“Vegas vs Atlantic City”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hampton, Virginia
“Vegas vs Atlantic City”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at Caesars during a Annual Business Meeting. The hotel is dated but clean. The rooms were nothing special but clean. I've stayed at Caesars in Vegas and that hotel had lots of bling and wow!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,564)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Panama Province, Panama
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at Caesars for one night mid-January (Friday night). My husband booked the room just a few days prior and asked if I thought a deluxe room would be good enough. At first I agreed, but after reading quite a few reviews on TA, I told him to bump us up to a premium room. I don't know what we could have been given, but I was perfectly happy with our room placement in the Centaurion Tower. If this was premium, I was glad we went up a notch for it.

We checked in at four pm, and since it is off season, it was quick and efficient. The girl at the front desk that checked us in was cordial and efficient. We were given a room on the 42nd floor (the higher the better) with an ocean view. But our room was right around the corner from the elevator. We had two double beds, since we were with our daughter. I would have preferred queen beds and a bed with either two or four pillows (not three--stole one from my daughter's bed so no need to call housekeeping), and a room NOT by the elevator.
There were only two bath towels under the sink (even though our reservation showed three people), but the housekeeper was in the hall at that time, so she gave us three more. They are large, soft towels, too. I know better than to stay in a room by the elevator (TA has trained me to be on the lookout), but I knew we wouldn't be in the room a lot. Be warned though. We were in room 4216, and I could hear the elevator running up and down throughout the night. We had an ocean view, so I tried to pretend it was the ocean waves, but it didn't work too well. The bed was comfortable, there is only a shower (not a tub) but it was large and clean with good water pressure, the toilet is in a separate room (a plus when getting ready), there is a tv in the mirror of the bathroom (always love this when a tv is in the dressing area) and mostly the room was tidy, neat and clean. And there is an empty refrigerator with ample space to store my own drinks. Those were good pros of the room, along with the it having a good amount of space for the three of us.

And the hotel is in an excellent location! I was surprised that the Claridge did not have any slot machines (just in Bally's), but you have the chance to walk to shops undercover in case the weather is inclement in The Piers, gamble in Bally's and The Wild West as well as Caesars Palace, eat in many restaurants, play Glow Golf, sit in an Adirondack chair on an inside boardwalk people watching.

The cons were the location of our given room was close to the elevator (but I did receive a room upon on a high floor), the glitzy gold (I don't like the "gaudiness" of all the gold but this is Atlantic City. What did I expect!), the carpeting in the corners of the room could have been vacuumed better, the gold around the bathroom mirror was "brushing/rubbing" off, and the furnishings are getting outdated. All in all though, my room was not dirty or unkempt. It is what is to be expected of a "themed" hotel (bold, brassy and bodacious--which doesn't suit everyone). Also, it is HUGE, so expect a bit of walking to and from to get anywhere. This is a plus perhaps, too.

I have stayed in Ballys, Courtyard and the Claridge. I might try The Revel since it is entirely non-smoking and that is a big plus! I would recommend this hotel but only if staying in a Premium (I don't know how the deluxe/standard rooms are) room or better, but there are so many options in Atlantic City, I may or may not choose Caesars Palace the next time.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room around the corner and by the elevator. The second floor of the casino is non...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AlliTC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you want to go to Atlantic City for a few days and stay near the center of the action then Caesars is a place you should consider. There is plenty of shopping, dining and gaming in and near the property and it is fairly well kept. Our rooms were good size with good views the mattresses needed to be flipped and the wood vanities in both of our rooms were warped a bit from water damage. There are so many people coming in and out of the hotel and so much activity, it is possible that they really are too busy to attend to some of the maintenance issues that we observed. The price is right but I would probably check out one of the newer places that are trying to attract customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I've never experienced such a rude staff in my entire life. From the parking attendant to the manager at the front desk, these people need to go back to training on how to deal with customer service. They are rude, nasty, condescending & unaccommodating. And I was COMPED, so my entire trip was free. I was so turned off by the lack of care they have for their guests that I left & gambled elsewhere. I understand this is a common occurrence by friends & family who've stayed there as well. I am no longer staying at Ceasars.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Ciber004
NY
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We normally stay at Harrahs however we decided to stay at a different Harrahs property. So we chose Caesars AC, I have stayed here once or twice before so it was time for a visit. We arrived late and check in was very easy, they gave us a room in the Temple Towers adjacent to the check in desk....this seems to be the old part of the hotel. Its a little underwhelming it really needs remodeled. The rooms are average size with a small bathroom. The beds are comfortable which is a tremendous plus in my book, the pillow on the other hand were very hard. The casino seems on the small side in proportion to the size of the place. The gambling was good cam home a winner........

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank David G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel mid week and got an amazing rate.

This was my first time in Atlantic city and I was impressed by Ceasars. I must come back here in the summer time - this hotel is connected to the beach/boardwalk. We had lots of fun even thought it was cold. The casino had two floors and had great variety of games.

The location was great and everything was close. The rooms were spacious and clean. The buffet was a bit so-so, but not bad for the price. Excellent buffets are hard to find.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael_77_toronto
Bristol
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited AC on a road trip down the east coast in April 12. We stopped off in AC for two nights, despite having heard it was a dive. We were pleasantly surprised. I think if you've been to Vegas already, this would be a let down, but as we hadn't, we loved it. We spent a lot of time with our mouths open, just shocked by the unusual theme decor everywhere.

The hotel was clean, we had a great room, and the service was good. Even though it was really tacky, we can't fault it, as it was an experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple