“Fab location on the boardwalk!”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fab location on the boardwalk!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We live in DC so are just 3,5 hours drive from AC and have visited maybe 20 times over the last 5 years! Have stayed in properties along the boardwalk as well as the marina and consider Caesars Palace to be one of the best choices in this "SO NOT VEGAS" city!

One of the greatest qualities is the location. Directly on the boardwalk and almost in the center of it. So for those who enjoy exercise you can walk for several miles either on the boardwalk or on the beach. Caesars is a short walk from Tanger Outlets which offers a wide selection of outlet stores.

Caesars Palace is a large property consisting of 3 towers. So you have to ask yourself - do you want an older room for a cheaper price or a smaller newer room with partial ocean views for a higher price? We have stayed in both and prefer the Ocean Tower with a sea view.

For travelers who have difficulty walking the Temple Tower is the closest tower to the reception. The Centurion Tower is the closet elevators to the casino but this tower wraps around the entire building and connects with the Ocean Tower and can result in a lot of walking.

The rooms in the Centurion Tower offer more space but overlook the back of the building and in some cases directly onto the rooftop where the AC units are located.

Caesars connects by a pedestrian bridge to the Pier Shops which is a multi-level mixed use mall comprising of superb restaurants and a broad spread of stores.

The staff on reception at Caesars are often reviewed poorly but unfortunately for them Atlantic City seems to be the place where everybody wants something for nothing and I think hotel staff across this city have become as tired as the city itself!! We have encountered some excellent staff on reception and have frequently been upgraded and then on the other hand have also been "welcomed" by Mrs Grouch!!!! It's the luck of the draw - but then this is a gambling city!!!!

At the right price in the right season this hotel is a great choice - cheap valet parking and the Qua Spa has recently been totally overhauled and is an absolute must visit. We loved the introduction of Tazza, a 24 hour deli located on the lobby level - superb pastries and great coffee!!

For those reviewers who didn't get their room category that they booked or were on honeymoon and ended up in single beds here is what we have learned, simply NEVER accept that - continue climbing the management ladder until you find either the rooms division manager or director of rooms or front office manager, these are the people who can upgrade you substantially as the only manner of apology in a hotel is this form of compensation known as SERVICE RECOVERY!! They actually have a budget line item to do something special for you in order for you to stay and leave happy and hopefully come back another visit.

Overall we think Caesars is one of the top choices for AC and therefore comes highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harv and Les C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,686)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don't mind tipping a hotel maid. I do mind a grubby envelope sitting on the night stand expecting me to put something in it. I especially mind that when the bathroom is FILTHY when I check into a room. Whiskers in the sink, trash under it and enough grime in the corners to make me wish for a scrub brush.
Add to that the two full size beds rather than single king we wound up with, the reek of cigarette smoke everywhere- non smoking? umm...no and it is an experience we never repeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheCatRules
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I make the reservation for a room with a king bed. Me and my new husband wanted come here for our honeymoon. We check in and I'm told that they don't have the room I reserved. However, they do have a very nice room with TWO beds. I tried to explain this isn't 1920 and married couples would like to sleep next to each other, but the front desk woman didn't want to even listen. So I get to spend my honeymoon sleeping in separate beds. I just want to thank caesers for making my honeymoon as miserable as they possibly could, and pretty much destroying the imagin of how I imagined a honeymoon. I will never stay here again. On top of this we are facing a roof. so all you can hear is the sound of machinery and the so called bathroom the door doesn't close. Yet, I guess seeing how poorly this place is I should just be happy I have a bathroom door! I'm also writing this as I am sitting at the table listening to the machinery on the roof.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Kimberly W
monroe, Ct
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had rooms reserved in the Temple Tower, and remarked to the desk clerk that on a previous trip, we opened the drapes of the room and were staring at a brick wall ; she said that
we could upgrade to the Ocean Tower for $40 a night, which we agreed to do. However, after
dragging our luggage to the rooms, we opened the drapes and were again staring at a brick wall, exactly what we had hoped to avoid. After again contacting the desk to complain, we were
moved to the Centurion Tower, a much nicer room. Couldn't the extra aggravation have been
avoided if the desk clerk had been a little more knowledgeable about the rooms, or if she had
paid closer attention to her job ?

Room Tip: Unless you want to have a brick wall for a view, request an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Alan K
Wyncote, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I went because I had a number of offers from Caesars and their sister property, Harrah's, so we decided to make the best out of them. We arrived around 4:00 pm and was able to check in right away due to my status as a Diamond member. We stayed in the Centurion Tower, which is good for me because the rooms have been renovated. I prefer to stay in the Ocean Tower only if I am given a mini or full suite. The bed was comfy (although my boyfriend complained about the pillows not being firm) and the room was clean. We had a view of the ocean and the building right next to us, but the building next to us really didn't bother us. We parked in the garage and it is free for Diamond members, so I took advantage of that. We went to the Waterfront Buffet for dinner then came back. I had about $20 in slot play which went pretty quickly, but kept me entertained. The next morning we ordered room service. Not only did the room reservation come with a $20 food credit, I also had a $20 coupon for room service. My boyfriend and I were able to order eggs, sausage, home fries, a HUGE waffle, plus a to go box with a burger, fries, cookie, apple, AND orange juice all for $8.28 and I think $5.45 went towards the tip. Needless to say, we got our money's worth. If they continue to give offers like this, we'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Angela P
klynne2
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the first week in December to attend the Reatlor Triple Play convention. It was a great time! Our standard room was well appointed with a real feel of luxury. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was large and inviting with a TV in the mirror. Navigating the hotel was easy once we got used to it, and our location in the Centaurion Tower was mid resort and easy to get back and forth from. We ate at the Deli in the lobby and at Cafe Roma and were pleased with the selection and price.

Room Tip: We liked the Centaurion Tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank klynne2
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Right of ac expressway great location. Rooms are big and clean. Lost of awesome shops.The pastrie shops are tremendous!!

1 Thank Michael C