“Non-gamblers sought a quality hotel stay”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Non-gamblers sought a quality hotel stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a Fri-Sat getaway in AC, staying at Caesars in a "Prime, King Bedroom" in the Centurion tower. Up-to-date decor, well maintained and clean, quiet, ocean view, fridge, tv with many channels including several foreign. Fitness room on site; jacuzzi only if you pay $50 spa fee. Housekeeping staff responded quickly for request for more towels. Front desk registered us at 12:45 p.m. upon our arrival so our room was selected then even though check-in was later (left our bags with bell station). Expect about 20% in tax and fees; parking extra (n.a. if you take the train from Philadelphia). Overall, a positive experience. I would recommend.

Green Features: Fridge left off until you turn it on. Only 2 bath towels although housekeeping staff brought more on request in short order. I did not see receptacles for recycling in the lobbies.
1 Thank irene o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,737)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Although it has a prime location on the Atlantic City boardwalk and a decent casino, Caesars doesn't really have anything else going for it. The accommodations are small and very dated. We stayed on the 5th floor of the Coliseum Tower. We had a window that was the equivalent of those found on inside cabins of cruise ships. You can't see out of it because it is totally frosted over, not by the weather, but because it is painted like that. As such, there is zero natural light in the room. The bed was very uncomfortable. The mattress is so soft that your body falls through it. The overall decor is in need of both a thorough painting and cleaning. We will definitely not stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candice R
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I traveled here as part of a birthday trip to AC from NYC. While the room was great and clean, I did not travel to stay in my room. The Service from Check-in (45 minutes) to the casino (rude, unpleasant dealers) was very subpar compared to other Atlantic City Resorts. The table minimums were exceedingly high for a weekday. I would not visit this resort again. Plenty of other better options in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NYC_LAM
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2013

checked in to this hotel and we were given keys to someone elses rooms. at first it was confusing but before long we realized we were actually in someone elses room that was still staying there. we called the desk and we were put into a different room and realized it was also someone elses room once we entered. both rooms had peoples personal belongings in them so it was scary to think that we had access to two peoples rooms. third room we were put in had an electric scooter in it but it was something left behind. all mistakes were very careless on the employees part but we finally got a room of our own! the room was comfortable and convenient to the casino. the bed was very comfortable. not sure we'd stay there again after all the errors.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank local_diner929
Somers, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room was dark, dingy, old and had a window that looked into the dark lobby area not outside. The shower, carpet and everything else in the room was old & dated. The casino is smokey and doesn't have any new machines.

This hotel is a has-been and clearly not even trying to keep up with the newcomers in Atlantic City. If you can't afford Revel or Borgata, there are still plenty of other places in Atlantic City that are newer and nicer than crusty old Caesar's!

When trying to book our room online the Caesar's website allowed me to enter my request, complete with credit card number but then the site would freeze and not process the reservation. I called the reservation number to reserve the room by phone, but they could not honor the online price. When I explained the problem I was having with the site they still would not honor the price and instead gave me an 800 number to call for technical assistance. Really, I need to call tech support to book a hotel room? Fine. I dialed the number, but it was not tech support - it was a phone sex line! *sigh*

I again called the reservation desk, asked to speak to a supervisor and asked for her assistance in taking my reservation and honoring the online price given the difficulties with the website and the issues with the phone number I was given. Even as a supervisor she could not honor the online price.

I gave up on the website and the reservation line and decided to call the hotel directly. (Trust me, if we were not meeting up with friends to celebrate a birthday I would have chosen a different hotel at this point but we wanted to be with our friends.) The operator who answered the phone told me that she did not know if anyone at the hotel could take a reservation. Nonetheless, I asked to speak to someone at the front desk. Finally I reached someone, told her the story and she graciously helped. However, before long we both realized that when I'd asked the operator for the front desk she didn't transfer me to the front desk at Caesar's, she transferred me to the front desk at HARRAH'S (a sister hotel!). Nonetheless, the front desk agent I was speaking to (Jessica at Harrah's) saved the day! She called over to Caesar's and made the reservation for me.

Sadly, although I got the room at a relatively low price, the hotel was so disappointing I still feel like I overpaid!

2 Thank denisegee
North Wildwood, NJ
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Can't say enough about this hotel.
Spotless room, most comfortable bed, all the amenities you would expect to see and enough room to make you feel like it's more than just a hotel room. The staff from the front desk to the maids were exceptional in their service and willingness to help in any way that they can.
The location is at the center of the boardwalk and everything is in walking distance and as a bonus on rainy days it is connected to Bally's hotel and casino and the Pier Shops so you can freely wander from casino's, restaurant's or shopping without having to go outside.
The entire property is clean and inviting and without a doubt, a step above the other casino hotels.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location, right next to the Boardwalk. All other major casinos are at a walking distance. The hotel lobby ambiance is really good. In comparison, the rooms are mediocre. We did not visit the spa or try any restaurants in the hotel. We did go to the casino.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple