“WILL NEVER STAY IN CLARIDGE TOWER......:(”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
new york
“WILL NEVER STAY IN CLARIDGE TOWER......:(”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My First Time Staying at Bally's was The Worth. The Comp room in Claridge Tower on the Website are very Misleading. The Room was Horrible and Dirty. Never Again. If Bally's Offer me a Room in Dennis Tower or Garden Tower i will Come Back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,370)
  • Korean first
nyc
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We went to Bally's based on their "roaring 20's" promotion". It was to be $19.20 per night at the Claridge tower and there were to be $2 breakfast featuring 1920"s brands. Additional taxes and fees almost doubled the price) we were nervous, after reading other reviews about the rooms. We were given a beautifully renovated ocean view room on the 19th floor of the Claridge tower. We were pleasantly surprised
Here's the bad part.
1-the $2 breakfast was 2 pancakes. No other items. Coffee was $2.99 !!!
We were expected to order other items before being allowed the pancake deal.
2-we checked out a day early due to an impending snow storm. The clerk issued us a bill for 3 nights, rather than the 2 that we stayed. She insisted that it was only for 2 NIGHTS. After arguing 10 minutes, she went into an office and came back 5 minutes later and reduced the bill accordingly. No apology.

2 Thank jdough789
Halfmoon, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I'm not a big time gambler. I'm just a gold card member. And I don't spend thousands a year at the casino. But my stay at the claridge hotel was very surprising. I had booked just their basic room which I have been in before. But when I checked in I was given a different room one called the Ruby room. This room was beautiful. It had a huge jacuzzi spacious bathroom nice king bed and large flat screen TV. Beautiful red and white decor the heat and a/c worked wonderful. The staff were friendly and the maid service top notch. I got all this as a gold club member. Wow, I'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ffhal58
Jackson
Reviewed February 21, 2011

If you get stuck in the Claridge Tower...leave!!! The regular Bally's towers are fine but the Claridge Tower is old and the walls are paper thin!! Even if you are a total rewards diamond member you may still get stuck in this tower so beware!!

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2011

The only reason I chose this hotel was because I was going to a nursing student's convention and upon registering, they advertised this hotel so I chose to stay here. Sadly to say, I WISH i never chose this hotel. I arrived on a wednesday night at 10 pm and checked out the next night 8 pm and was charged for 2 nights. Lets see, upon arrival I asked for a non smoking room, room still smelled of cigarettes actually the whole hotel smelled this way. You would think for the price they would add complimentary breakfast or water at least. NOPE got none of that. The t.v was a cheap flat version TV, remote didn't even work and the volume button was broken also. The only appliances in the room were a tiny fridge which didn't cool, and a cheap coffee maker NO microwave or anything so your forced to buy their highly priced food. There's no Wi-Fi so if you need to use the internet you have to pay 12.99 just to surf it. A friend of mine stayed at Caesar's and she said it was awesome compared to Bally's so if you ever have to go down to AC I beg you to choose the better hotels out there such as Caesar's or Harrah's, I would have definitely paid 200$ for a better experience because Bally's was trash.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

II booked a room, confirmed the room TWICE.... the night before and the day of..... TWICE.... for a premium room in the Dennis tower..... I was staying for a convention. I show up and was told my room wasn't available and I was being placed in the Clarriage tower.... It was comped, so i honestly tried to give it a chance. I was greeted to the "renovated" tower by and elevator that didn't work, and a slew of some very interesting people, with no security seen. After trying to get an elevator to work, i made my way to the 8th floor. Upon my exit of the elevator, i was greeted by a recently renovated floor, with food all over the carpet, cracker crumbs and a bunch of food sitting on a table (10pm).
The Room- Creepy. I honestly felt like I walked into 1408, and couldn't wait for my roommate to come down. It looked like a cheap motel room where one bed was sunken in, and one bed was actually comfy. The lights were fluorescent so they had to warm up, and there was a sealed door way to courtyard. 808 was a "ruby"room. I went to the bathroom to turn off the hooker red light that was lighting the room (thank god it turned out to be a heat lamp_, and noticed the bizarre artwork and the old tub, and counter. This was an ugly room. I don't know why the money was wasted to renovate it cause honestly.... it was like 1970's coin operated hotel style. I told my self again it was a comp, give it a chance. So i looked for a safe.... found one (a plus) in the closet... ti was locked with an error code saying low battery. I called and was given an attitude about having to send a locksmith. Locksmith came opened the safe.... put my stuff it locked it.
So i go down to the lobby to meet some friends who stayed in the room i should have been in...... It was nice! Weird layout but was comfortable.
Second day i wake up... safe isn't working... luckily it shutdown while locking, and didn't lock my stuff inside. Locksmith came, told him that i was running late for my conference, and he told me the other guy probably didn't have batteries so he didn't change it (great service).... Go out in the hall.... THE FOOD WAS STILL THERE.... crackers on the ground food on carpet... table still with the food in the hall. I honestly had to take a breath... that's dirty, and in a city like Atlantic City... ti's asking for problems (bugs and rodents). Nasty... i called the operator again, and asked for it to be cleaned up, then asked for the manager on duty... sent to a line where nobody picked up... and i was running late.
At the conference i spoke with people in my tower, they told us about aw full odors, smells of packs of tobacco in a non smoking room. Their toilets were public style... yak now the ones from school where you kick the metal bar to flush.... AND THEY PAID FOR A ROOM! yeah... is that enough said?
to be perfectly honest, I played at those casinos for a comp room.... i could have stayed next door at trump for free, or even paid a little for Caesars.... but really wanted to give them a chance. They failed... with service and execution of an idea that was never right to begin with.... don't "poo" on the people that play at your desperate casino, cause they'll stop going there. Very disappointed and even worse... NOBODY CARED! Never could get a manager, and the staff honestly looked so run down dealing with the accountability that management laked. Wake up AC! I now understand why you're failing....
Pros- Blue martini (mixed drinks cheap) martini's $15!!!
Not having to walk in the cold to Caesars and Wild Wild West.
Cons- Everything else, even casino floor service.... really a shame...
Pay the extra bit of money for a Caesars room.... or just stay at another hotel and take the Jitney (love those bus's)!

Really stinks to write AC another bad review.... but this is pathetic...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
South Jersey
Reviewed February 19, 2011

First time staying down at AC and even though the room was a comp it was not worth it. I feel bad for anyone who would pay full price. Stayed in the claridge tower and after a 10 minute trek to my room I was not impressed. It was very old looking. The floor was dirty, the bathroom was dirty looking and small and the shower was horrible. The bed was ok but the pillows were small and there were not enough. The lighting was bad. May have been better if the all the lamps actually worked. The TV was a joke! I was not there to watch TV but when I was in my room relaxing for a bit I got to watch static on every channel, no lie. The closet doors were off the track, I fixed them because it annoyed me and there were not enough hangers for our clothes or jackets. Went to dinner at Bistro Six and the service was horrendous. Slow, Slow slow. Hostess had the personality of a rock and waitress never once asked if we needed refills or anything. The nicest people there were the cashiers, probably because they were collecting the money. Overall I would say that I will never stay here again even if it is free and I am only sleeping for a couple hours.