“Casino Hotels”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm able to stay at many hotels with the Caesar's group because I'm a rated member. This allows me free stays whenever I go to their casinos. That may skew my perspective, however, I've stayed many '4 star' hotels in NYC who could use this hotel as model of how to fix an older hotel. The Caesar's Atlantic City is older but well maintained and I always have a pleasant stay. I've only ever stayed in the Centurion Tower and it is updated and is very spacious. I'm not sure of the other towers but have heard they are not as nice. I have a thing about bathrooms and this one is a winner. Granite every where and even a TV in the Mirror. I like their bath products as well. My only complaint would the the hotel/casinos restaurants. The good ones are only open on weekends and the rest are pretty slim pickings. Clean, fast courteous check in and convenient to all the other casinos. Do yourself a favor and check out here or yelp to get information about close by family run restaurants. I avoid the chains and casino hotels because they are expensive. Maria's is a great place for breakfast and it's very inexpensive.

Room Tip: just ask to be in the Centurion Tower and you can't go wrong. But remember to state smoking or n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Arriving in Atlantic City on a cold March day is not so special! Arriving at Caesars Atlantic City WAS special however. It was immaculate, well-designed and tasteful while I had expected much less in every category. That, plus the food was great, reasonable in price and, in every case, nicely served. The mid-week rates couldn't be beaten either. Atlantic City is NOT the garden spot of the Garden State but we had a wonderful 2-day visit thanks to the surprisingly fine Caesars Atlantic City.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Caesar's Palace in Vegas is spectacular and first class. Its Atlantic City sibling is decent but the nickel & diming (e.g. extra charges to check in before 4:00pm --or-- for a room higher than the 4th floor) is ridiculous.

And, uh, duh. If you're a casino, you want people gambling, not waiting in the artificially manufactured 4:00pm check-in traffic jam.

Great location on the boardwalk. Friendly staff handicapped by the embarrassing extra charge-itis management came up with to off set their attendance / gaming declines. Really backwards thinking.

Spa was over-priced with average service. Parking garage is old and a very poor first impression. All in all, a sub par experience.

Room Tip: you have to pay for an ocean view room - but it's worth the annoying nickel & diming.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Front deck clerk was very nice. Room was clean. Nice place to stay will be back. Right in the center of the boardwalk so you can walk to the other places in the area. Great buffet breakfast in the cafe roma.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

It has been almost 9 years since our first and only stay in Caesars. We returned with intrepidation because of the knowledge that a reservation does not guarantee the location until check-in time, and we did not want a repeat of 2004 (before I started reviewing for TA). Back then, we were dissatisfied with a couple of rooms in Temple Tower before we were finally changed to a room in the Centurion Tower, considered a premium room.

Check-in was quick and efficient despite a line, but I cringed a bit when told that we would be getting a Temple Tower room unless we were willing to pay a hefty upgrade charge per night for the Centurion Tower. Since it has been years, we decided to check out the “deluxe” renovated rooms first before making any decision. Our fears were eased as soon as we entered the small elevator. The elevator was much brighter than we remembered and as we stepped out, the halls, although still narrower than usual (you can’t widen the structure), were completely redone and bright with wall sconce lighting.

As we opened our room door on the 6th floor, we were happy to see a room unlike anything 9 years ago. The room looked very attractive with 2 new double beds and humongous headboards. A large flat screen TV sat a on a wide credenza which housed 3 wide drawers and a refrigerator. The coffee maker and ice bucket/tray sat on a large round pedestal table surrounded by 2 upholstered chairs. By the beds were 2 glass topped pieces—one a pedestal small round table and the other, the nightstand. The wall behind the bed was mirrored giving the illusion of a larger room. The sliding doors of the closet were also mirrored so there are ample full-length mirrors. Muted browns and muted green bed coverings completed the décor with 2 coordinated floral prints on the walls. Four lights made the room very bright.

The small bathroom was redone entirely and consisted of a sliding glass door shower stall only which we actually prefer over a shower/tub combo. Modern light fixtures over the sink/vanity provided warm lighting to the nicely decorated walls which were enhanced by another coordinated print and a large mirror. There was also a makeup mirror attached to the wall. As mentioned before, renovation cannot change the size of a place, so the negative here is the size of the bathroom. As a result, the tissue box, spare roll of toilet paper, and hairdryer were all stored on a shelf beneath the square sink vanity. Above the vanity was a small glass shelf which housed the complimentary toiletries. Because of the lack of bathroom counter space, we opted to put our personal toiletries on the credenza in the room. This was not a problem for 2 people, but if there were 4 in this room, there may be a space issue. In addition, there is also an electronic safe inside the closet that is large enough to hold a laptop.

If a room view is important to you, then you should definitely inquire whether any Temple Tower rooms have decent views. When we were here last, the rooms we checked out (and rejected) were the ones that looked out into the dark atrium/lobby area. This time, our window provided daylight, but the outside building view was obstructed by a most unusual grid-like wall. I will post a photo of this to explain it better. The funny thing is, the wallpaper in the room even had an understated texture mimicking the patterned grid outside the window! This gridded wall is definitely not for anyone who is claustrophobic, but in our opinion, it is preferable to have daylight coming into the room rather than a dark atrium. Since we knew we were not going to be spending much time looking out the window on this trip, we were content with our “view”.

The room was very clean and well maintained. All plumbing worked well. Housekeeping was very prompt in cleaning the room. The walls seemed thin since we could hear neighbors, but then again, this is part of the original construction. We did not encounter any noise problems, but did hear some inebriated guests in the hall late one night.

Since Caesars is considered the best of the Total Rewards properties in AC, there were a couple of items that should have been provided in the room. I’ve noticed that shower caps, which used to be a normal amenity in the bathroom have almost disappeared from many hotels, probably due to cost cutting. However, it would be nice to still include them in the high end resorts. Tea bags should also be offered in addition to coffee since not everyone is a coffee drinker. Also, I’ve never been in a room without a pad and pen. When I inquired with the housekeeping staff in the hotel, they gave me a pen, but there was no paper. Usually, there is a small pad by the phone.

After seeing and staying in the renovated Temple Tower, we would definitely stay here again in the future and would not hesitate to stay in Temple Tower unless we required a beach view or a larger bathroom. I don’t think a view alone justifies the high upcharge. Although Caesars is the most expensive of all the TR properties, it is also the most convenient since it is located in the center of the boardwalk. When it’s too cold to walk the boards, one can always go to the third floor of the Caesar’s Pier and read/lounge in the “sand” and watch the ocean through glass in heated comfort. Guests can use the free shuttle to get to the other properties for less expensive and more dining and gaming variety.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wanderlustcrazy2
Reviewed March 11, 2013

With the renovated Rotunda where you check in to the rooms, spectacular for AC. Considering it was winter time and snowing outside, it was pleasant to be centrally located and visit other neighboring casinos without going outside. Caesar's gaming floors are always crowded - compared to many others on the ocean side. You've got to check out the amazing gelato selections in the rotunda.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, the gaming floor has a smoking section which is hard to avoid. Make sure you cash in...
1  Thank JSarbello
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friends and I were recently in Atlantic City for the WPT (poker enthusiasts, we tend to follow as much as we can, and this year we wanted in on the action.) We had booked Caesar's late last fall, and the booking was easy.

Upon arrival, we were greeted at the hotel desk by the lovely concierge Cecilia. Her warmth, humor, and boisterous personality set the stage for a first wonderful night gambling and goofing off. In fact, with only one exception, every staff-member I encountered was lovely (Connecticut and Las Vegas could both take note: if you treat us nicer, we spend more...

Anyway, the rooms were pretty basic, but clean and comfortable, and I spent very little time in mine anyway. Everything worked, nothing looked untidy or in disrepair, and the elevator from the seventh floor to the ground floor gaming took mere seconds. The facility, in all of its offerings, must be commended for being clean, looking clean, and smelling clean (something the Tropicana absolutely failed at when I wandered in with a friend for a brief hour - that place was vulgar!).

The little convenience store, the wine/cigar store, the Tazza Cafe (full of great baked goods, excellent sandwiches), and the mall across the Boardwalk full of every store, restaurant, etc. one could want, all made it unnecessary to leave the complex/resort - but the weather was cool but lovely so we DID actually go outside to stroll.

My only complaint, aside from poor decisions I made gambling which are not the fault of the casino but rather my own giddiness, was that the mall pretty much shut down at dusk, closing off the Starbucks, the gorgeous ocean-view balconies, and the cute little grocery store-type restaurant (Piazza?).

Overall, it was a great three days, it was a great trip, and I will definitely be staying at Caesars each and every time I am in Atlantic City.

One last note: despite last fall's horrific hurricane destruction, the Boardwalk and the businesses look wonderful. The cleanup and the industriousness of this party city are well noted, as we saw downed trees all along the turnpikes and parkways (not in the street, but just in the skim off of the sides), and we all know the flooding and power outages caused sheer chaos.

Room Tip: spring for an ocean view, as the other rooms look out upon a screen/lattice