“Just OK”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2009

First time in Atlantic City for a business trip and was pleased with our room even though parts of the hotel were showing its age. We were concerned because there was only one working elevator to our floor. But overall our stay was plesant , be advised though, this is no Las Vegas.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Thrilled_2_Travel
Write a ReviewReviews (11,507)

Reviewed February 9, 2009

My wife and I have spent many overnight getaways in Atlantic City, primarily at the Showboat (and from our last trip to Caesars, we'll be spending more time at the Showboat.)
I had made a reservation for 2 nights, celebrating my birthday. I called the hotel and told them we would be either very late or very early the next am......PLEASE keep our room reservation. On previous trips, we were in the Centurion Tower, a beautiful modern, luxurious tower. 2 months later, we were in the South Tower.....a nice sized room with a large beautiful bathroom and a nice view.......on this trip,we were placed in the North Tower.....a small room , a miniaturized bathroom,with a view of the parking garage. Happy Birthday! It is the section furthest away from the boardwalk which is why I said that our next room would be valet parking!A hotel of this stature should never give out these rooms......they give a very poor impression of the property.
The attitude at the front desk was horrible........as if we were an imposition by checking in. This was the FIRST time in any of the Harrah's properties(we've stayed at many all over the country), that we have encountered such an attitude. Customer service was most definitely not this woman's forte.
Last week, we stayed at the Showboat, where we were treated and greeted as VIPs, by a very attentive, caring staff. Considering I lose money in both places, at least I am treated much better at the Showboat......where I will continue to lose money, but enjoy myself much more.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Seniorbowler
Reviewed February 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Caesars on 2-6 thur 2-8 2009. Everything was going ok, until we had to check in. The receptionist that checked us in had a nasty attitude. She act like we doing her a disservice, by asking questions. We had never been there before so we were asking question concering the different room sizes and different towers. She was nasty and really unhappy, and considering we had just got there when check-in began, she probably was like that with a lot more traverlers. But besides that the hotel was nice and clean. The casino was also clean. The best part of our stay was our room. We got the upgrade which came with a T.V. in the bathroom mirror and the flatscreen in the bedroom. Also the view wasn't anything to frown about either. Waking up with that beautuful sunrise was just awsome, and being able to look down the broadwalk. Also if you eat at Mortons and plan on spending alot of money, don't forget to give them your comp card, so you can collect points for other things. Also received a coupoun book, which helped alot with different places to dine. We got free drinks and appetizers. So all and all my husband and I would stay there again. As well as recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Theloverfamily
Reviewed February 8, 2009

Went with family members for a weekend away. The hotel itself
is beautiful and the location excellent. We were in a suite with a seperate living room area and the bathroom was extremely large
The furnishings were beautiful. I also liked the we were able to open the windows for fresh air. The lobby area was nice but it looked like it could use a good cleaning. The food was good for the price but the servers seemed overwhelmed. It appeared that due to economy and cutbacks they were understaffed. Some of their attitudes were not the best but under the circumstances i guess understandable. It appeared at some of the resturants that
some of the tables were empry even though there were people waiting to be seated to eat because of the lake of waitstaff. I also noticed that there were a large amount of children at the hotel. I'm
not one of the people who this bothers but I did find it shocking to actually see them in the casino including babies in carriages. I thought that was not allowed. I would difinately go back we had the best time. I just figure that with the circumstances of the economy we live in we need to be understanding .

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Caesars last night and we just loved it.The room was so nice for an Atlantic City hotel.We had a speedy check in,everybody was so helpful.We had reservations made for Mortons steakhouse downstairs which was fab.We went to the Trinity bar for cocktails and spent time gambling.We really had a great time at Caesars.There was no need to leave the hotel,it has everything you need except an indoor pool but everything else was so good that was ok.Would def recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PamelaQueens
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My family and I stayed at Caesars for 3 nights, using our comps for 2 rooms. We have stayed at different Harrah's properties in other cities, but Caesars sets the standard that all HET properties should strive to attain. Our check-in was quick and courteous, our rooms were perfect, clean and comfortable. Everyone employed there--from the desk clerks to the casino servers--was friendly and helpful. The hotel and casino themselves are impressive, but it's the customer service that really makes a person want to pay a return visit, and Caesars has the best employees of any HET property we've stayed at. Even with the expected cutbacks due to the economy, everyone employed there did an outstanding job at making our stay one that we'd want to repeat--and we will. Thank you to all Caesars employees for a wonderful visit.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank janmybeach
Reviewed January 28, 2009

I go to AC about once a month and usually stay at Bally's. I heard Caesars had renovated their rooms so I decided to give them a try. We arrived on Dec 28th and the place was not very crowded.
The VIP check in was very accommodating and the renovated room was very nice. However, we usually use room service for breakfast and on our second morning we called for room service and were told they were short staffed and there would be a 45 minute delay.
Breakfast arrived 3 hours later, and the order was incorrect and the coffee we ordered was just hot water. Waited another half hour for them to bring coffee and missing items from order.
The next time I am going back to Bally's.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple