“Beautiful view of nothing”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, De
“Beautiful view of nothing”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The hotel is large with many additions and towers. We were on the 4th floor and overlooked a roof and ballroom lobby on the other side. No ocean, no boardwalk, no view of anything. Outside of that, the room was acceptable. It was clean, and of decent size. Given the price premium that Caesar's commands, I would try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank festermatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,570)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stamford CT
Reviewed May 27, 2009

While the location can't be beaten being mid-boardwalk, I just didn't care for the hotel. When we first checked in, I had booked the least expensive room and they gave it to us! Don't ever stay in room 699! When we got there we were noting how "cute" (read small) the bathroom was. But then we noticed that the window was blocked out with a film and we couldn't see out. My husband was able to open it and discovered it was right next to some sort of large machinery that was making quite a lot of noise. We called to see if they could find us another room. They said they had none left with a king bed at our price range but for $60 a night more... So we stayed in the centurion tower. The room was fine, except it always felt warm and would contantly reset itself to 72 degrees. The bathroom was beautiful. Never knew there was a TV in the mirror in the bathroom until I just read it here (had never heard of such a thing!). Although I did wonder what the remote on the wall was to!

We walked over to The Pier Shops and walked around. It's just like any other mall in any town. Nothing extraordinary. Nothing interesting on the boardwalk either. Just a bunch of crappy t-shirt shops and back chair massage places. Oh and if you need a psychic reading there are a few of those too!

We did the AC outlets, they were ok too. Nothing different here either.

We ate the first night at Mia's in Caesar's, it was quite good, except that they had run out of the wine I drink. The 2nd night we ate at Phillip's Seafood in The Pier Shops. It was just ok. I wouldn't rave about it, but if was good enough. The last night we were there we ate at Primavera's in Caesar's. It was advertised as being "Venetian". Other than one mural and some gaudy chandeliers, there was nothing Venetian about the place. The paintings on the wall all looked like there were American landscapes. Food was good.

We went to the IMAX theater at the Tropicana to see a movie (the only place to see a movie in the area). The Tropicana was really nice! I loved their shopping area and they had some really nice restaurants too. I'm sorry that we found out too late about these places to eat!

If and when we return to Atlantic City, I will either stay at The Tropicana or go over to the harbor area (wasn't too impressed with the boardwalk) and maybe stay at the Borgata.

2 Thank CTKath
Poconos, PA
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Stayed at Caesars-Atlantic City on Friday night, May 22. The night was comped so I was hoping (didn't necessarily expect) to get one of the newly remodeled rooms. We got lucky and were given a premium room in the Centurion Tower and it was absolutely beautiful. The room had an oceanview, tv in the bathroom mirror, fridge, coffeepot and flat screen tv. There were even extra pillows provided in the closet. We didn't need to call housekeeping for anything. The Centurion Tower is located close to the casino, pier, boardwalk and restaurants. My mother came with me and I think she was in awe of the room. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcomed. Check-in was quick and easy. Check-out was simple and done on the hotel room tv screen. The buffet breakfast was wonderful. The casino had a good selection of games. We had a wonderful time and will definetly stay at Caesars again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2009
New Jersey
Reviewed May 20, 2009

This was my third stay at Caesars. The other two times I booked the cheapest rooms. The first time we got a huge room with a view of the lobby. The second time we got a nice room with a nice ocean view.

This trip was for my husband's birthday. He wanted to be on the Boardwalk. He really enjoys the video poker bar in Bally's Wild West. So I looked around and decided on a Premium room at Caesars. We were going on a Tuesday night, so I wanted to splurge for his birthday since the rates were much cheaper than on a weekend.

