old-world charm and grace.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (11,501)

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed Sunday June 28 thru Wednesday July 1st. Check it was pretty fast despite the long line, about 15 mintes. Our room was on the 29th floor. The elevators at this hotel are the fastest I've every been on. Stayed in a luxury room with an ocean view. The room was very comfortable & cozy. The bathroom was modern & large in size. Loved the tv built into the mirror. The only negative, no bath tub. Only a large walk in shower. I could less but my wife likes to enjoy a soaking bath. We ate at the buffet one afternoon. It was very good and offered a wide selection. You beat the location of this hotel. Right smack in the middle of the boardwalk. The only disappointment would have to be the hotel pool. Without a doubt, the smallest pool I've ever seen at a major hotel. If you have kids, be aware that they are not permitted at the pool after 1:00 in the afternoon., it's adults only from that point on. On the bright side, the beach is just a short walk away. We plan on returning to Atlantic City in the future and Caesars will be our first choice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RanMan07
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We got to Caesars (thanks forum for the tips) Tuesday afternoon. I had shared that it was an anniversary and they upgraded us to a suite - ginormous conference table, sauna! (ha!) bar, etc. etc. (428) - we were able to check in right away (a bit early) , settle in, then out on the boardwalk, a beautiful night... I played a bit at trump marina and bally's ($10 and $5 blackjack), we found video blackjack at trump which was fun! (and less costly). I like wild west, not that i won there, but I played for a while.

I noticed the service was really good at caesar's (not just the upgrade) - quick, friendly but... maybe it's because it was a tuesday or maybe the economy the whole area just seemed run down with an air of sadness... i can't figure out way. it seems to have everything.

anyway... . A great, relaxing start to a beach week and when all was said and done we lost about $80, but picked up $50 from my fiance's cousins playing poker so... thanks for the tips all!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank washwords
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Caesars is a great place but needs to be more children/teen friendly. The pool has restricted ours for children/teens from 8am to 1 pm - Many families come to Atlantic City with children (yes and still gamble). So if you go out to the beach and want to come in early evening to take a swim - the children are not allowed after 1pm. Adult hours could be a couple hours in the morning and an hour in the early evening. Caesars should definintely change this policy and quickly!

If you children are looking for a good pool - look elsewhere

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I stayed 2 nights, mid-week July at Caesars. Our room was not ready until the true check-in time, but we did get a room in the Centurian Tower, without even asking. We were just a few floors up...the view was of the top of the casino floor, as well as the pool and the beach. The room was spacious with 2 beds, 2 chairs and a small table, dresser with built-in refrigerator (but not a mini bar), and a flat screen TV. The bathroom was really nice with a TV built into the mirror, the toilet separated from the rest of the bathroom with a door, and a glass enclosed, stone shower with a bench seat.

One whole floor of the casino was smoke-free. We tried two restaurants, just for breakfast, since several of the restaurants/bars were closed (don't know if it was because of the economy or because it was mid-week, even though it was the height of summer). The full breakfast buffet at La Piazza is much better than the mini-buffet at the Cafe, and it only costs a dollar more. We spent a few hours at the pool, which has a full bar and a lunch menu, and were serviced at our lounge chairs by attentive waitresses.

Caesars is in a great location. You practically drive straight up to it from the Atlantic City Expressway. It is across the street from the new outlet shopping center. The Pier Shops are right out on the boardwalk. You can walk to the Tropicana, Trump Plaza and Ballys. If you want to visit the other Harrah's resorts, make sure you get a Total Rewards Card, so you can take the free Total Rewards Shuttle to Harrah's and Showboat.

The only downsides I can think of: valet parking took forever to claim car (but costs the same as self-serve parking), several restaurants were closed, and breakfast was pricey.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I attempted to stay at Ceasars on July 13, 2009. I had called ahead for reservations but was told that an ocean front room could not be guaranteed and the room rate was $149. I would not stay at the ocean without an ocean front room and so I did not make a reservation. As we drove to AC on 7/13, I called about 2:00 and was told that the room rate was $149 and that an ocean front room could not be guaranteed. Again, I didn't make the reservation. I arrived at your front desk about 3:30 and asked for an ocean front room and was told that I needed to call the reservations number. When was the last time that you couldn’t get a room at the front desk? No matter that this was exceedingly silly,I called reservations and was told that the room rate was now $249! Also, that an ocean front room could not be guaranteed! I am there, wanting a room now! You can tell me the price but not what kind of room! The woman on the reservations line offered to talk to the front desk staff and so I stood in line for about 10 minutes (burning cell phone minutes) and handed my cell to the front desk staff. The two women talked and I was assured that I was checking into an ocean front room. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the room and it was a roof view! No ocean, except for a small view over a large roof and though the legs of a large sign. I returned to the front desk, hoping to find someone who knew the difference between a roof and the ocean. After much angst, the manger William Connolly did refund my money and I moved on to the Trump Taj. The Taj was great!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miner62
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We reserved a two-bed room using an on-line site and were originally given a smallish room overlooking the valet parking entrance on Pacific Avenue. An enterprising porter checked with the front desk and secured us a much better room, overlooking the ocean, at no additional charge. The room proved spacious and comfortable (although the mattresses were less than perfect), and we enjoyed the hotel's location -- in the middle of the Boardwalk, a short walk from the moderninzed Pier One, the Atlantic City Outlet shops, and the bus station (from which I took a bus to and from New York for a day trip).

I would caution future guests to expect few extras for the cost of the room. Internet service was about $14 a day; using the gym would have been $15 a day. On the other hand, if you're looking for a convenient hotel with access to the beach, this is a good choice.