“Better than average for AC”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Caesars AC is above average, in my opinion , for AC Casino Hotels. They have at least attempted to upgrade their rooms which were generally very clean and sapcious with excellent service. Compared to some of the older, and very dated AC hotels I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was smooth and hassle free, we were made to feel very welcome, and the trip turned into a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robbyremi19605
There are newer reviews for Caesars Atlantic City

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Caesar's is a classic hotel casino. The atmosphere walking into the lobby area is very enjoyable. From the high domed ceilings, to the Roman columns, there is an air of richness surrounding you. The check in process on my visit was tedious. There were 4 employees checking in guests but anyone that was a diamond or platinum reward member had a different line and were always called first, ahead of those poor souls not considered high rollers. It was also a bit frustrating waiting about 40 minutes to get the room key and then still pay a $10 early check in fee when check in time was less than an hour away. With such a long wait having that fee waived would have been a nice courtesy for waiting so long. Once in the room I was very pleased with the design and layout. Although the room was very nice you can tell it takes a lot of abuse from guests as some chips were in counters but all in all the room was wonderful. The parking garage is a good walk from the rooms but still very convenient with indoor walkways over the street below. I'd recommend Caesar's if you are looking for a room in an Atlantic City casino.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are a family of 4 including 2 kids aged 5 and 7 who stayed at the Caesars Atlantic City from July 17th to 20th 2013. The hotel itself is very well located and our room in the Centurion tower had 2 queen beds and was quiet and comfortable. That's about all the positives I can say...

Cleanliness of the room: the room was clearly not fully cleaned before we got in and while we stayed; I noticed a tooth pick beside the bed when we checked in and it was still there where we checked out.

Restaurants: the interesting thing is that there is no way to get a list of restaurants in the room. In a 4 star hotel, you usually have a binder in the room with details of the hotel, etc. There is a binder in the Caesars room, it's just for room service. I went to front desk and they gave me a really ugly map of the building. No mention of the restaurant names, what they server, nothing. Ah, and there is no concierge (4 stars really?), you have to wait at front desk with everyone else who checks in. So, no hotel info in the room, no phone numbers for taxi cabs, nothing, you're on your own or you go wait at the front desk line. Oh yeah, we found the restaurants but the whole floor where the restaurants were smelt so bad that my daughters were pinching their nose. I really wanted to try the buffet, so many people mentioned it on tripadvisor and I don't have a picky nose like my kids but it was out of the question. My wife also gave me the eyes that said "no way, let's get out of here". So we went on the boardwalk, one night at the rainforest cafe next door and once lunch at a decent food place in the mall on the pier across the boardwalk. the smell was a mix of smoke, dampness and incrusted smell of smoke or fish. no, it's not the old Air conditioning in carpet smell, it was nasty.

Pool: we travel with our kids. But kids are not allowed at the pool (!!). Uho. In fact, even for adults, I think it's 5$ per person. So we were told that we could go next door to Bally's for 10$ a day per person (that's 40$ per DAY!). The pool at bally's is so small we felt like we were ripped off. One person at Bally's told me to go to the pool of the REVEL hotel, it was free and accepted kids. We went there the next day and OH WOW WOW, we found our hotel if we ever go back to Atlantic City. Just for the fact that they welcomed us to their pool even though we were not guests puts them in our hearts and the REVEL hotel certainly deserves our money next time. So, bottom line, no pool for kids at Ceasars.

Internet access: you have to pay 12.99 per day. And it's per device. And it's only in your room. If you want access in all of the hotel, it's 17.99. Wait, what? Are we still in 2006?!?!

Parking: yep, you have to pay for that too...

Price match guarantee: forget it. In fact, if I don't hear back from management within a week, I'm going Better Business Bureau on this. You know that nice logo that says that they guarantee that nobody has a better price then them and that they will pay back the difference if we can find something better? Well, I fell for that and blindly booked directly with the hotel thinking, at worse, they'll just match it. 1 hour later, my wife finds a better deal. I thought I was glad I booked directly with Ceasars because of that "price guarantee" logo plastered all over their web site. So I fill out all the forms and try to FAX them (that's right, you have to fax them). My fax machine tried ten times, always busy. Tried later in the day, again 10 times, always busy. Then I emailed then, no reply. I checked with front desk when I checked in but was told I should have booked with the place that had the better price (essentially, they told me I was stupid to trust the "price guarantee logo"). I resent my email 2 days ago, still no reply.

