“My home base”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I love and appreciate Ballys for several reasons but their rooms are not one of them! I stayed in the "coveted" tower rooms only to find it as small in size as any regular hotel room and as dirty as any bad motel. I just beared it for the night out of tiredness and checked out a day early to go to Harrahs to lay my head (and oh what a wonderful place to lay it).

Fact is, Bally's is still my home base. Their food is GREAT! The buffet is unbeatable. Even the in-room dining left me wanting more. The constant $1 black jack, the good slots, the cool decor/theme, the cheap drinks in wild wild west, the nice ambiance, the connection to 4 casinos (3 in Ballys and caesars) and caesers hotel and pier shops (there is really no need to leave esp in winter months), the prime location on the boardwalk--next to all the cool shops, the beautiful decor on the outside, the centrality on the boardwalk, proximity to the The Walk outlets, the closeness to the beach entrance, nearby jitney stops to the marina district, cute little bus station, the $25 free slot play for bus riders, nearness to chain restaurants near the outlets, the awesome pool, the cute little fun center/complimentary pool, nice eating options, walking distance to the small amusement park on the boardwalk....I can literally go on and on. The value of this place certainly makes up for their horrendous rooms. I have only stayed in the tower though. I will try dennis rooms next. I hear they are awesome! But I heard the same thing of the tower rooms. Let's wait and see. I will certainly stay at Ballys over and over.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (9,504)

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Room was nice with excellent service.Best part came home with more $ that I left with

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2011

This was my 4th time in AC but my first at Bally's. Overall it was a good trip. The price seems to be the same up and down the strip. Bally's loactions is great. The food was good. It remains to be my favorite casino in AC.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

thought they took a long time to bring the room service ..everything tasted wonderful and the service overall was great. i will be definately going back

Reviewed February 27, 2011

We booked a room at Bally's for 2/26/11. We were given a room in the Claridge Tower. The room was nice enough and the bed comfortable. However, the walls are paper thin. There were at least four and maybe more people staying in the room next to us and they were very loud. It took 4 calls to security before they would come up and ask them to quiet down. We requested a room change but the front desk claimed the Hotel was booked solid.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had reservations at Bally's, but of course they put me in Claridge. I was so angry until I went inside the room. It was a renovated room and it look just like the pictures they show on the web for the ruby room. I loved it!!! Everywhere was clean and the bed was like heaven it is so comfortable. I will stay there again.

1  Thank gina037
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Well if you want more than you bargained for, then your certainly going to get it. While staying at Bally's Resort and Casino in Atlantic the beginning of February for what I though was going to be a very special birthday for my husband turned out to be a nightmare. While sitting in the Lobby Bar, I had something crawl on my arm, thinking it came from the plant, I shooed it off, while trying to enjoyed my drink I started itching only for my husband to notice 4-5 more insect type things on my blouse. We left there and head to the restaurant that was included with out package. Only to find another one crawling on the menu. We were disgusted. After showering we turned in for the last and couldn't wait to leave the next morning. When getting ready to leave I picked up the blouse I had worn the night before only to find numerous "bugs" all along the collar of my blouse and on my skirt, well now those clothes had been placed on other dirty laundry we had. We immediately bagged those items and took them to a desk supervisor who informed us it was "LICE" I was physically ill. They put the room we were in out of service but not the bar.. are you kidding we told you where it came from. We told them we wanted all out contaminated clothes clean, After an email conversation with her director we can only clean the outfit you were wearing everything else has to go through claims. They took my clothes " Oh we'll mail them back" upon getting them back, not only was my blouse missing, but i had numerous clothing items that did not belong to me, which indicated to me this happened to someone else. After speaking to # different people including the guy from the claims dept, who hasn't returned the last 3 messages I've left told me last time they had 30 days to settle my claim. That is totally unacceptable for the horror my husband and I endured. We had to purchase new clothes to come in, been medicated and remedicated to make sure we did end up with this. I HAD been a loyal yearly customer to almost all of Harrahs establishments, Never, ever again!!!!!!!!!!