“Hotel quality is going down”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Hotel quality is going down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can not tell you how many times we have been to Caesars in AC. It is either that or Borgata for us but in the summer, no better location than Caesars.

When we got to our room (Centurion Tower), there were dirty tissues. old food crumbs on the floor and gum on the bathroom floor. I did call down to have the room vacuumed and cleaned up. There was no laundry bag or ice bag in the bucket. There room weathered. The chairs were a bit ripped and stained and so were the curtains. I remember being her as little as two years ago, even last year and it was in much better condition. It is time for an update for sure!!!!!

The service is great as always but not much a fan of the restaurants with the exception of The Continental at the Pier shops.

The beach service is a bit pricey but well worth it to have your chairs and umbrella put out and cleaned up for you. The staff at rental place was absolutely wonderful.

I love the location of Caesars and they property itself. I just think they rooms and hallways need to be addressed. It was not luxurious by any means.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay at Caesars, you want to be in the Centurion Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,376)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sellersburg, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I understand from reading other reviews that there are many different types of rooms in this hotel. Our room was in the Centurion Tower, and was the most beautiful room we have ever stayed in. We were given a room on the 33rd floor overlooking the ocean and it was just perfect! There was even a doorbell, which we found out when housekeeping came by. Instead of a card to place on the door "do not disturb", there was a button to push to have an electronic message placed by the door. The headboard was mirrored and very impressive. As others have commented, there is a tv in the bathroom mirror, which was fun.....We ordered room service one night and it was also very classy and delicious, and we enjoyed it very much. The room service menu is more extensive than we have seen before. The location of the hotel is also perfect. The pier is very interesting and has several eating places. The casino was nice, but payouts were pretty much non-existent - what else is new? Bally's is just a few steps (indoors) from the Centurion tower, and you should really have a look at it; extensive Western décor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Right in the center of the Boardwalk made this hotel perfect for me & my 3 teenagers. The room was very nice and spotless. The view was of another wall which was very disappointing. But the biggest disappointment was the lack of restaurant choices available in the hotel mid-week. They really need to work on their check in procedures. It takes quite a while and there was always a LONG line. Bad way to start your stay.

Mount Holly, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was much looking forward to my trip to A.C. and staying at Caesars. We had stayed there before and the experience was lovely. Lovely people, lovely facilities and a lovely time. This time however it was different. The hotel seemed run down, dirty even. The staff, not so friendly and they nickeled and dimed you from the time you stepped into the hotel to get your room early cost 10 dollars on a Sunday, until the time you left. I had called the hotel beforehand to check on a few things. My mother is ill and I needed to know about certain amenities. I asked about the pool and also about the beach. I was told by the 800 number that the pool was included in your reservation price but there were no facilities on the beach. I knew this was incorrect having stayed there before so I called the hotel to check. I was told the pool was free w/ your room.I was also told the beach had accommodations and all you had to do was show your room card and you would have your amenities. this was how everything was 2 years ago, so i thanked the person i spoke with and booked my vacation. I was going to take better rooms but i figured I could probably upgrade if we did not like the rooms once we arrived.
Long story short, they wanted to charge us 60 per night to upgrade even tho on the web it was only 35 dollars more per night. I didn't want to to cancel my reservations and rebook bc that was what we would have had to do, so we stayed in a room with no view and that was not to clean looking. As a matter of fact the entire tower looked as though it had seen better years. The next day when we went to the beach we were rudely surprised by exorbitant fees for chair rentals, umbrella rentals and for the tiniest water a 5 dollar fee. All things I was told were included in the price. When we went to the pool there was a 10 dollar fee. Again, I was told that was waived for hotel guests. When I went to speak w/ a manager our first night I was asked who i had spoken with and what time. I did not have the names not did I remember the exact times. The "manager" said there was nothing she could do to help us, unless I had names and times.She assured us that while she did not know the fees for things but her staff did.
It was not until I tweeted my displeasure repeatedly that I saw some results. I thank the nice lady from total rewards who actually listened to me and helped us. I do not remember her name bc I could not write it down as the hotel does not supply pen and paper any longer. but she does exist and to her i say thank you. To Caesars I say never again. By the way, we would have left the hotel to go to the Revel which seemed lovely, and clean and very polite. But they did not have any availability for the nights we needed, so we stayed put.
One positive thing, we had a delicious meal at Mia's and the food at the little cafe across from Mias while expensive was also very tasty for breakfast and snacks.
Bottom line, next time when I go to A.C and i got to A.C. at least 4 times per year, i will not be going to Caesars and probably not any of the Harrah's owned resorts. I was also thinking of maybe going to Vegas and I definitely will not be staying at any Harrah's owned resorts.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the older towers. I forget (or blocked out) our tower, it was either West or...
Green Features: If environmentally friendly practices mean not having amenities such as soaps and shampoo i think that is ridiculous. If environmentally friendly means not having enough towels again,absurd. I did not see anything environmentally friendly, except lack of amenities that we normally would have had.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visit Caesars AC often. The casino, hotel, and restaurants are still all very nice and have been kept to a high standard of quality. We still enjoy visiting Caesars AC and always have a nice time. However, Caesars is wasting a huge opportunity with Bally's right next door. Bally's is also owned by Caesars, and you would hope that they would also take pride in that property and take advantage of the prime location. Instead, it is like Caesars just ignores Bally's and keeps letting it just fall apart. The "Park Place" casino looks the same as it did when it opened (except in worse shape obviously) and the "Wild West" casino is mostly blocked off for a renovation that hasn't moved the slightest bit in the past 2 years. Even with their comps, Total Rewards will always comp me rooms in Bally's, Harrah's or Showboat, but Caesars always cost more. It's like they just flat out admit that "we have one nice casino, so we charge for that one, but you're more than welcome to stay at one of our other 3 dumps for free." Caesars should put money into renovating Bally's so that they could have a huge resort in prime location in AC. Whether they just make Bally's nicer or turn the whole complex into one huge Caesars, I think either method would make them a lot more successful and would make visitors want to spend more time there.

Room Tip: Centurion Tower is the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VegasT24
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I hadn't been to AC in many years but had stayed at Caesars many times and always loved it. What a shock, therefore, to come back to this sprawling hotel, which has none of the glamour of its Las Vegas counterpart. Our room was 2 star quality. The bathroom shower was disgusting with mold on the floor and the room smelled of mold - so much so that I immediately had a headache, which I rarely get. The room overlooked the interior of the casino so it was difficult to get the room dark since the interior light filtered through the cheap drapes. The cherry on this distasteful cake was the $10 charge to use their pool. Really?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GinaQ2
New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

First time in AC, we usually stay at Mohegan Sun Resort Casino in CT. I read all of the reviews about Caesarc in Ac, and how checkin is a nihjtmare, room confimatioms arent honored, etc. we wsited 25 minutes in line to check in os Sunday around 4:30 pm. No. Hassle. The ceturian king room was very expensive, huge, but nothing amazing. The view was crappy ( rootops). The bathroom shower was gorgeous, the best part of the room. Iy was a corner room, so it was quiet. We were suprised that there was no free WiFi...thats kinda standard. Paying for parking when you've shelled out $369 for your 1 night stay seems like a ripoff. We werent enjoying the gambling at Caesars, so we walked thru to Ballys and had a blast.
Net/net: no real customer service at the front desk. We were to get a AAA discount rate adjustment on checkin...at least, that is what the reservationist confimed when we made the reservation. When we checked in, they said it would be adjusted at checkout....okaaaay....and at checkout....you guessed it....they said that can only happen when the reservations are made. We werent going to throw a fit over $40, but it sure dioes say alot aboit the poor management and lack of integrity of their operation. We Wont be back.

• Stayed July 2013