If anyone from Caesars reads this, my booking was direct with YOU, booking number D3QNP. Look it up then get back to me. You have my name, phone number and email on record. Seriously, I'll make sure that you remove all these "price match guarantee" logos if you don't actually price match. I didn't reserve through orbitz, expedia, priceline or other. I booked with you directly and that's how you thank me?? You can't even price match expedia... Seriously...

Management: D3QNP, look it up.

anyway, for all these nickle and dime charges, I have to give this hotel a very average score. Especially after walked over to REVEL. There is no way I would ever encourage a family to go there. Gamblers, yes. Bunch of guys or gals, sure. Family, no, no and no, don't go there.

I went to vegas at least 8 times and this was my first time in Atlantic city. Partly to spend money in an area hurt by Sandy. I like the area, the boardwalk, the light show, the outlets, etc. But I wish I stayed at the revel. And the price match thing, that's just dishonest.

Pierre

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank PierreBus
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is a big hotel with a huge lobby and lots of people. Fortunately check-in was hassle free and we didn't have to wait long for the room. There were a few towers and we had to walked pass the casino to get to the hotel room which was quite a distance from the hotel reception.

Parking was quite full most of the time. We had to walk a fair bit from the hotel room to the car-park and vice versa. We had a double room with a spacious bathroom. It was interesting to find there was a 'tv' on the mirror of the bathroom which was fun!

The room was beautifully decorated and clean. However, wifi was not free. The hotel is very close to the boardwalk and shopping districts. It was very relaxing walking around in the breeze. It was a good stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Light-cruiser
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This review is for the casino. They have the least helpful management I have ever encountered! There's a faulty .50c slot machine (GH06). I actually inserted $94 cash voucher and immediately it turned into .25 cents without even touching the slot! So I had to call attendant who took roughly about 30 mins. The attendant then told me he had to call someone else and was gone. I had to wait for another half an hour before this guy Louis Northrup (manager?) showed up. So he did some enquiries about where I got that voucher from and to see if my case was relevant or not (of course). Then he checked the previous machine from where I had actually cashed out that voucher. After taking notes he says that he has to check the system and disappears for another 20 mins! He comes back and says that someone has already cashed that amount when the person who sat after me was right there during the whole time! And he tells me to contact the security! So I had to go to the security and explain everything once again! Now the security tells me to wait for another ten mins as they review the security camera. After fifteen mins they inform me that the person next to me used my money to play at the same machine when I clearly saw her putting $20 hard cash two times and cashing out none! All i got was" too bad its your fault" and 2 different contradictory reasons: The manager telling me someone cashed it out already and I have this security team telling me that the next person played with my money! They never once admitted the faulty machine! Not only my money was gone in seconds, they ruined my mood and my 5 other friends who were trying to have a good time at the AC! After reading some reviews on all the travel sites, I'm glad I didn't stay at their hotel! They surely SUCK BiG Time!!! I'll better stick to the Bally's and Trump!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Lobten
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Returned to the property several times in the last year. Always a wonderful experience. Great location, reasonably priced and friendly staff. Rooms are nicely decorated with super views of the ocean. Great place to relax and watch the world go by. I won't talk about the gambling in hopes that practice makes perfect.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view, higher floors are best
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeonardoG408
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I arrived at 4:30 pm and stood in line for over 30 minutes because of the long line and the fact that they only had three people doing check-ins. The Diamond line, of course, was quick.
On my way to dinner at Café Roma I stop at the Loyalty Counter (whatever it's called) and ask to sign up as a member so that I can get a discount at the restaurant. The woman tells me that there are no discounts for club members. I say, "yes, there is they told me only the phone." The man next to her tells her that there are discounts but only for the buffet. I walk off, only to see two prices on the Club Roma menu, one for clubs members, and one for everyone else. I can't remember the last time any hotel put such an incompetent person behind a service desk.
When I checked out I told the person, "don't print my bill, just tell me what I owe." Check-out person immediately prints out my bill and hands it to me.
My whole stay was one of saying, "this is what you get by way of staff when you pay minimum wage."
.... and to top it all, the hotel has a daily shifting policy of early check-in fees. On my arrival it was "$10 to check in before 3 pm." and on my departure it was "$15 to check-in before 12 noon." This is on top of the high Wi-Fi charge. They should change their name to Spirit airlines Hotel. with the motto, .... unless you're diamond, we'll treat you like the nobody that you are.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family