“Amazing First Visit to Caesars Atlantic City”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tennessee
“Amazing First Visit to Caesars Atlantic City”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have just returned from four great nights at Caesars Atlantic City! Don't let negative posts scare you. This is a very nice property. You get what you pay for in any hotel and casino.

I took a cab from the airport and it was quick and affordable. I arrived at about 5:00p on a Tuesday and had no trouble at the front desk getting my room. My reservation was for a premium room and I received an extremely nice premium room with a great view of the boardwalk and ocean from the 38th floor of the Centurion Tower. The ladies working the counter that evening were very friendly, helpful, and it made a good first impression.

The maids did a fantastic job with the room each morning. On the first morning, I went for my daily four mile walk at 8:00a and returned to find that they had already cleaned the room. I was impressed that they cleaned it that early. I hadn't placed my maid tip before leaving, so I found the maid and made sure that she received the tip. Recommendation to other travelers - good customers tip the maids daily because the maid that cleans your room one day may not be the one that cleans it on the final day.

I visited the front desk on the third night to make sure that the bill was in order and that I was set for the final night and Sonya did a great job helping me.

I am a Diamond Player and only play craps. I had been told ahead of time to expect some of the dealers to be a bit abrasive. Just like at any casino, a few of dealers could have been more friendly, but the good ones sure made up for it! I am a player that tips the dealers during play and when I finish. We were having a great time on Thursday and my buddy and I placed dealer bets and hit on them for over $200.00 for the dealers in just about 10 minutes. It was great! The dealers like to hit money just like we do! Make sure that you 'piggy-back' your dealer bets and they can keep hitting. Thanks again Steph, Mary, and the others!

I made it a point to visit all of the Harrah's/Caesars properties while in town. I had a nice time at Bally's, Showboat, and Harrah's. The Total Rewards Express Shuttle is available to get to the other properties, but it doesn't run often enough and be prepared to wait. If you miss it, you can have to wait at least 45 minutes or more for another one. The Total Rewards Express Shuttle driver was nice and friendly. We simply started using the Jitneys. They pass directly by the properties and are only $2.25. It's not as smooth of a ride, but they run more often and will get you there fast. It appears that Atlantic City runs the Jitneys.

Overall, I highly recommend Caesars Atlantic City. I had a great time and I will be back to AC and Caesars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,662)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I made my first trip to Atlantic City with somewhat low expectations, thinking it would be much lower quality than Vegas. We opted for Caesar's and were quite pleased that the room was very pleasant, though missing basic amenities like luggage racks, robes, glasses...but did include an in-room coffee maker. Casino was ok, we prefer table games and they had lots of tables with unusual games but practically no plain vanilla blackjack tables. We actually found gambling to be more pleasant next door at Ballys. Very convenient to the Boardwalk and the pier that has a semi-high-end mall on it. While we were there the Thursday before Memorial Day and had beautiful weather, Atlantic City was nto quite ready for the season and practically nothing was open that allowed you to enjoy the views or nice weather. At times, we actually struggled to find a place to get a drink...bars were sparse for a gambling destination. Our conclusion was that we would be willing to return, and preferred this location to the off-Boardwalk hotels like Borgata.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cvlcharlotte
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a roadtrip to Washington DC then to Atlantic city for a couple nights after Washington. I read many reviews on hotels in AC and decided this one sounded the best, especially at the Expedia special rate of $90 a night. I had low expectations going into this hotel because of all the recent bad reviews. So I was extremely surprised when we walked in to a gorgeous building with exceptionally friendly staff. They were very helpful and welcoming. We had a free upgrade with our room package and got a premium king room in the Centurion tower. The view wasn't great, but we could still see the beach from the corner of the window. And to be honest, do you really need an amazing view when it's less than a minute walk right onto the beach and boardwalk? Our room was great, nice big bed, lovely large shower and bathroom. Had two great sleeps at this hotel.

The location of Caesars is also great. Attached to Bally's and also the Pier shops. If you want to hit the Tanger outlets off the boardwalk, it's no more than a 5 minute walk out the front entrance. So definitely a great location.

We ate here once at a Cafe down the hall from the buffet (we were too late to get into the buffet:( which BTW is $34 a person??? seems insanely pricey to me...) the cafe was good. decent food...I'd suggest eating outside of this hotel though, walk down the strip to the Margaritaville or it's sister restaurant Landshark which is right on the beach.

Overall, for the price, I will definitely be returning here if I'm in AC again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing and romantic vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bgagne
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Checked in at 3 pm with a ten - fifteen minute wait in the car to pull up to valet parking and no wait at all at check-in desk. We got a courtesy upgrade to a corner ocean front towers room with a great wraparound view of the beach and boardwalk. Very comfortable bed but I brought my own pillow because their's tend to be hard. The room had excellent AC and good lighting by the bed side. There was a table and two chairs, a mini fridge and a large flat screen TV as well as a nice amount of drawer space. The closet is large with a safe and iron/ironing board inside. In the bathroom the sink had a nice large counter space, lots of fluffy towels and good bath mini's. The large shower had a glass door and the toilet was in a room of it's own. Elevators were the fastest we've ever used and you need your room key to access the room floors.

We had a lovely maid who gave us extra coffee packs and when we called housekeeping for an extra blanket they were at the door in minutes. Service in all areas of the hotel and casino was excellent and helpful. The hotel itself is attached by escalators to The Pier for high end shopping over the ocean. The restaurants in The Pier are all very good and have excellent 'happy hour' deals on food and drinks. The hotel is also attached by escalators/elevator to The Wild West Casino which is then connected to Bally's and finally The Claridge. If you don't want to go outside you don't have to brave the elements. The connected properties also opens up a lot of dining choices at all price points.

Room Tip: Centurion Tower rooms are closest to the boardwalk and beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Avi525
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We came down for an IMAX movie at the Tropicana and fell in love with the scenery and just wanted to relax and enjoy more. Looked for rooms on the Boardwalk and Caesars was available. We weren't looking for gambling but good restaurants and clean hotel. Service was a bit on the sparse side in the hotel and casino and they could have been more friendly and accommodating for what you spend on your room rate. I enjoyed the restaurants and clubs onsite and would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Service is not good. Called for a service because something was missing in the room. Promised me they were going to send someone soon. No one showed up. This hotel was slightly more priced than the others around it but I chose it because of the stores that are in it. Not a good choice. I should have taken the other hotels and saved my money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SiggyT2013
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Never been to AC before and was looking forward to stopping at Caesars. Booked delux room from UK, so wasn't sure room type to expect for price I paid, which was mid range of the choices on offer.

First room we were given overlooked the lobby right above the cafe so we went back down and asked for an outside room, even said willing to pay more if needed. The lady on the desk just speedily rebooked us into to another room saying it was outside but had twin beds which we were ok with, when we got to room it was another inside one with no windows and a king bed so totally different to what she said. By this time we couldn't be bothered to go back down and re-queue as we were only stopping one night.

Went for stroll on boardwalk before coming back to change for dinner, my partner fancied the buffet but when we got there at 8.50 found out they stopped serving at 9, so went up to Atlantic grill, which also stopped serving at 9. Ended up eating at sushi place in the mall which was great, so it worked out in our favour. But really puzzled why other places stopped serving at 9.

Had breakfast included in rate, was ok but had to wait an age for my order, server Michelle was really sweet though and knocked off price of a juice and a buffet.

All in all disappointed with our visit to Caesars, but maybe I just had high expectations and our stop was typical of what you get in AC?

• Stayed May 2013