I booked a Premium room through Expedia (I cannot remember the reason why I booked through Expedia, I usually book directly through the hotel, maybe they had a special?) the description of the room was:
"One king bed or two queen beds. Ocean and city views from large bay windows. Wall-mounted flat-screen TV with surround sound. Bathroom with in-mirror TV. Tiled entry foyer and separate sitting area with marble-topped table. Carpet and marble flooring. "

When we checked in at the front desk, we were given room 2504 in the Centurian tower. Cool, sounds like a high floor. Oh wait, this is Atlantic City. It's not the 25th floor, it is really the 5th floor. The room was nice and clean, however we had a view of a rooftop and the lights that light up the side of the building. There was no TV in the bathroom mirror (I see photos of how it is supposed to be on this site, there was no remote control in the bathroom) and there was no surround sound.

I called the front desk and spoke to Bill, the so-called "manager" asking if we could change rooms because it was not what we were expecting. He said no, they were at 98% capacity. Really? Is that why the lobby was so empty? He brushed me off because I had booked through Expedia and I needed to take it up with them. Now, I travel a lot, and it's pretty well known that you deal with your travel agent before and after. But while on the premises, deal with it there. I tried to call Expedia but was on hold for far too long and we had to get to a restaurant where we had a reservation. There was nothing we could do. I was not expecting a comp, just maybe something better than being treated like Expedia pond scum.

On a positive note, the location of the tower was perfect for where my husband wanted to hang out at Wild Wild West. The room was clean. The furnishing were nice.

I spoke with Expedia today and told them about what happened and that the room was not as described. They gave us a credit for a future booking. They said they would speak with Caesars to let them know about our feelings. Not sure if they will do that. I am satisfied with Expedia's customer service.

So just be aware, if you book a Premium room, do not expect a view, or a TV in the bathroom mirror or surround sound. If you book through anything except the hotel, don't expect good service.

Not sure if we will stay at Caesars again, Bill's attitude soured us on the hotel. If we had only been one floor higher, there would not have been an issue. I just do not believe that the room we were in should be included in the Premium category.

2 Thank LoraJae
NJ
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Dear Readers

I was just at Caesars.. We checked in very late because I couldn't leave earlier from my home on this tipical day.. At check-in- the young man was and always is very friendly to us.. There was not problem at all he gave us the suite. At reservation I like requestion one but ofcourse is not a garantee... We always tip I think especially if they are nice they should get a tip..When we were approaching the room it te big suite.. Some people doesn't like the Ocean tower because the rooms are not updated.. that was fine with us.
We really love it. bme we have which we can at least sleep a little in the morning Hubby and I can't really go anywhere unless someone comes to give my kitty his insulin shot which he gets 2 at 630am and at 630 pm, So that is why for us to stay at Caesars is really nice. Now, the Buffet for me is not as good well, im speaking for my self I don't like the food.. in comparison to Harrahs, Borgata's buffet forget it they win with flying colors lol..
One little complaint we decided to have a little bite so we went to the diamond lounge in Ballys oh gosh that was terrible..I told my hubby I be back I go and get a little sand which thats ok.... He said someone took our order but she hasnt come back... Well, he got up to go and get his food.. There was a waitress taking are of all the tables around where we were sitting.. Let me say that this lady never ever came to the table not even to get the dirty dishes from the table, never asked if we were ok.. Mean while she kept getting things for the other customers. I was wow I cn't believe it. Yes, it was very unfortunate.. My stay is always pretty good....

1 Thank aliandlou7
Nature Coast - FL
Reviewed May 4, 2009

My husband and I had a GREAT experience for a first time at Caesar's and first time in Atlantic City.

The staff at the hotel and casino treated us great. We enjoyed the special event (Derby Party) and show (Jerry Seinfield). Met alot of nice people while we were there (April 30 -May 3 '09) and enjoyed the food, gaming, layout of casino and boardwalk.

I already spoke to my sister and her husband on the great time we had and also to a few of our traveling friends.

A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO HOST, DONNA!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catavante
PA
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in one of the luxury rooms. Very nice room and very very clean. Service was friendly at check and no problem at all took about 2 mins and this was on a friday night. casino floor is great and the pier is even better with the shops and the restaurants which are great. Room service was fast and also very friendly. Slots and tables are good and dont take all your money. All in All just a great place with be visiting again this weekend and will let you know how it went

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple