“Downhill in just 2 years...”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was much looking forward to my trip to A.C. and staying at Caesars. We had stayed there before and the experience was lovely. Lovely people, lovely facilities and a lovely time. This time however it was different. The hotel seemed run down, dirty even. The staff, not so friendly and they nickeled and dimed you from the time you stepped into the hotel to get your room early cost 10 dollars on a Sunday, until the time you left. I had called the hotel beforehand to check on a few things. My mother is ill and I needed to know about certain amenities. I asked about the pool and also about the beach. I was told by the 800 number that the pool was included in your reservation price but there were no facilities on the beach. I knew this was incorrect having stayed there before so I called the hotel to check. I was told the pool was free w/ your room.I was also told the beach had accommodations and all you had to do was show your room card and you would have your amenities. this was how everything was 2 years ago, so i thanked the person i spoke with and booked my vacation. I was going to take better rooms but i figured I could probably upgrade if we did not like the rooms once we arrived.
Long story short, they wanted to charge us 60 per night to upgrade even tho on the web it was only 35 dollars more per night. I didn't want to to cancel my reservations and rebook bc that was what we would have had to do, so we stayed in a room with no view and that was not to clean looking. As a matter of fact the entire tower looked as though it had seen better years. The next day when we went to the beach we were rudely surprised by exorbitant fees for chair rentals, umbrella rentals and for the tiniest water a 5 dollar fee. All things I was told were included in the price. When we went to the pool there was a 10 dollar fee. Again, I was told that was waived for hotel guests. When I went to speak w/ a manager our first night I was asked who i had spoken with and what time. I did not have the names not did I remember the exact times. The "manager" said there was nothing she could do to help us, unless I had names and times.She assured us that while she did not know the fees for things but her staff did.
It was not until I tweeted my displeasure repeatedly that I saw some results. I thank the nice lady from total rewards who actually listened to me and helped us. I do not remember her name bc I could not write it down as the hotel does not supply pen and paper any longer. but she does exist and to her i say thank you. To Caesars I say never again. By the way, we would have left the hotel to go to the Revel which seemed lovely, and clean and very polite. But they did not have any availability for the nights we needed, so we stayed put.
One positive thing, we had a delicious meal at Mia's and the food at the little cafe across from Mias while expensive was also very tasty for breakfast and snacks.
Bottom line, next time when I go to A.C and i got to A.C. at least 4 times per year, i will not be going to Caesars and probably not any of the Harrah's owned resorts. I was also thinking of maybe going to Vegas and I definitely will not be staying at any Harrah's owned resorts.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the older towers. I forget (or blocked out) our tower, it was either West or...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Caesars Atlantic City

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visit Caesars AC often. The casino, hotel, and restaurants are still all very nice and have been kept to a high standard of quality. We still enjoy visiting Caesars AC and always have a nice time. However, Caesars is wasting a huge opportunity with Bally's right next door. Bally's is also owned by Caesars, and you would hope that they would also take pride in that property and take advantage of the prime location. Instead, it is like Caesars just ignores Bally's and keeps letting it just fall apart. The "Park Place" casino looks the same as it did when it opened (except in worse shape obviously) and the "Wild West" casino is mostly blocked off for a renovation that hasn't moved the slightest bit in the past 2 years. Even with their comps, Total Rewards will always comp me rooms in Bally's, Harrah's or Showboat, but Caesars always cost more. It's like they just flat out admit that "we have one nice casino, so we charge for that one, but you're more than welcome to stay at one of our other 3 dumps for free." Caesars should put money into renovating Bally's so that they could have a huge resort in prime location in AC. Whether they just make Bally's nicer or turn the whole complex into one huge Caesars, I think either method would make them a lot more successful and would make visitors want to spend more time there.

Room Tip: Centurion Tower is the best.
1  Thank VegasT24
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I hadn't been to AC in many years but had stayed at Caesars many times and always loved it. What a shock, therefore, to come back to this sprawling hotel, which has none of the glamour of its Las Vegas counterpart. Our room was 2 star quality. The bathroom shower was disgusting with mold on the floor and the room smelled of mold - so much so that I immediately had a headache, which I rarely get. The room overlooked the interior of the casino so it was difficult to get the room dark since the interior light filtered through the cheap drapes. The cherry on this distasteful cake was the $10 charge to use their pool. Really?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GinaQ2
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

First time in AC, we usually stay at Mohegan Sun Resort Casino in CT. I read all of the reviews about Caesarc in Ac, and how checkin is a nihjtmare, room confimatioms arent honored, etc. we wsited 25 minutes in line to check in os Sunday around 4:30 pm. No. Hassle. The ceturian king room was very expensive, huge, but nothing amazing. The view was crappy ( rootops). The bathroom shower was gorgeous, the best part of the room. Iy was a corner room, so it was quiet. We were suprised that there was no free WiFi...thats kinda standard. Paying for parking when you've shelled out $369 for your 1 night stay seems like a ripoff. We werent enjoying the gambling at Caesars, so we walked thru to Ballys and had a blast.
Net/net: no real customer service at the front desk. We were to get a AAA discount rate adjustment on checkin...at least, that is what the reservationist confimed when we made the reservation. When we checked in, they said it would be adjusted at checkout....okaaaay....and at checkout....you guessed it....they said that can only happen when the reservations are made. We werent going to throw a fit over $40, but it sure dioes say alot aboit the poor management and lack of integrity of their operation. We Wont be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank lynnz22
Reviewed August 24, 2013

1 nite stay in the ocean tower king bed was fantastic , like new and the bathroom has glass walkin shower marble floor with seat in it and toilet had its own seperate room off shower. spacious. very well maintain . room 4410 if that helps

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Staff was great. However I stayed in Centurian Tower and it really needs to be updated. Found hair on floor. Table not clean. Air cond not working well. I am a Diamond Member. These rooms are supposed to be some of the best and they need re-modeling. There slots are much tighter than Harrahs. There resturarants however are good. Pricey but at least worth it, you are in AC.They keep there suites up really well but rest needs some work.Beds are comforatable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thecips
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I just returned from 2 nights at Caesar's in Atlantic City. Our room, in the Centurian Tower, was great with a large walk-in shower and separate toilet room. The bed was very comfortable and the staff friendly.

As other reviewers have noted, the food is a bit pricey. It is worth the price for the specialty restaurants (we had a fabulous dinner in the Atlantic grill for around $150, including 2 drinks). But the cafes and buffet are horrible and way over priced. Our breakfast was barely one step above gruel and cost 4 times what it's worth. Find a place on the boardwalk for casual meals (be sure to try the pizza at Three Brothers... best ANYWHERE!).

Now to the casino... It's laid out very nicely with the machines and tables widely separated. A lot of smoke, even on the non-smoking floor, but that's the way it is in most casinos. The minimums were too high for us to do the table games, so we stuck to the slots. Should have spent the extra money on the tables. The machines were tighter than at an Indian casino. I never saw anyone win more than $200, and they usually put that back in the machine. Awful. My suggestion is to gamble at the Showboat for at least a chance to visit with your money for a while.

I would recommend Caesar's for a "special" weekend, but not for gambling.

Room Tip: Try to get the newly renovated Centurian Tower.
1  Thank John B