“Very Impressive”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I am usually offered a comp room at Caesars Atlantic City during the week (not weekends), and I was able to actually take them up on that on a Thursday in October.

Having read numerous posts and the disclaimer on HE Caesars web page, as to where "room type and location is not guaranteed until check in", I was really not expecting to get the Premium room or even a room in the Centurion Tower I booked. I assumed all rooms would be excellent at Caesars, and "comp" is a great motivator towards satisfaction.

Alas, I indeed got a room in the Centurion Tower, which I estimated to be at about 300 sq feet. It did not have a TV in the bathroom mirror, which was no big deal to me since I'm there to gamble and not watch The Weather Channel. As per their web page, this was a Luxury room.

Although it was standard size, the room itself was very appealing, spotlessly clean, and quite comfortable. Your room pass key was needed to operate the elevators, and I felt secure at all times. There was a safe in the room as well. The bathroom and shower area were perfect and the towels were well stocked.

There was no line for my 5 PM check in, and no line for checking out the next morning either. All personnel both in the hotel and casino were polite, friendly, and customer service oriented. The lobby area is attractive in Caesars style, and spacious.

Parking was easy...easy in & out, and free to Platinum and above. Otherwise $5 to "gold" Total Rewards, and most likely free if you're a guest or with minimum play. The hotel/casino is connected to Bally's without walking outside.

Most restaurants are on the 6th floor, and pricey. I had a pre dawn breakfast at Cafe Roma. Although I used Rewards Credits to pay, 2 Eggs, a thin piece of grilled ham, hard toast, soggy hash browns and coffee was $14 + and tip. This is not that I'm surprised, I expect that at Caesars, it's just to inform so the reader can use it as a point of reference. A walk to the Bagel & Dount Connection in the Bally's/Claridge area for breakfast would have been better, but that opens at 7 AM.

The casino was not crowded, table minimums were at $10, and easily available. The dealers were professional and for the most part, friendly. I did find that if you are amassing tier points for you TR card status & comps, Caesars is tight in that regard. I did ask, and they indeed said every HE property in AC has their own "formula" for tier points on table games.

I could have stayed another night, but when I booked the room two months ago it was not available/offered comp on line for Friday, I decided not to ask now & followed through on travel plans outside of AC. Would they have given me the additional night comp???? Ahhh..probably so, but I'll never know.

The hotel itself deserves the "excellent" rating, along with it's location.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
3  Thank Zoke2
Write a ReviewReviews (11,278)

Reviewed October 29, 2008

I was delighted to be offered a comp Premium room at Caesars. This is the first time it has happened in my AC gambling career. I think this less a reflection on my "high roller" status and more of a reflection that HET is going lower and lower on their list trying to get people into their casinos. Anyway, I was delighted with the offer and took it. Walking into the room there is a "wow" factor. The room looked gorgeous. 38th floor looking north on the Boardwalk, great view. Large bathroom with a neat sliding glass door along with a huge tiled shower. Classy decor, flat screen TV, giant king bed, mini fridge. It was a great room.
I went into the bathroom and there is dark brown water in the toilet. I flush it, even darker water fills it. I go to the sink, brown water comes out. I call down to the desk and they say, "oh just let everything run, it will clear up." Sounds like they gave that answer a lot. I flushed the toilet about 10 times and it did clear. I ran the sink for a while, and it got better but still looked tinted. I called again they said they would send an engineer up. No one ever came. The shower too pumped out brown water for a while. I left everthing running and in time it did clear up. Obviously they had a plumbing problem that they did not follow through clearing it up properly. And the attitude of the staff was less than helpful
The bed looked gorgeous, but I found it uncomfortable. The sheets were the roughest I felt in a long while. The pillows all seemed huge. The comforter or whatever it is between the sheets was too heavy and warm. I found myself tossing and turning the whole night.
So a gorgeous room with an uncomfortable bed and an unpleasant plumbing issue left me feeling I had less than a Premium experience. Honestly, I have been more comfortable with basic rooms at Showboat and the Claridge.

• Stayed: October 2008
6  Thank MichaelonLI
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed overnight at Caesar's to attend a show. I got a room through family as they had comps.

I stayed in a newly remodeled room and it is quite splashy. Nice decor, lovely colors, big LCD wall TV and comfy beds. There was also a TV in the bathroom mirror, whichis handy for people getting ready.

However, I did not like the bathroom in general. I liked the old set-up. There is a transculent door on the bathroom, which does not lock and does not close all the way. I'm sure that is all very stylish, however, when you are in a double room with other people, it is quite uncomfortable. It is does not allow for anyone to use the sinks while one is using the shower. There is no tub (which is fine) and the commode is on the other side. I think that had a door on it.

I would have given this review an above average, but it difficult to get over the bathroom. In the king rooms, where couples usually book, it is fine and romantic. In a double room, it does not work at all! Especially, the one I was in, in which we had rooms next to each other with an open connecting door!

Because of this, I did not take a shower, so I have no report on water pressure or the water temp.

Pictures to follow.

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank MyMuse
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Stayed in Centurion Tower, room 2507 for 2 nights.

Pros: Nice room, great LCD TV on wall. iHome iPod alarm clock/dock. Bathroom very nice, big shower (no tub). Mini fridge.

Con: Did not like the bathroom door. It is a sliding door that is translucent glass. If someone is using the bathroom at night, it lets too much light back into the room and is not very sound proof.

Con: This room had a constant soft humming sound at night. I think it was to close to the air ducts or something. If you like white noise machines, this will be a plus for you.

Con: Also, walls very thin. I could here the man next to us having a full conversation on the phone.

Overall, good room considering it was comp'd for 2 nights! Just paid $11 per night taxes.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank scottnagle
Reviewed October 22, 2008

This is an amazing place. The Centurion Tower is THE place to be. My room was on the 40th floor with excellent views of the ocean. Check In was prompt. Room was clean and modern. IPOD docking station was great and the Mirror TV in the bathroom was unique. Overall room was above excellent.
The only thing I didn't care for about the hotel is that there is no indoor pool. They have an outdoor pool but it is only seasonal. You can use Bally's indoor pool but it is a distance plus they charge to use it which i found kind of tacky. Otherwise it was a great trip and I look forward to going down there again!

Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank ChrisC19
Reviewed October 17, 2008

I had stayed in a room in the Temple North tower in December 2007 prior to the remodeling and the room was unimpressive. It was loud and the furnishings were old and worn down. I posted a review here and was contacted by the hotel through e-mail. I then arranged a visit there in July with my wife for our anniversary.

We received a room in the Centurion tower near the top floor. All I can say is WOW! The room was recently remodeled and was exceptional. The bed was very comfortable, the room had a wonderful view of the beach, and there was a large flat screen TV in the room and one inside the mirror in the bathroom. Everything was top notch.

My wife was very impressed with the room and asked why I complained before. I took her down to the Temple North tower to show here the dank hallway and to my surprise it had been renovated too. the hallway was bright and clean with more lights and new paint, wallpaper, and carpet. Obviously, we didn't see a room in this tower but I was very encouraged by the hall.

My impression now is that the renovations are well done and the hotel (especially the Centurion tower) is on par with the Borgata.

Now if I could only win in the casino :(

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Run26miles
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Stayed here for three nights in September, 2008. Huge rooms with all necessities and wonderful view of boardwalk and sea. Left new
pair of shoes behind and discovered the loss when I reached Boston.
Phoned hotel and put through to security and they confirmed they had the shoes. The sent them to me per DHL - no charge and I received them three days later. That's service.

Bernard Casey Ireland

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank basoon