“Worst Room Ever”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

So true story. I went in my room. I usually like to check the view first since I'm in AC. Lots of lights, beach view, and energy outside. I move the curtains to the side. Then move the clear-looking curtains. My jaw dropped. All I saw is a wall! This is a fake window! Basically, there are no windows. I'm staying in a closet. Worst room ever.

The pathway to self park is the longest I ever experienced. I need a car just to drive to my car.

The wait for bell guy was like half an hour.

The line at the cashier was excruciating long. I normally avoid the cashier but no slot machine or bill breaker would take the money that I just gotten from their ATM!

This casino and Bally's are the absolute worst of the their bunch. I would opt for Showboat or Harrah's which is a bit more upscale. Only the Trump casinos are worst than them but that's not saying much.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Max D
Write a ReviewReviews (11,294)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently stayed at Caesar's for one night on a gambling jaunt and I'm sorry to say, it was Poor at best.

To begin: I arrived early in the day and had to pay $10 to check into my "comped" room before the regular check-in time. Ten bucks is no big deal, but it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you know the room is ready and waiting for you. And, oh yea...you've gambled (lost) enough money to them to be offered a "comped" room in the first place.

Next, the Spa visit: Qua spas is nice, but not nearly as spacious as the website photos would make you believe. I've been there before, so no surprise to me, but would be to the first-timer. I had carefully scheduled my services to allow time for a late meal between massage and facial. However, I was NOT told that the spa tubs close at 5:30pm on Tuesdays (my night) for cleaning. In fact, I had asked at booking about closing time, and again upon entry, so was very dismayed to arrive after my meal to find that I wouldn't be able to enjoy one of the best perks of the place after my facial. I will say that the staff was apologetic and offered a free spa entry pass for the following day. Since I was leaving the following day, this would only be of minimal value.

However...I did TRY to use it the following morning, only to arrive at Qua and find that all of the spa tubs were cold...apparently it takes quite a while for the tubs to heat up after cleaning. Soooo...that "spa pass" was useless. The staff member who had to listen to my complaints tried her best and offered me yet another free day pass to use on a future visit. I guess that's something...a bit better than nothing.

My next disappointment came when the toilet in my room flooded. Fortunately, I am aware of the mechanics of a toilet and was able to stop the flow of water by lifting the tank cover and pulling up the bulb. Not quite fast enough to avoid a sopping wet floor, toilet-water splash on my clothes, and some wet carpet. BTW...there was nothing substantial in the toilet.
A call to maintenance and twenty-minute wait later...toilet was fixed and arrangements made to move to another room. Note: the maintenance man said that "it doesn't take much to flood these things." That's comforting!

In the Meantime: I had a nice late lunch at Café Roma (between my spa appointments) which I attempted to use "Total Rewards" points to pay for. The cashier said that my "account wasn't working" so after about a fifteen minute wait and a discussion with the Café supervisor, I ended up charging it to my room.

Around 9pm, after the bad spa visit, after the toilet flood, and after the room change, I settled into a slot machine, inserted my slot card and found that ALL of my rewards points were gone.

Next Stop: Total Rewards Booth where I discovered that I had been charged TWICE for the one lunch. Oh yea...and they had charged it a THIRD time to my room. It took approximately 1.5 hours to iron this out. I had to trudge between the TR booth, Café Roma and the front desk to finally get it right, and am not sure if I ever got it right in the end.

In short: the small pleasures of the spa were dashed by the unpleasant room and TERRIBLE communication between Spa, Total Rewards, and Front Desk. It's a shame as this property has so much to offer.

Management needs to get it together...literally.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gotarheels
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in a King room in the Ocean Tower. The room itself was very nice. The view wasn't very good but I didn't expect that it would be since we arrived a little late. The location is fine. My issue was with the pool. First of all, you have to picky to get into the pool. Ridiculous. Secondly, we tried to sit near the pool when it was cloudy out and were too it was closed due to weather. We just left but there were other customers there complaining. We went back a few hours later when the sun came out and the pool was open but the bar was closed. We weren't told this before we paid to get in either. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we didn't get to experience the pool bar, HUGE disappointment. My final gripe is the fact that it has taken a ridiculous time for them to refund the hold for incidentals. We checked out the morning of 7/3, it's 7/12 and we still have not been reimbursed. I called and they said 7-10 days. That is completely insane in my opinion. How is that not automated? And how is it pod customer service to hold on to someone else's money for 7-10 days? Especially when their charges went through the same day.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are immaculate. That said, I was a bit disappointed with the pool. It's very small and crowded and they charged us $5 per person to swim. Otherwise, excellent value for your money overall. Try out the Bar bites at Morton's steak house during happy hour. The burger is to die for.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Arthur34515
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Another nice stay in Atlantic City. We walked right up to the front desk and checked in with ease on Sunday, June 16. I agree with other reviewers, the walk to our hotel tower was long but the walk was worth it. Our king size room was big, clean and spacious with a view of the boardwalk. Our room was quiet, which is usually not the case, especially on the weekends, maybe because it was the Fathers Day weekend. The water pressure in the shower was perfect. After a night of dinner and gambling, I slept like a rock. Out of all of the Caesars’ properties in AC, this hotel room was my favorite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeneenBP
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I stayed here the weekend of 6/21/2013. We really enjoyed this hotel. I'll try to make a few comments for like minded travelers.

We asked to be upgraded to a Premium Room, and we were, with no extra charge. Don't be afraid to ask. I'm sure it depends on availability. The room didn't have a great view, but it was in the corner and away from the elevator. Very quiet, and very clean and comfortable. Beds were very comfy. The bathroom was the most impressive part of this hotel room in my opinion. The shower was very large and even had a bench seat. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't think of anything else about the hotel itself, becuase we usually don't ask for to many special things like some of the other people I see on this site. My bottom line is usually was the hotel worth the advertised rate based on my experience traveling several other places, and the answer is "YES". We didn't get any discounts because we dont' do Priceline and all that stuff, although we did get the upgrade. Can't really speak for regular rooms........From what I saw on reservations, premium rooms were about $50 more. If you are debating on that kind of price differential either at reservations or at the counter, you won't be dissapointed. For example if we go back and the room is $120 for regular and $170 for premium, I'm sure we will pay the $170. Even though we haven't seen the regular room.

Have fun!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and private.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our room was nicer than expected. Very comfortable, better than average bed. The bathroom was very nice size, and had a separate commode. Very good experience. Very quick check in experience that surprised me. Cannot beat the location.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Front, or Ocean View
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple