“Clean and convienent” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Clean and convienent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room in south Temple section was clean and a decent size. Stayed 3 nights, mid week. Hotel convienently located on boardwalk. Beds were a little too soft for my taste. However, the entire hotel was way too hot. Even with the heat in our room turned off, it was still 75 degrees. Maybe some people like it like that, but not me. Requested and received nonsmoking room. Excellent blackout curtains, really kept the room dark. All in all, a nice stay for the midweek price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esthoughts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,074)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed at Caesars and I had a comp so I figured I'd try it out! I made a good decision. The staff is very friendly, check in was quick, she upgraded us to the Centurion tower and we had an ocean view. The room is nice and big and so is the bed! There's even a small tv in the bathroom mirror!! I love how close it is to everything and to shop the pier you don't even have to walk out in the cold! Will be coming back!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank j-xoxo x
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

When my family goes to AC, I usually ask to stay in Caesars. The check- staff has always been great. Rooms have been clean. I made the mistake once before about being ok with a smoking room. NO I will not taking a smoking room ever again. That's my preference. I find the Centurion tower being a little far for everything I want to get to. I prefer the Ocean Towers. Only because it's right by the SPA and Fitness Center. The SPA is great. The real reason I go. I usually book a spa treatment every time. George is great. The spa staff is always nice and very helpful. You have many choices for food. I like that the Wild Wild West, Bally's and Caesars is basically connected so if I get bored in one or if my husband isn't doing well in one you can move about and try your luck in another casino. It's smack dab on the boardwalk. and walking distance to the Walk and the Boardwalk Hall for Concerts.

For the Kids: There is a lot for children to do. You can see so many things on the boardwalk. The beach is right there. Of course all the shopping. Amusement parks here and there. My kids love it. The Pier has a decent candy store. We've watch the water show and the kids love Glow golf.

Casino: There is an array of table games (Craps for instance) and poker and slots galore. You can't really get board.

My favorite Hotel in AC .... This really is our second home for most of the summer..... We drive 6 hours to stay here.

Room Tip: I personally like Ocean towers
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nurseviv24
Beaufort, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked reservation for non smoking king room through Expedia. Arrived at hotel 28 minutes after the 4:00PM allowable check-in time. The front desk representative said the room was not available & we would be assigned a room with 2 double beds unless we wanted to get the same room accommodations in another tower for an additional $60.00 per night. That was not acceptable since we paid for & selected what my wife & I wanted online. The representative explained that was only a request & is not guaranteed. She explained Expedia should note that on our reservation confirmation. It wasn't & we showed her the complete print out. After negotiating for several minutes and the representative leaving to speak to a manager we finally got a room we reserved in the "better" tower at no additional charge.
This is not the way a customer should start off their stay. We all have enough challenges to deal with daily & when we go on a getaway I expect it to take me away from all the issues.
The room was nice. Average at best. I would have been disappointed if I had anything less. The curtain rod was broken (separated from the curtain). Not a big deal but it turns me off to see anything damaged as I walk into a room. In the hospitality industry it is important to make the customer feel as if no one else has slept in the bed or been in the room before you.
All of the hotel/casino/restaurant associates that we interacted with were very nice & helpful.
The mall that is attached to the casino is slowly becoming a ghost town as many of its tenants are moving out. It was sad to see that since it is a beautiful mall.
So with everything being said we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very professional but this is a summer resort. Outside was obviously cold but too many stores and restaurants were closed. It takes away from the atmosphere when a place is too empty. Saturday night is the only real entertainment but prices skyrocket. The only reason to truly be here at this time of year is gamble, gamble and gamble!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ExasperatedAgain
Kinnelon, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went to AC for an overnite with girlfriends....was a nice break....the hotel was wonderful...nice king room....room was clean...bathroom and shower was absolutely clean....the casino is nice with more games I could play on my budget....food was excellent here too....have been back and will definitely go back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Queens, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

As I'm a Total Rewards member (base status), I get emails every week from them. Usually I ignore it but several of them were advertising rooms for $25/night midweek. I had to burn vacation days as they wouldn't rollover into next year so I figured what the heck. I booked a Thursday night stay at Caesars figuring that as the priciest TR property in AC, I would be able to check it out cheaply as my friends and I usually stay at Showboat since they're usually the cheapest on the weekends. Of course, Caesars was a bit more than $25 and after the $10 AC/NJ tourism tax it was more like $40 but still less than the hundreds for the weekend.
Avoided the early check in fee scenario by checking in around 5pm. Noticed the big sign that said check is at 4pm. Also was exposed to the "we don't have your room type available, do you want to upgrade for $40?" scenario. I had booked a king and they said they only had doubles. What do I care, so I said no. But I would imagine how if you needed two beds and booked two beds how that would be upsetting. On top of the fact that on a cold winter Thursday post-Hurricane Sandy, AC was deserted. There's no way they ran out of regular king rooms. Part of me thinks if I did need a specific bed configuration that I'd book the opposite and check-in solo.
Got the room and the window curtain was pulled down. Hmm, why is that? Usually curtains are left open. I look out the window and realize why. The window doesn't face the outside, it faces into interior enclosed courtyard where check-in and the Caesar statue is. It was kinda cool and certainly probably better than facing the outside cold. But I could see how that would be bothersome.
The rest of the room was pretty standard - 40" LCD panel, decent channel line up, clean beds, mini bar fridge and in-room safe. While the hallways and elevator looked a bit dated and tired, the rooms are better, like they refreshed them. Bathroom was clean. Stand up shower - it was the length and width of a standard bathtub but there was no tub. On messed up thing was the mosquitoes that lived in the bathroom. I killed a bunch of them but they kept coming. Not sure if this gets worse in the summer.
Overall, it was an OK value for what it was. You're paying for the location because Caesars is connected to the Pier shops and directly opposite the outlets which is why I suspect it's always priced higher than the other TR properties. I would however not stay there on the weekends because you'll pay hundreds of dollars a night for what essentially is an average Holiday Express room. Also add the interior facing room, the check-in swap scenario and bathroom pests and I'd be piping mad if I paid $300-$400 weekend rates for that. I guess I wouldn't stay there midweek winter either since I booked another midweek stay in February and I'm staying at Showboat. I'd stay at Harrah's but I'm not driving.
P.S. no more Buffet of Buffets in AC - BOO! :(