“Casino needs an overhaul”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped in for one night after 4 nights at the marvelous new Revel. The contrast with the amazing Revel Casino with Caesars couldn't be more stark. Caesars have a great location, the Pier Shops, great restaurant choices and are in close proximity to the newer outlet stores that replaced the old ugly entry part of AC so there is a lot to be positive about. The casino though smells of smoke and moisture. It's in dire need of a facelift, more new machines and a design that is more in line with the beautiful lobby. The same could be said about all the other casinos I dropped into in AC like Bally's, the Taj Mahal and Harrah's. All of them have a permanent smell that is hard to adjust to the second you step into these places. Common AC. Catch up to the Revel and the Borgata and make AC better than Vegas. Vegas doesn't have a fantastic ocean and boardwalk. Use what you have and use your imagination. This could be the greatest travel destination in the world if investors would just team up and create a vision. A lot has been done to clean up AC but a lot more has to be done.

Room Tip: ask for ocean view and higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LVPH

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Came here on a Friday for an out of control night and had a great time. Friendly staff and because there was four of us staying in the room we only had to $35 each for the night. I really can't see how you can fault that for such a well presented and clean hotel. I didn't spend any time in the Casino but we hit up the nightclub inside the hotel called 'Dusk' and had a great time (even though it was surprisingly empty for a Friday night). If you are looking for a good place to stay in Atlantic City then this is it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here with my family on June, 8th, the rooms are clean and roomy, beds very comfortable, just a walk to Bally's and Wild Wild West for my family, close to the Pier Shopping center.
Staffs are very friendly, No downside, would stay here again with my family that next time.
Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephy8899
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have just returned from four great nights at Caesars Atlantic City! Don't let negative posts scare you. This is a very nice property. You get what you pay for in any hotel and casino.

I took a cab from the airport and it was quick and affordable. I arrived at about 5:00p on a Tuesday and had no trouble at the front desk getting my room. My reservation was for a premium room and I received an extremely nice premium room with a great view of the boardwalk and ocean from the 38th floor of the Centurion Tower. The ladies working the counter that evening were very friendly, helpful, and it made a good first impression.

The maids did a fantastic job with the room each morning. On the first morning, I went for my daily four mile walk at 8:00a and returned to find that they had already cleaned the room. I was impressed that they cleaned it that early. I hadn't placed my maid tip before leaving, so I found the maid and made sure that she received the tip. Recommendation to other travelers - good customers tip the maids daily because the maid that cleans your room one day may not be the one that cleans it on the final day.

I visited the front desk on the third night to make sure that the bill was in order and that I was set for the final night and Sonya did a great job helping me.

I am a Diamond Player and only play craps. I had been told ahead of time to expect some of the dealers to be a bit abrasive. Just like at any casino, a few of dealers could have been more friendly, but the good ones sure made up for it! I am a player that tips the dealers during play and when I finish. We were having a great time on Thursday and my buddy and I placed dealer bets and hit on them for over $200.00 for the dealers in just about 10 minutes. It was great! The dealers like to hit money just like we do! Make sure that you 'piggy-back' your dealer bets and they can keep hitting. Thanks again Steph, Mary, and the others!

I made it a point to visit all of the Harrah's/Caesars properties while in town. I had a nice time at Bally's, Showboat, and Harrah's. The Total Rewards Express Shuttle is available to get to the other properties, but it doesn't run often enough and be prepared to wait. If you miss it, you can have to wait at least 45 minutes or more for another one. The Total Rewards Express Shuttle driver was nice and friendly. We simply started using the Jitneys. They pass directly by the properties and are only $2.25. It's not as smooth of a ride, but they run more often and will get you there fast. It appears that Atlantic City runs the Jitneys.

Overall, I highly recommend Caesars Atlantic City. I had a great time and I will be back to AC and Caesars.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I made my first trip to Atlantic City with somewhat low expectations, thinking it would be much lower quality than Vegas. We opted for Caesar's and were quite pleased that the room was very pleasant, though missing basic amenities like luggage racks, robes, glasses...but did include an in-room coffee maker. Casino was ok, we prefer table games and they had lots of tables with unusual games but practically no plain vanilla blackjack tables. We actually found gambling to be more pleasant next door at Ballys. Very convenient to the Boardwalk and the pier that has a semi-high-end mall on it. While we were there the Thursday before Memorial Day and had beautiful weather, Atlantic City was nto quite ready for the season and practically nothing was open that allowed you to enjoy the views or nice weather. At times, we actually struggled to find a place to get a drink...bars were sparse for a gambling destination. Our conclusion was that we would be willing to return, and preferred this location to the off-Boardwalk hotels like Borgata.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cvlcharlotte
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a roadtrip to Washington DC then to Atlantic city for a couple nights after Washington. I read many reviews on hotels in AC and decided this one sounded the best, especially at the Expedia special rate of $90 a night. I had low expectations going into this hotel because of all the recent bad reviews. So I was extremely surprised when we walked in to a gorgeous building with exceptionally friendly staff. They were very helpful and welcoming. We had a free upgrade with our room package and got a premium king room in the Centurion tower. The view wasn't great, but we could still see the beach from the corner of the window. And to be honest, do you really need an amazing view when it's less than a minute walk right onto the beach and boardwalk? Our room was great, nice big bed, lovely large shower and bathroom. Had two great sleeps at this hotel.

The location of Caesars is also great. Attached to Bally's and also the Pier shops. If you want to hit the Tanger outlets off the boardwalk, it's no more than a 5 minute walk out the front entrance. So definitely a great location.

We ate here once at a Cafe down the hall from the buffet (we were too late to get into the buffet:( which BTW is $34 a person??? seems insanely pricey to me...) the cafe was good. decent food...I'd suggest eating outside of this hotel though, walk down the strip to the Margaritaville or it's sister restaurant Landshark which is right on the beach.

Overall, for the price, I will definitely be returning here if I'm in AC again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing and romantic vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bgagne
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Checked in at 3 pm with a ten - fifteen minute wait in the car to pull up to valet parking and no wait at all at check-in desk. We got a courtesy upgrade to a corner ocean front towers room with a great wraparound view of the beach and boardwalk. Very comfortable bed but I brought my own pillow because their's tend to be hard. The room had excellent AC and good lighting by the bed side. There was a table and two chairs, a mini fridge and a large flat screen TV as well as a nice amount of drawer space. The closet is large with a safe and iron/ironing board inside. In the bathroom the sink had a nice large counter space, lots of fluffy towels and good bath mini's. The large shower had a glass door and the toilet was in a room of it's own. Elevators were the fastest we've ever used and you need your room key to access the room floors.

We had a lovely maid who gave us extra coffee packs and when we called housekeeping for an extra blanket they were at the door in minutes. Service in all areas of the hotel and casino was excellent and helpful. The hotel itself is attached by escalators to The Pier for high end shopping over the ocean. The restaurants in The Pier are all very good and have excellent 'happy hour' deals on food and drinks. The hotel is also attached by escalators/elevator to The Wild West Casino which is then connected to Bally's and finally The Claridge. If you don't want to go outside you don't have to brave the elements. The connected properties also opens up a lot of dining choices at all price points.

Room Tip: Centurion Tower rooms are closest to the boardwalk and beach.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple